Thread: Stacking the Dallas Stars for my DraftKings NHL lineup tonight

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Stacking the Dallas Stars for my DraftKings NHL lineup tonight

Hey guys, I've got Benn, Spezza, Sharp, and Klingberg for players in my NHL DFS lineup tonight on DraftKings. Seems like a good night to stack the Stars vs the inconsistent James Reimer. Thoughts? Almost took Niemi too for my goalie, but going with the hot Jake Allen instead vs the Devils.

What does your DraftKings lineup(s) look like for tonight?
    Founder and President of DraftFuel.com

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Stacking the Dallas Stars for my DraftKings NHL lineup tonight

Beware of the ides of Reimer..................
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Good call on Allen, not so much on Dallas - I did the same thing though!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Novice

Well the Dallas stack didn't work out so well since Reimer was on his game yet again vs them, but Allen provided lots of points with his 24 save shut out! Time to put together another NHL lineup for DraftKings again tonight!
    Founder and President of DraftFuel.com

Dobber Sports Star

That last post was a little too ad-like for me. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    That last post was a little too ad-like for me. Stop.
    Looks fine to me.
    At least he is contributing to the DFS forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draftfuel View Post
    Well the Dallas stack didn't work out so well since Reimer was on his game yet again vs them, but Allen provided lots of points with his 24 save shut out! Time to put together another NHL lineup for DraftKings again tonight!
    Only 2 games tonight, finding VALUE and picking the right 4th liner who scores will be of huge importance tonight on draft kings!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by draftfuel View Post
    This is why, in my opinion, DFS hockey sucks. In theory this stack *should* have worked. But on any given night, anything can happen. Sure that *can* happen in football, but not really. If you play Julio Jones agaist the worst D in the league, he's not getting a 0. He might not do as well as you hope or he should, but there is a floor. Every player in football has a floor. For some players that floor is 0, but the section is pretty small. In hockey, on a random Tuesday night, EVERY players floor is 0. It is exponentially more variable than football, and I really don't enjoy it. It's not really a matter of "winning" or "losing" money. I've done both in hockey and football. But like tonight or Monday. Edmonton and Arizona both suck. Stacking Getz/Perry *should* work. But Anaheim can also win the game 5-1 (or lose 4-3 like Monday) and your "elite stack" could have failed miserably. When a team can score 3 (or 5) goals and your elite players floor is still zero (or negative, if you play on Fanduel), the game is too volatile for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This is why, in my opinion, DFS hockey sucks. In theory this stack *should* have worked. But on any given night, anything can happen. Sure that *can* happen in football, but not really. If you play Julio Jones agaist the worst D in the league, he's not getting a 0. He might not do as well as you hope or he should, but there is a floor. Every player in football has a floor. For some players that floor is 0, but the section is pretty small. In hockey, on a random Tuesday night, EVERY players floor is 0. It is exponentially more variable than football, and I really don't enjoy it. It's not really a matter of "winning" or "losing" money. I've done both in hockey and football. But like tonight or Monday. Edmonton and Arizona both suck. Stacking Getz/Perry *should* work. But Anaheim can also win the game 5-1 (or lose 4-3 like Monday) and your "elite stack" could have failed miserably. When a team can score 3 (or 5) goals and your elite players floor is still zero (or negative, if you play on Fanduel), the game is too volatile for me.
    I agree, there are way too many things that can go wrong for a lineup.
    I see alot of entries in the 20-30 range in a contest, meaning most of the 'regular players' (guys I see in EVERY contest) are entering 20-30 teams in a single contest trying to cover all their basis.

I have found that even stacking with a team that does well doesn't win you money.
    You have to select the best 1-2 players from teams that do well, for example.
    Last night was a disaster, 5 shutouts or something, games with over 5 goals per side - it was crazy!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    I agree, there are way too many things that can go wrong for a lineup.
    I see alot of entries in the 20-30 range in a contest, meaning most of the 'regular players' (guys I see in EVERY contest) are entering 20-30 teams in a single contest trying to cover all their basis.

I have found that even stacking with a team that does well doesn't win you money.
    You have to select the best 1-2 players from teams that do well, for example.
    Last night was a disaster, 5 shutouts or something, games with over 5 goals per side - it was crazy!
    Yea. Like take that Preds-Sens game last night. The "elite plays" from that game would have been

Turris - 0 points on 5 goals
    Stone - 0 points on 5 goals
    Karlsson - 2 points on 5 goals
    Hoffman - 1 point on 5 goals
    Neal - 1 point on 7 goals
    Ribiero - 1 point on 7 goals
    Forsberg - 1 point on 7 goals
    Josi - 1 point on 7 goals
    Weber - 1 point on 7 goals

That's ridiculous. If you tell me a football game is going to end 49-35 (essentially, for simplicity sake), I'm stacking the hell out of that game and I am going to do well. I wont *maybe* do well, I'll do well. In hockey, that's just not the case.