Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alex Anthopoulos Walks

I...am your father.

Default Alex Anthopoulos Walks

The Jays lost their GM
    https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/659692657535492096

Sources: Alex Anthopoulos leaving #BlueJays after turning down extension: bit.ly/20ctrOt
    They showed no faith in the guy when they were losing. His moves were mostly good ones - not his fault if the players don't fulfill promise or injuries happen. So when success finally hits, he walks away and good for him.

Another theory via Elliotte Friedman:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...06747867779076
    Hockey reporter guess: power and control offered to Shapiro before AA's big trade deadline. It was never intended to have him back.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Alex Anthopoulos Walks

**** this organization. I'm more pissed off about this than losing game 6.

I don't think this is a case of him leaving more so a case of them basically telling AA that he's going to operate with handcuffs on because everything that he does has to pass through Shapiro. They're pretty much forcing him out and he deserves better than that.

This teams losing a huge piece of its success story and it's really all because of political bullshit.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Like seriously, we make the playoffs for the first time in 22 years. We get 2 games away from the World Series.

Shapiro scolded AA and co for trading so many top prospects this year. Are you ****ED? Almost all of the players that AA got in return are basically in their prime and are under team control for the next 3-5 years. AA was a little bit off on the window that he initially gave us when he first took over as GM, but he delivered.

The biggest takeaway I get from this is that if it were up to Shapiro, we'd still have all our prospects and we would have not gotten Tulo, Revere, or Price, and we would have lost his 9-1 record down teh stretch and probably missed the playoffs. GREAT WAY TO MAKE A FIRST IMPRESSION YOU MORON

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Like seriously, we make the playoffs for the first time in 22 years. We get 2 games away from the World Series.

Shapiro scolded AA and co for trading so many top prospects this year. Are you ****ED? Almost all of the players that AA got in return are basically in their prime and are under team control for the next 3-5 years. AA was a little bit off on the window that he initially gave us when he first took over as GM, but he delivered.

The biggest takeaway I get from this is that if it were up to Shapiro, we'd still have all our prospects and we would have not gotten Tulo, Revere, or Price, and we would have lost his 9-1 record down teh stretch and probably missed the playoffs. GREAT WAY TO MAKE A FIRST IMPRESSION YOU MORON
    Given the way Price worked out, that might have been for the better. It also looks like Tulo has no interest playing in Toronto - wouldn't be surprised if he's gone as well.

The Jays blew their chance to win it all. I'd be surprised if they are in the playoffs any time soon.

Dobber Sports Deity

While like many others, I am surprised by the news this morning. That being said, if there's one thing I have always known, winning cures all. If Shapiro can keep the train on the tracks and build on what Anthopoulos has going here, people will soon forget the sting of the news today.

It's not like Shapiro is a complete idiot (although many are probably calling him that today) when it comes to baseball.

Does it suck to see a guy like Anthopoulos go. Of course. The guys has quite literally grown within the organization to the position he has been in. Many are thanking him for all he has done in getting the Jays to where they are now. I am not ready to completely write the Jays off yet just because Anthopoulos won't be back next year.

As I say, winning cures all. The Jays need to keep winning next year, or Shapiro is going to come out of this looking like the idiot many think he is today. I'll reserve my judgement on all of that when the time comes. Today won't be that day.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    While like many others, I am surprised by the news this morning. That being said, if there's one thing I have always known, winning cures all. If Shapiro can keep the train on the tracks and build on what Anthopoulos has going here, people will soon forget the sting of the news today.

It's not like Shapiro is a complete idiot (although many are probably calling him that today) when it comes to baseball.

Does it suck to see a guy like Anthopoulos go. Of course. The guys has quite literally grown within the organization to the position he has been in. Many are thanking him for all he has done in getting the Jays to where they are now. I am not ready to completely write the Jays off yet just because Anthopoulos won't be back next year.

