Thread: Perron for Nichuskin

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Perron for Nichuskin

So, a couple of thoughts here. 1.) I am not so hot on Perron as I'm not sure he gets on the top PP which is where most of the point SHOULD be generated for the Pens. 2.) Malkin is a bandaid and for Perron to produce requires Malkin staying healthy... 3.) Nichuskin will have keeper status for stashing on my farm going into next year and I get to keep him as a keeper while Perron would be a drop or a possible trade piece. 4.) Nichuskin's contract vs Perron.

The salary in this trade might not be horrible given that we go by cap hit and are allowed to negotiate the eating of cap up to a max of 50% for the year which would land me a proven player for approx 800k more in salary which isn't too shabby. However the GM that offered me this trade also has Kunitz who I would be much more inclined to pursue. What are your thoughts? I am not sure Nich really helps me with a cup run this year given his recent history and at this point I'd never gamble on him as one of my 4 forward keepers going forward which is why I'd be inclined to get rid of him if I can get a producing asset right now.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Perron for Nichuskin

I don't know. I'm not big on Nichushkin and I kinda like Perron. I'd keep Perron

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I don't know. I'm not big on Nichushkin and I kinda like Perron. I'd keep Perron
    He doesn't have Perron, he has Nichushkin and is being offered Perron for his Nichushkin.

For me, this is about short term pain for long term gain. I'd keep Nichushkin, and I have never been one to drink his kool-aid. That being said, I do think he has more upside than Perron.

If this was a one year league, then I'd do it. Seeing as it's a keeper, I'd hang tight with Nichushkin.

Just out of curiosity, have you been shopping Nichushkin or is this just someone trying to buy low on him by reaching out to you on his own?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Yep, reach out.

Dobber Sports Deity

If you are even considering trading Nichushkin, put him on the block and see what else you can get for him. Surely there are GMs out there willing to part with more than David Perron for the chance at Nichushkins upside. You are doing your team a disservice if you don't.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

I'm confident you can get more than Perron if you put Nichu on the block. His perceived value has taken a hit but I'm sure you can get more if you really intend on moving him. Odds are he won't be a keeper for you but I would still be patient with him for a few more weeks if you can.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm frankly not as high on Nichushkin as many, but I'd still hold him over Perron or look for a better offer.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Sage

Perron doesnt fit with Pittsburgh, he has been given every opportunity and he fails to produce. I wont be surprised if he is traded away by the Pens, who need help on the blueline. Dupuis' return could take Perron out of the PP.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If you are even considering trading Nichushkin, put him on the block and see what else you can get for him. Surely there are GMs out there willing to part with more than David Perron for the chance at Nichushkins upside. You are doing your team a disservice if you don't.
    I agree with this, do not just take the first offer received, unless it truly blows your socks off!

Dobber Sports Ace

i prefer nichushkin then perron and i agree with axeman
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Nichuskin's upside hasn't changed for me and he's worth sitting on, especially with a farm system in a very limited keeper.

You're right that he won't help you this year. Even if he doesn't become one of your keep-4, eventually he's going to become a great mid-season trade chip. Using him now to get someone like Perron is just not gonna help you all that much this year imo. I might feel differently if Perron was a RW though.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Giant

Perron was horrible yesterday and he was removed from the top-6. With Dupuis back, I can't see him making his way back there unless a major injury bug hits the Pens.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay