Thread: Heavy Multi-Cat League - Year 4 Draft Result

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Smile Heavy Multi-Cat League - Year 4 Draft Result

The league settings and team I drafted is in my signature. Not sure I can win this year but hoping to improve on my 5th position last year (top 3?) and maybe try for the title the following year. My strategy was to get consistent, multi-cat guys first (Wheeler, Landeskog, etc.) then bulk up on some young talent with high upsides (Scheifele, Klingberg, Savard, etc.) for the future. I like my team, though I feel there is a bit of risk in some of my later picks but also lots of potential. Also very happy with my goaltending.

What do you think? Any input would be great, thanks!
    FANTASY LEAGUE: "Hockey Night on Hoth" (est. 2012)
    TEAM NAME: "The Barrelriders"

FORMAT: H2H Keeper League (Keep 4 - no more than two per position)
    TEAM FORMAT: 12 Teams, 17 Players per Team (3C, 4W, 3D, 2G, 5Util)
    STAT CATS: G, A, P, PPP, FW, Shots, Hits, Blocks | Wins, SVS, GAA, SV%

MY TEAM:

C | N. Mackinnon,
    W | J. Benn, J. Pavelski
    D |
    G | A. Vasilevskiy

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Heavy Multi-Cat League - Year 4 Draft Result

Your goalies should be fine, but with Bishop they're concern that he finished poorly and that Dubnyk was a one year wonder. You're not well stacked for Hits either. But you should have a very solid offense.

Scheifele is not a very good own in this league as he's center only and poor at FW. Look to upgrade him with a waiver wire grab.

In a 10 team league, I'd say there's maybe a 25% chance everything falls in place and you're in the running this season, with the odds instead being that you'll be in the 3rd-6th range when the dust settles.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/