Thread: BlockBuster Offers WHIR + REP

Dobber Sports Novice

Default BlockBuster Offers WHIR + REP

4th Year 18 Team dynasty league(keep 23 per year). We start 2C/4W/4D/2UTIL/2Goalies daily. I've built a stacked team since I had a great initial draft and bought low and sold high every year to acquire stars.

Skater Cats: Goals, Assists, Points, PP Points, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PIM

Goalie Cats: Wins, Saves, GAA, SV%

My Team

Forwards: Crosby, P.Kane, Stamkos, Perry, Benn, Hall, Toews, Kucherov, Eberle, Drouin, Zucker

Defense: Giordano, Barrie, Rielly, Larsson, Parayko, Bieksa, Alzner, De Haan

Goalies: Varlamov, Niemi, Nilsson

Prospects: Hellebuyck, J.Gillies, N.Ritchie

Offer #1
    JVR + Giordano + Rielly + Drouin
    for
    Getzlaf + E.Lindholm + Fowler

Offer #2
    Stamkos + Giordano
    for
    T.Johnson + E.Karlsson

Would you do either of these? According to on-ice shooting percentages and career averages, T.Johnson, Getzlaf, Lindholm and Fowler are all good buy lows. I'm also trying to see if I can maybe get both deals done by subbing Gio out for someone else in one of the deals.

Thanks, I'll help you in return and REP. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: BlockBuster Offers WHIR + REP

Your team is stacked, and I don't really see a purpose to either deal. Is there a reason why, with a team like yours in an 18 team dynasty league, you are not trying to upgrade your G? Couldn't you get a Price instead of a Karlsson for Stamkos and Gio?
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Seeds of Grapes View Post
    Your team is stacked, and I don't really see a purpose to either deal. Is there a reason why, with a team like yours in an 18 team dynasty league, you are not trying to upgrade your G? Couldn't you get a Price instead of a Karlsson for Stamkos and Gio?
    Goalie prices are ridiculous, I do plan to eventually upgrade but I'm waiting for someone desperate for offense to come to me with an offer so I don't have to overpay. If not, I should be set next year since I expect Hellebuyck to be the real deal and get decent playing time and Niemi/Varly can keep me afloat until then since I'll likely win all offensive cats most weeks anyway and 90% of goalies are pretty streaky.

Thanks for your input!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Definitely agree with Seeds of Grapes here. But also it's worth asking what your category needs are. From the looks of it, you're going for the win this year and you have a very dominant team in G/A/PTS/PPP. Perhaps you should look a a multicat beast who brings big number in PIM/Hits/BLKS/Shots a la Corey Perry. I am not a multicat expert, but Karlsson would probably be a pretty dominant multicat guy, filling out at least 6 of the 8 categories like a champ. To me, deal 2 upgrades your starters since Karlsson >> Giordano (injuries) but Stamkos is at best > Johnson (or Kucherov, or Toews).
    10-Team, Custom Keeper. In this league GMs sign their own contracts at an auction for a specified price and term up to 4 years.

G(3) A(2.5) +/- (0.5) SOG(0.1) FOW/FOL (0.05) HTS(0.1) BKS (0.1)

2C - McDavid, Pettersson, Barkov, Kopitar,
    2RW - Lindholm, Perron, Reinhart, Killorn
    2LW - Draisaitl, Svechnikov, Schenn
    3FWD From above FWDs
    6D - Karlsson, Dahlin, Gustafsson, Theodore, Edler
    2G - Varlamov, Greisss, Murray, Mrazek

IR - Hamilton

6FARM - Kakko, Mittelstadt, Francouz, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Monster

Really dont like offer #1. #2 is decent but I dont think you need to do either trade. If you are going to be moving big pieces trade for a goalie