Thread: Blockbiusta Offer! REP + WHIR

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Blockbiusta Offer! REP + WHIR

4th Year 18 Team dynasty league(keep 23 per year). We start 2C/4W/4D/2UTIL/2Goalies daily. Minimum of 3 goalie starteds required each week or you forfeit all categories.

Skater Cats: Goals, Assists, Points, PP Points, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PIM

Goalie Cats: Wins, Saves, GAA, SV%

My Team

Forwards: P.Kane, Stamkos, Benn, Hall, F.Forsberg, Kucherov, Eberle, Drouin, Pirri, Kadri, S.Bennett, V.Rask, Spooner

Defense: Giordano, Barrie, Josi, D.Hamilton, Rielly, Larsson, Parayko

Goalies: Crawford, Lehner(IR), Vasilevskei(IR)

Prospects: Hellebuyck, J.Gillies, N.Ritchie, M.Marner

The Trade

Josi + Forsberg + Lehner

for

Varlamov + Toews

Should I pull the trigger? Was thinking of countering with Kucherov instead of Forsberg since I like Forsberg better. He's mainly interested in Josi.

Will REP and help in return.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Blockbiusta Offer! REP + WHIR

I like it. Without Varly you are like getting a big 0 in quite a few weeks for goalie stats. Lehner has questionable value even when healthy. You have a good enough team to win this, so you definitely need to address that. As for Kucherov vs. Forsberg, it's pretty close. I could go either way, but since you like Forsberg, might as well try to keep him.
    Keeper (No minimum, max 5) 9 Teams 2013-2014, 2014-2015 League Champion

Keepers in Bold

G/A/+/-/PIM/PPP/SOG W/GAA/Sv%/SHO
    4LW-4C-4RW-6D-2Util-2G

C-
    LW-
    RW-
    D- Karlsson
    G-

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This is a great deal for you IMO, though I'd keep Kucherov over Forsberg, personally. In any case, you'll be getting a stronger option in net and the most valuable player in the trade. Josi may be missed but Giordano, Barrie and Hamilton are great blue-liners and all have offensive upsides. Take the deal, my friend!
    FANTASY LEAGUE: "Hockey Night on Hoth" (est. 2012)
    TEAM NAME: "The Barrelriders"

FORMAT: H2H Keeper League (Keep 4 - no more than two per position)
    TEAM FORMAT: 12 Teams, 17 Players per Team (3C, 4W, 3D, 2G, 5Util)
    STAT CATS: G, A, P, PPP, FW, Shots, Hits, Blocks | Wins, SVS, GAA, SV%

MY TEAM:

C | N. Mackinnon,
    W | J. Benn, J. Pavelski
    D |
    G | A. Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Expert

Who else does the other guy have ? Without FOW Toews value is lower, but the name gives him extra value. I think you can do better here. Giroux and Backes should be the top 2 centers in your format, does he have them ?

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the advice guys!

I know Forsberg/Kucherov is considered a bit of a toss-up, I just have a bit of a man crush on Forsberg and i really feel like he carried his team's offense more than Kucherov. Both are fantastic offensive players though. Toews will definitely help me get over losing either of them though. Josi would definitely be a tough loss, but my hope is that I can maybe use Toews' big name value and flip him for a slightly less forward and a decent offensive dman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    Who else does the other guy have ? Without FOW Toews value is lower, but the name gives him extra value. I think you can do better here. Giroux and Backes should be the top 2 centers in your format, does he have them ?
    He has a weak team, he's kind of rebuilding. His other best assets are Johansen/Trouba and then he mainly has lesser guys or older vets who aren't stars. Sadly, he's not moving Johansen, says he'd need a "ridiculous" offer to move him.

Dobber Sports Genius

I like it. Lehner is going to be out for a while and I like how talented Varlamov is