Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who is this year's Klingberg? (Because if he's out there, i need him)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Who is this year's Klingberg? (Because if he's out there, i need him)

moved post

14 Team, Keep14 Farm5, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters: Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G
    C- Crosby, Zibanejad, Couturier, Zacha, Frost
    LW- Marchand, Huberdeau, McTavish, Rackell, Kuzmenko
    RW- Konecny, Necas, Caufield, Jarvis, Lafreniere
    D- Hughes, Carlson, Werenski, Chychrun, Andersson, Dobson, Weegar
    G- Andersen, Merzlikins, Daccord, Jones
    Farm- Johnston, Foerster, Tarasov, Hutson, Reinbacher
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Who is this year's Klingberg? (Because if he's out there, i need him)

I just read a story quoting both Babcock and Reilly saying he is deliberately keeping him away from PP because he wants him to focus on improving other aspects of his game. I guess we'll see if that changes.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

I...am your father.

Klingberg was a largely unknown quantity before last season. I touched upon him in the FPR, but really didn't start hyping him up until training camp. I had moved him from playing a few games...up to playing half the season and doing well. Then we all know what happened. There is nobody really like that this year, we'd know about him by now. Ben Hutton to a lesser extent (may get 30 points sort of thing), but nobody with Klingberg's vast potential.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Dobber, nice try. You didn't hype Klingberg at all... ever. Not until he made his mark and it was obvious what he was all about. Take credit where you deserve it, but not here. LOL.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I didnt see a whole lot of talk about parayko before the season start so I think hes this year klingberg... Coming out of nowhere but he doesnt have seguin and benn up front to boost his pts totals

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by migbas View Post
    I didnt see a whole lot of talk about parayko before the season start so I think hes this year klingberg... Coming out of nowhere but he doesnt have seguin and benn up front to boost his pts totals
    Not only that, he's got Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, and Bouwmeester in front of him on the depth chart, whereas Dallas was begging for someone to take over D1/PP1 responsibilities. The kid clearly has talent, but he's in a tough situation.
    10 Team, Weekly H2H (Set Daily), 31-Player, No Cap, Dynasty League

Categories: G, A, +/-, Hits, PPP, ATOI, SOG, W, S%, GAA

F: Crosby,
    Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

D: Karlsson, Hedman, Shattenkirk,
    Barrie, Hamilton, Gostisbehere, Vatanen

G: Rask, Fleury, Dubnyk, Schneider

Dobber Sports Padawan

and Shattenkirk will take back his ice time. Parayako's value will drop again soon.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Genius

Ya, thats the thing about Parayako. While I like his potential and talent, Klingberg didn't have as many defenseman ahead of him as Parayko does. Dallas was desperate for someone to take over the first power play unit while Parayako has a lot of guys in front of him on the depth chart

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Holden View Post
    Dobber, nice try. You didn't hype Klingberg at all... ever. Not until he made his mark and it was obvious what he was all about. Take credit where you deserve it, but not here. LOL.
    First post ever and you're talking smack to the boss?
    Stupid or Big Balls?

14 Team, Keep14 Farm5, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters: Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G
    C- Crosby, Zibanejad, Couturier, Zacha, Frost
    LW- Marchand, Huberdeau, McTavish, Rackell, Kuzmenko
    RW- Konecny, Necas, Caufield, Jarvis, Lafreniere
    D- Hughes, Carlson, Werenski, Chychrun, Andersson, Dobson, Weegar
    G- Andersen, Merzlikins, Daccord, Jones
    Farm- Johnston, Foerster, Tarasov, Hutson, Reinbacher
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Holden View Post
    One post so far, so I'm assuming you've read everything I ever written...in order to make such a statement and bold it?

I'm in the business of digging up what coaches, beat writers and GMs say about their young players. That's my full-time business. So you think for even a second that two weeks into last year's training camp that I didn't pick up on Klingberg and share with my readers? That's just a dumb thing to say.

Last year's Fantasy Guide I had projected 40 games and 12 points. I had Klingberg on my Sleeper chart for 10% comfort level of getting 30 points last year. And after Laidlaw talked him up twice in the Ramblings last September (and I didn't feel the need to repeat what he said in my own ramblings though I agreed), I expressed disappointment when he was cut last year http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-r...tober-01-2014/ but opined that he would be a midseason call-up.

But according to you - "ever"? And this is your first post here, to call me out on something I was correct on? No other Guide had Klingberg anywhere near this team, let alone made a projection on him. "LOL"

What little credit I was actually taking, which wasn't much, I'm still gonna take. But thanks for coming out.

edit - Sorry 27Blue, I should have realized it was you. Figures.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Here is what the Fantasy Prospects Report had on Colton Parayko. He came out of nowhere for me - my St. Louis writer Matt Kowalski drew my attention to him and put together this profile...

Capture.PNG

He's looking real good for that upside, but I'm still thinking he'll be a low-40s kind of player. Whereas Klingberg is going to be a 60-point guy - I believe that.

Banned

Klingberg was also surprising because he was really crappy defensively for most of his career before a year or two ago.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Here is what the Fantasy Prospects Report had on Colton Parayko. He came out of nowhere for me - my St. Louis writer Matt Kowalski drew my attention to him and put together this profile...
    He's looking real good for that upside, but I'm still thinking he'll be a low-40s kind of player. Whereas Klingberg is going to be a 60-point guy - I believe that.
    Given Shatty's return what's best-case point scenario for him this year Dobber? Any likelihood he'll out-point Ryan Ellis, Ryan Murray, Morgan Riley, or Mike Stone -- the other guys I'm considering with my last wire pick to rescue me from the dark void that is Zidlicky/McDonough? Who is your pick if you were in my shoes, points only and non-keeper.

And nice rebuttal to that inane cheap shot. I would note that in that ramblings you cited from sept 2014 that you pretty well nailed Lehtera's 14-15 season. chapeau.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

I...am your father.

He'll outpoint Ellis and Murray and Stone for sure. I think 40 would do that.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I picked him up after his 2nd goal this season and reading your prospect report on him. I think he pushes out boewmeester or Gunnarsson out when shatty returns. Rumours out there already they are looking to move gunnarsson for some scoring.