Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

How did your lineup do? I made out pretty well! I won a total of $17.56 which is my 2nd best I think. Considering the options out there, I'm happy. This was my best lineup. Oddly enough the lineup I was most sure of and excited about was a Dallas stack and it only scored 23.30 points. Thankfully that's the only lineup I really banked on them for so it's all good. Really wish I did a Buffalo stack. I considered it, but didn't.

Not sure how I'm going to handle tonight yet. I think I might go with Rask as my goalie if he's starting. As a B's fan, he's really my goalie, but I've had a hard time trusting him. Normally when I get the urge to play him he does well though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Rookie

nice winnings!, i went with 3 different lineups last night in 3 HTH and a couple GPP, played 20 and won 10 back. When you all are looking at picking your lineups is there a "minimum" projected points you try to get your lineup to?.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by ejamiec View Post
    nice winnings!, i went with 3 different lineups last night in 3 HTH and a couple GPP, played 20 and won 10 back. When you all are looking at picking your lineups is there a "minimum" projected points you try to get your lineup to?.
    I think you should look at least 30 projected points, or seasonal average points. Typically 35 points will get you into the money for all contests. I've been documenting contest results data for a few weeks now, and expect to put together a report in the not too distant future.
    Founder and President of DraftFuel.com

"Play to break even, hope to draft a miracle line up" - Dooley89

For real though, that's all I try to do, break even and live to see another day, usually end up winning but still.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Last night was a bust. I didn't win anything. My best lineup only scored 27.9 points. I didn't feel very comfortable going into it last night and should've taken the night off, but oh well. I haven't put any lineups in yet for tonight. I'm going to wait until later so I can really think about what I want to do. Usually I'll set my lineups either the night before or the morning of and make last minute changes if need be. I'm gonna wait today.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Like Bergy80 - i also had a complete bust last night, my lineups underperformed topping out with my best at 28.5. I will be playing a couple tonight, starting my research shortly.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm going to jump into this thread. Entered just one lineup in a small tourney. Ended up placing 77th, winning $6, as I had Scheifele, Buff, Perreault and Hellebuyck. Was going back and forth on Zucc + Nash vs Rakell + Stafford. Went with the former because I had the extra salary. Also bc I would have had to drop another Jet to get Stafford in. Had I made the flip decision, would have taken the $200 first prize. #soclose
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by ejamiec View Post
    Like Bergy80 - i also had a complete bust last night, my lineups underperformed topping out with my best at 28.5. I will be playing a couple tonight, starting my research shortly.
    I also had a 28.5 but it was good enough to win my head to head and make a modest profit after losing out in a bigger tournament contest. Good luck tonight!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ended up with a nice $25 win off of $1 thanks to this lineup.

Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by PensInThree View Post
    I'm going to jump into this thread. Entered just one lineup in a small tourney. Ended up placing 77th, winning $6, as I had Scheifele, Buff, Perreault and Hellebuyck. Was going back and forth on Zucc + Nash vs Rakell + Stafford. Went with the former because I had the extra salary. Also bc I would have had to drop another Jet to get Stafford in. Had I made the flip decision, would have taken the $200 first prize. #soclose
    Good stuff, but yeah too bad you didn't get Stafford in, but he did have his best game of the season I think so it was hard to see that coming. Good luck tonight, new lineups and contests await! Oh and since you're based in Toronto be sure to check out our new DFS Toronto group at http://www.meetup.com/DFS-Toronto-Pe...nts/226631716/ and coincidentally tonight is our first get together so come out if you can!

Dobber Sports Novice

Stafford and Scheifele really came through huge for you, congrats on doing so well! Now you're likely wishing you went into all of the big tournaments last night! What I tend to do after a big night like that is spend big the next day but it's usually a bust, my brother has found the same thing to be true. So maybe don't play too aggressive today, but it's up to you. Good luck!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It's funny because whenever I play the Jets guys (aside from Buf), they don't play well. When I don't play them, games like last night happen. Maybe I should just keep trying. When they hit, it's usually big numbers!

About tonight. Ovechkin, Seguin, and Benn. I HATE passing them up, but I HATE passing them up when they perform well too. Very torn.

I don't see Washington and Montreal as a great matchup. Great D and great goalies ( though Condon is the lesser of the two ). I just don't see it as a high scoring, lots of points game, but anything can happen with this sport.

PS. Thanks again for all the advice and results that you're all getting. I am learning more through you. I'm glad more people are joining in the discussion too!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I kind of like the Caps offense tonight. They've been hot but a matchup on the road against the best team in the league may scare people off a little bit.

Capitals are 8-1 in their last 9 meetings in Montreal and I don't think the Habs can keep winning like this without Price and Gallagher. Condon wasn't playing that well right before Price came back and he has had 3 pretty easy matchups (CBJ, NJ twice) since then. I'll have a Capitals lineup tonight for sure.

On another note, seems like Dubnyk is a must play tonight. He is 8-3-0 at home and the Leafs are playing on back to back nights. Nice price to on FD. Good luck tonight everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LEAFS225 View Post
    Ended up with a nice $25 win off of $1 thanks to this lineup.

How does scoring work, is that on fanduel?
    How did a forward get you a minus, +/- ?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah it is FanDuel. Here is the scoring.