Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 4 Sport Dynasty Keeper Pool Starting

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 4 Sport Dynasty Keeper Pool Starting

Hey guys here is the format of the leagues I have come up with. You can use this spreadsheet as a recording device when we do the online draft. I am trying to come up with a date that works for me to get it going and here are the dates I was thinking.

Tuesday August 26 around 9:00 CDT
    Thursday August28 around 9:00 CDT
    TBA if Third session if needed

I know 4 of us are from Winnipeg, maybe two from TO, one guy from North Carolina, Texas, BC and I am not sure on the rest of them. 9:00 Central makes the most sense to me as it would be 7:00 PCT, as the person fro BC works until 6 so he said the earliest he could do it would be at 7:00. Hopefully that wont be too late for anyone. If it is let me know. NFL doesnt start unitl The 4th of September, and realistically thats only one game with the rest of the teams on the 7th. Should give us enough time if people think the draft times are too close.

In terms of the rules I am open to suggestions. I think we have to have the ability to cross sport trades, (ie Kobe for Crosby) but I think we need to make sure we dont change the number of players in one specific sport. Meaning that if you want to swap Kobe/Crosby then you need to add in a hockey/basketball player as well. (ie Kobe and Bouchard for Crosby and Bibby) I think this would be the simplest solution.

In terms of Waiver Wire, I am thinking we allow moves, we just let pickups follow waiver rules as long as your not going above or below your roster limit. Waiver Priority will be specific to the sport (Not the entire League) and pickups/moves are only allowed to be made during the Sport\'s season. (ie If you want to drop Roy Holliday and pick up Eric Gagne you could only do it in baseball season, not during December)

For the draft if we can back to me and let m know if this is too soon, a bad date, etc that would be great. If a team cannot make the draft, they can email me a list and I can use their list for them, or if need be, I could make their selections for them. This is only if we cannot find a agrred upon day and if the GM allows it. If you would rather someone else draft for them thats ok as well.

If you think I have missed anything please let me know. [file name=4_Sport_Roster_Spreadsheet.xls size=20992]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/files/4_Sport_Roster_Spreadsheet.xls[/file]

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The draft day is fine with me and I like the format. It looks like a of fun

Karma for putting this all together I am so looking forward to kicking everyone asses. Now where Magic Johnson playing again...better brush up on my NBA

Dobber Sports Ninja

Celly,

You\'re awesome for putting this all together, thanks a bunch!

A couple thoughts for myself.

3 of the sports are head to head while hockey is points only, how come?

The scoring setup for football looks quite complicated, is it a pretty standard scoring setup for most of the pools you are in?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Another thought is that the hockey and baseball rosters look quite large for a league like this. Smaller rosters are sometimes not as good because the talent level is not as deep but with all of drafting from 4 sports maybe it\'s easier if we cut down on the number of players?

What does everyone else think?

All of this is just for discussion, whatever is decided will work for me. I\'ll be battling to not get last place either way I fear!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh wow, I just realised that this was going to be a keeper league. Shoot.

I know I mentioned that I couldn\'t do it if it was a keeper league because I probably wouldn\'t go in it past the first year and I don\'t want to give someone a super bad team.

Just a head\'s up on that. Figured I better let you know that now.

Dobber Sports Master

Yeah I would like to start off as a one year league.
    Dont know how i\'ll do in the other 3 sports and dont want to leave a bad team for another GM either.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Initiate

Tuesday at 9pm CT is fine with me.....Is that 10pm EST in Ontario?

The Thursday might get me as I have Slo-Pitch play-offs that night......Friday would be better....if I have to I\'ll pre-rank and give it to the Commish.
    10 Team 5 Keeper Roto....Stats are:G,A,+/-,HITS,PPP,SOG,FW and W,SO,GAA,SV%:

C-A.Barkov,V.Trochek,B.Horvat
    RW-A.Svechkinov(LW),T.Bertuzzi(LW),P.Laine(LW)
    LW-B.Marchand,E.Kane(RW),B.Schenn(RW/C)
    F-L.Couture(C)
    D-K.Letang,D.Nurse,M.Seider,N.Pionk
    G-I.Shesterkin.C.Hellebuyck
    BEN-E.Merzlikins(G),K.Kahkonen(G),J.Bratt(LW/RW),T.Toffoli(LW/RW),B.Jenner(LW/C),R.Andersson(D)
    IR-J.Vrana(LW),N.Ehlers(RW/LW)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It is NOT going to be a Keeper this year. It is only a test run to see how it all goes. After a one year trial, I can work out the kinks and then run a better league the next year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

doulos wrote:
    Celly,

You\'re awesome for putting this all together, thanks a bunch!

A couple thoughts for myself.

3 of the sports are head to head while hockey is points only, how come?

The scoring setup for football looks quite complicated, is it a pretty standard scoring setup for most of the pools you are in?
    The reason Hockey is Points only is for selfish reasons...I am in 3 Keeper pools all with this format. I was just hoping it would simplify things for me so I dont have to learn a new format. The other leagues I have been in (ie Baseball, Football) have been Head to Head. Personal Reasons I know

In terms of the roster size, I am game if people want to trim it down....the reason why I had Hockey higher was because we are all hockey experts, and for the rest of the sports I used the Default Settings for the Roster Size and Scoring system. Realistically the Football points system is not very difficult, just seems complicated. In terms of the roster sizes though, I am open for change if the consensus is there.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

jager19 wrote:
    Tuesday at 9pm CT is fine with me.....Is that 10pm EST in Ontario?

The Thursday might get me as I have Slo-Pitch play-offs that night......Friday would be better....if I have to I\'ll pre-rank and give it to the Commish.
    Unfortunately I am away for the Long Weekend with family so I wouldn\'t be able to attend on that Friday...but we have time to get it all done. I think that we should be able to find some times over the next 2 1/2 weeks to get it all done. If the Thursday doesnt work we can try another day.

Super Moderator

Yeah I\'m also going away for the long weekend but before and after that I should be around.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Waiting on two email addresses...if I dont hear from them we can just have 10 teams instead of 12, it will make it a bit quicker. Anyways.

Fedro
    Soupsandwich

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Dobber Sports Master

Anyone down for meeting up for the draft and having some beers.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ninja

I won\'t be in the Toronto area until next summer, sorry