Thread: Couch Co-op Video Games

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Couch Co-op Video Games

I am looking for some suggestions for PS4 games that can be enjoyed by 3 or more people on the same couch for about a week. My wife's extended family is getting together for a week in a hotel room and my two brother in laws like video games. What games should I look to acquire for my PS4 for the week.

Already owned:

NHL 16
    Diablo

Any names you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Couch Co-op Video Games

If you haven't played it yet, you've got to try Towerfall Ascension. It's a 4-player free-for-all, where everyone is a little dude with a bow and some arrows. Brilliant old-school gameplay. It's just a blast to play, and everyone winds up laughing and having fun, win or lose.

Sports Friends is also pretty fun. Another 'competitive' multi-player game, and again, it's so ridiculous and fun that win or lose, everyone will have a good time. This one's a collection of 4 mini-games, with 2-on-2 team play.

Nidhogg is super fun in a 'party' atmosphere. It's only one-on-one, but it plays so fast that it's easy to pass and play. Each player is just a guy with a fencing sword. Very simple and quick to learn, but it's fast and crazy, and requires some skill and strategy. It's also kind of hilarious.

You can download each of these on the PS Store.

Maybe you know about all of these already (they're also on Steam), but these are the go-to fun multi-player games for my group of friends (along with NHL, of course). If you're unconvinced or unfamiliar, check out some gameplay of each these games on Youtube.

Dobber Sports Expert

NBA2k16 if you like basketball or Madden for some football matches.

Besides sports games, there aren't many co-op games. A few you can check out:

Borderlands
    Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
    Rayman Legends

Dobber Sports Icon

Thank you for the suggestions.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dobber Sports Icon

One of the greatest two player games of all time. Here's a recent video of teenagers trying this game for the first time. It's pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSMVxv_4UMU

Dobber Sports Ninja

LOL that's too funny.

Some of my most vivid videogame memories were playing the old school 2 player NES games like Contra, Life Force, Ikari Warriors, etc. So revolutionary at the time...

Dobber Sports Star

Probably not what you are looking for. But funny. Vulgar language warning.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Its a shame they don't make many games like this anymore, its the best way to play a video game.

I used to have a few friends from work come over and we'd play Diablo 3 and have some beers. It was awesome, but mainstream games are just all about the online multiplayer instead now

And Rylant, that video was awesome haha. Kept thinking it would annoy me and it never did.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Icon

The COD: Advanced Warfare co-op zombies mode is a blast, I really enjoy it a lot. The exo-suits are a great addition, really expand your mobility. Unfortunately I think you have to buy them as DLC so that may be a bit much in the $ department.

I've been playing the new Black Ops 3 zombies but IMO it's not nearly as fun - they make it just too difficult to fully enjoy.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Icon

The week is up. We ended up playing mostly Hell Divers with a little Tower Ascension. Then we went back to Diablo 3 for the last 2 nights and wondered why we just didn't play that all week. Diablo 3 was once again the big winner for the crowd we had.