As I say, winning cures all. The Jays need to keep winning next year, or Shapiro is going to come out of this looking like the idiot many think he is today. I'll reserve my judgement on all of that when the time comes. Today won't be that day.
    why is he an idiot for AA leaving?

Dobber Sports Stud

It wouldnt shock me either if Tulo is gone.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

AA only left because he didn’t want to be micromanaged. Shapiro wants to be involved and AA thinks/deserves to be left alone. Shapiro only came to the Jays because he wants to be involved and if Rogers said, “No, you’ll be like Beeston and stay out of the way and only be a middle man”, Shapiro wouldn’t have come.

Different personalities and opinions are the reason why AA is leaving. Shapiro scolded AA and staff for trading away so many prospects in their ONLY meeting with each other back in August/September. So I can see why AA wouldn’t want to work under Shapiro, especially getting free run of the team for so long.

I don’t agree with the move, I wish Shapiro would be more lenient with AA having power to do things without permission, but I get why AA is no longer part of the organization.

Thanks AA, it’s been fun. Take your talents to another team and show Shapiro why we were wrong to let you go. And Shapiro, time to show us you know what you’re doing and win us over this off-season.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    AA only left because he didn’t want to be micromanaged. Shapiro wants to be involved and AA thinks/deserves to be left alone. Shapiro only came to the Jays because he wants to be involved and if Rogers said, “No, you’ll be like Beeston and stay out of the way and only be a middle man”, Shapiro wouldn’t have come.

Different personalities and opinions are the reason why AA is leaving. Shapiro scolded AA and staff for trading away so many prospects in their ONLY meeting with each other back in August/September. So I can see why AA wouldn’t want to work under Shapiro, especially getting free run of the team for so long.

I don’t agree with the move, I wish Shapiro would be more lenient with AA having power to do things without permission, but I get why AA is no longer part of the organization.

Thanks AA, it’s been fun. Take your talents to another team and show Shapiro why we were wrong to let you go. And Shapiro, time to show us you know what you’re doing and win us over this off-season.
    This.

I'm not writing off the Jays at all. I'm pissed that we're letting a young, essentially homegrown, talented and gifted baseball executive go essentially because of egos and politics.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    This.

I'm not writing off the Jays at all. I'm pissed that we're letting a young, essentially homegrown, talented and gifted baseball executive go essentially because of egos and politics.
    He let himself go....

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I didn't say he was. What I said was that many were calling him an idiot for letting AA walk away (or squeeze him out, however you want to look at it). I am saying that I am not ready to call him anything right now until we see what he can do. There are a lot of ticked off people this morning because Anthopoulos is not coming back. I want to play the wait and see card to see where the Jays go from here. Anthopoulos had finally put together a group of guys headed in the right direction. With him leaving, do the Jays continue down that path or do they take a right turn and step backwards. This is the wait and see approach I want to go with.

If the Jays take a turn for the worse and take a step backwards, then it will all be blamed on Shapiro and he will come out looking like an idiot for not bringing Anthopoulos back, who was clearly on the right track in building a winning culture here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

I didn't see him being called an idiot anywhere in his blurb

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be surprised if they are in the playoffs any time soon.
    Half your posts in this forum say stuff like that. "I'd be surprised if XXXXXXX did (insert method of being successful here)"

Because only 3% of teams can win, then always making negative statements makes you right a lot. Good philosophy.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I didn't see him being called an idiot anywhere in his blurb
    I meant "why would some be calling him a complete idiot"

I...am your father.

He let himself go....
    Ultimately the decision was his, but if the team wanted him to stay then enticing him to would have been rather easy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Half your posts in this forum say stuff like that. "I'd be surprised if XXXXXXX did (insert method of being successful here)"

Because on 3% of teams can win, then always making negative statements makes you right a lot. Good philosophy.
    1) you shouldn't be condescending towards your customer base

2) look in the god damn mirror if you wanna accuse others for trying to game the system to be "right" all the time. Should we re-visit the Klingberg thread from yesterday?