Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: McDavid negotiations help (REP)

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: McDavid negotiations help (REP)

Surprised no other offer from any other managers yet. Hoping very soon because its evening time. You think they would check it and go crazy that McDavid is available

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I was looking for it but there are some many posts lol

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's okay but I think you could get a little more. Those three can be really good keepers though
    I agree. I really think this manager will reject because he is same manager who said he wouldnt trade Forsberg not even for Malkin. So he may think those 3 guys are just as good of keepers as mcdavid i dont know. we will find out shortly i believe. he checks the league everyday like me

Dobber Sports Monster

Dobber Sports can breathe a sigh of relief .... the manager rejected the trade. Said it was too "rich" for him

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Dobber Sports can breathe a sigh of relief .... the manager rejected the trade. Said it was too "rich" for him
    Did he send a counter offer

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    Did he send a counter offer
    No. I think he though I was going to practically give him away. Figured that would happen. I thought the value was there. Its Connor McDavid, Im not just going to get nothing in return for him. There wasnt much wiggle room for value where I was going to accept. The lowest I would have went was McDavid, Kovalchuk, Talbot for RyJo, Gaudreau, Hedman.

Dobber Sports Sage

No. I think he though I was going to practically give him away. Figured that would happen. I thought the value was there. Its Connor McDavid, Im not just going to get nothing in return for him. There wasnt much wiggle room for value where I was going to accept. The lowest I would have went was McDavid, Kovalchuk, Talbot for RyJo, Gaudreau, Hedman.
    So why are you trading him now, then? This is his lowest value point, probably of his entire career, the beginning of a long-term injury hiatus. Anyone who explores trading for him at this moment is going to expect a discount.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    So why are you trading him now, then? This is his lowest value point, probably of his entire career, the beginning of a long-term injury hiatus. Anyone who explores trading for him at this moment is going to expect a discount.
    You think McDavid, Talbot, Kovalchuk for RyJo, Gaudreau, Forsberg was not enough value? It may be McDavids lowest value point but he is 18 and he has superstar written all over him. The reason im trying to trade him was to challenge for 1st place.

Dobber Sports Sage

You think McDavid, Talbot, Kovalchuk for RyJo, Gaudreau, Forsberg was not enough value? It may be McDavids lowest value point but he is 18 and he has superstar written all over him. The reason im trying to trade him was to challenge for 1st place.
    Where did I say that? No, what I said was you are trading McDavid at the lowest value point of his career. But you are not giving a discount so my question is why do you think someone is going to pay you the Tiffany & Co. full retail sticker price that you are clearly asking for when the person who does that knows they are also probably writing off this season if they do so. The only reason someone would trade for McDavid at this moment is because they are getting a good price.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Where did I say that? No, what I said was you are trading McDavid at the lowest value point of his career. But you are not giving a discount so my question is why do you think someone is going to pay you the Tiffany & Co. full retail sticker price that you are clearly asking for when the person who does that knows they are also probably writing off this season if they do so. The only reason someone would trade for McDavid at this moment is because they are getting a good price.
    How am I not giving a discount? Everybody and their dog said that I shouldnt do this trade and I was leaving value on the table. The reason this was rejected is the GM is unrealistic when it comes to value. He said he would never trade (his) Forsberg for Malkin. Same guy who turned down my Duchene, Koivu for Barkov, Perron.

Dobber Sports Genius

Entertaining thread indeed. Should change your name to ChiarelliAllIn97 ....new handle.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Entertaining thread indeed. Should change your name to ChiarelliAllIn97 ....new handle.
    Lol if we could change our username like that I would

Dobber Sports Sage

No, I dont think thats a discount, and obviously the guy you were trading with agrees with me. I guess most people have a somewhat overinflated value of McD. He is not Gretzky and never will be close to him, its not that kind of league anymore.

Dobber Sports Genius

Lol if we could change our username like that I would
    dobber will give a chance to do so @ least once a year....watch for the thread.......glad you still have 97....you got moxy ....going against the flow......i dig it....
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    dobber will give a chance to do so @ least once a year....watch for the thread.......glad you still have 97....you got moxy ....going against the flow......i dig it....
    Lol Ill have to message him about it. Thanks for the heads up

Dobber Sports Monster

I already changed my avatar again