Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [rumour] Stamkos and the Flames trade rumours

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: [rumour] Stamkos and the Flames trade rumours

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    That's a very interesting proposal. Calagry might have to give up a little more like a 1st round pick but I could see that working for both teams
    Thanks Buddy. I think salaries for this year basically balance (future is uncertain)..
    I think if Calgary is taking Stammer, there is a deal like Toews in place which to me, may nullify that need for the 1st in there..

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Thanks Buddy. I think salaries for this year basically balance (future is uncertain)..
    I think if Calgary is taking Stammer, there is a deal like Toews in place which to me, may nullify that need for the 1st in there..
    True. I couldn't even imagine the reaction to a trade like this

Dobber Sports Ace

True. I couldn't even imagine the reaction to a trade like this
    Precisely why I'm shocked that my phone doesn't ring for any GM vacancies...lol

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Screw it. Calgary wants to make deals.
    What about a hockey trade...

Stammer + Bishop
    for
    Monahan/Bennett + Hiller + Dougie + Ferland/Pick
    Thoughts?
    Don't know if they got interest in Hiller. They seem pretty confortable with Gudlevskis backing up Bishop right now instead of Poulin, so I guess they'd be confortable with him backing up Vasilevskyi.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Rato View Post
    Don't know if they got interest in Hiller. They seem pretty confortable with Gudlevskis backing up Bishop right now instead of Poulin, so I guess they'd be confortable with him backing up Vasilevskyi.
    His contract comes off the books this year. Maybe re-sign him more cheaply like a 2 yr 5Mil deal and he will split with Vasi with Vasi taking over more and more as time goes on? Or maybe he's just for this year...

I just feel (and Maybe I'm wrong and overly bored at work today) that this deal would help both teams and is actually somewhat feasible..

I'd be salivating at what TB would look like..
    L1-Triplets
    L2 Monahan/Bennett - Drouin- Callahan/Filps

Dougie-Hedman paired or 2 "waves" of D

Dobber Sports Guru

One of the issues with your trade scenario is all the no trade clauses.

Stamkos has a no trade clause. Why would he waive it to go to a team like Calgary (and then re-sign with them)?

Also, Bishop has a no trade clause.

Why would either of those players, much less both of them, agree to leave a Cup-contending team like Tampa to go to Calgary?

I know you said a deal would need to be in place in advanced for Stamkos, but there's no way Yzerman is letting another team speak to Stamkos on a contract during the season.

And if Stamkos didn't re-sign in Calgary, there'd be a lynch mob. Trading 21-year-old Monahan, plus 22-year-old Hamilton, plus a pick, plus Hiller for what could be just Bishop next summer is extremely awful.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    One of the issues with your trade scenario is all the no trade clauses.

Stamkos has a no trade clause. Why would he waive it to go to a team like Calgary (and then re-sign with them)?

Also, Bishop has a no trade clause.

Why would either of those players, much less both of them, agree to leave a Cup-contending team like Tampa to go to Calgary?

I know you said a deal would need to be in place in advanced for Stamkos, but there's no way Yzerman is letting another team speak to Stamkos on a contract during the season.

And if Stamkos didn't re-sign in Calgary, there'd be a lynch mob. Trading 21-year-old Monahan, plus 22-year-old Hamilton, plus a pick, plus Hiller for what could be just Bishop next summer is extremely awful.
    Can a team like negotiate a contract with someone before they trade for him to make sure he would sign or is that against the CBA? I feel like if they couldn't, it would be a big gamble trading for Stamkos because of the package a team would have to give up

Dobber Sports Guru

Can a team like negotiate a contract with someone before they trade for him to make sure he would sign or is that against the CBA? I feel like if they couldn't, it would be a big gamble trading for Stamkos because of the package a team would have to give up
    I feel like in the past, some teams have allowed it, but it's usually in the offseason and for players that aren't very good any more. So Toronto might allow Sundin to speak to every team out there when the playoffs are over in hopes that if he agrees to a deal, they can trade him for a sixth rounder, or something like that. (Sundin is just an example: I think the Leafs allowed Bob Gainey to speak to Sundin in advanced for that reason, and Gainey went to Sweden to visit him).

I can't imagine any team allowing a distraction like that during a season for their superstar player.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I feel like in the past, some teams have allowed it, but it's usually in the offseason and for players that aren't very good any more. So Toronto might allow Sundin to speak to every team out there when the playoffs are over in hopes that if he agrees to a deal, they can trade him for a sixth rounder, or something like that. (Sundin is just an example: I think the Leafs allowed Bob Gainey to speak to Sundin in advanced for that reason, and Gainey went to Sweden to visit him).

I can't imagine any team allowing a distraction like that during a season for their superstar player.
    True. You would think then a team wouldn't give up any important pieces for Stamkos if he might not resign. Like why would Calgary give up Monahan or Bennet if Stamkos might not resign

Dobber Sports Padawan

as a Flames fan I do not want Stamkos if I'm giving up Bennett or Monahan and a first or more. I think he's overrated and his numbers were inflated playing with St. Louis. Great player (obviously he's still a top 10-20 guaranteed) but I just think we'll give up too much and get a ridiculous contract. No interest. Flames have to stay the course with Bennett/Monahan/Gaudreau.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    as a Flames fan I do not want Stamkos if I'm giving up Bennett or Monahan and a first or more. I think he's overrated and his numbers were inflated playing with St. Louis. Great player (obviously he's still a top 10-20 guaranteed) but I just think we'll give up too much and get a ridiculous contract. No interest. Flames have to stay the course with Bennett/Monahan/Gaudreau.
    Ya I feel like that would be the Flames best bet

Dobber Sports Deity

If you think he's a top 10-20 and a great player, how can you also say you think he's overrated?? Isn't that a bit of a contradiction? Can't say I've ever called anyone great and overrated in the same same train of thought.

With or without MSL, he's still a top 10 player in the league, and is not overrated. He's about to get PAID but I doubt there are too many teams out there who wouldn't love to have him on their roster.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

People at one point thought he was right behind Crosby but I disagree. There's probably 10+ players I'd take before him in real life hockey.

1. Crosby
    2. Toews
    3.Tavares
    4. Malkin
    5. Ovechkin
    6. Giroux
    7. Seguin
    8. Bergeron
    9. Kopitar
    10. McDavid
    10 Team keeper league
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Deity

People at one point thought he was right behind Crosby but I disagree. There's probably 10+ players I'd take before him in real life hockey.

I'm betting Monahan or Bennett aren't one of those 10.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would love him, but not for the price they'd ask.

- - - Updated - - -

They're not, but I wouldn't give up them and much more.
    10 Team keeper league
    H2H

Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov