Thread: Patience with Leafs Rebuild Already Running Out

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Patience with Leafs Rebuild Already Running Out

The Leafs began their rebuild nicely by moving Clarkson and firing Nonis, but then, aside from Franson and Kessel, not much has happened. So rebuild What rebuild? Do we really have to watch Bozak for another season.........

To continue reading:

http://thehockeywriters.com/leafs-re...g-my-patience/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Patience with Leafs Rebuild Already Running Out

The only person that patience is running out with is the writer of the article.

The Magnificent One

yeah come on really?? you cannot blow up a team overnight and epect to get fair value on the return.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Star

I didn't even bother to read the article.

Dobber Sports Pro

Sadly I did read the article. I am wondering how much research actually went into the article.

He suggests that we play all our young D and part with all our vets, but there is no consideration for the potential for mass failures at the NHL level if they are rushed. Whereas he is content to send Marner back to the minors, he wants Brennan and Frattin on the roster? There is seemingly no thought towards developing a development system and having players enjoy a modicum of success prior to making the jump to the NHL.

Finally, where is the mention of all the 1-year cheap veteran contracts that will undoubtedly be shopped at the trade deadline to garner more draft picks.

It seems to me that someone needed to get "maple leafs", "rebuild" and a few cheap shots at Phaneuf to get a story "published" this week.