Thread: Zajac to Leafs actually a Great Idea

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Zajac to Leafs actually a Great Idea

Now obviously Zajac has a pretty bad contract, and clearly not for Kadri or JVR, but he's a great player and the Leafs should pursue him for a myriad of reasons.

To keep reading the rest:

http://thehockeywriters.com/zajac-to...y-a-good-idea/

The Great One

Default Re: Zajac to Leafs actually a Great Idea

No. Just no.

Unless NJ is picking up half that contract and throwing in rebuilding assets, it makes no sense.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yes more stupid contracts is exactly what the Leafs need... c'mon man!

Dobber Sports Jedi

There is nothing about this that makes this a good idea. Hasn't anyone picked up that since Shanny & Co. took over there are no more insiders to the Leafs? No one sniffed out the Grabner trade, no one sniffed out Lou coming over & most pundits believed the Leafs were out on Babcock.... The only thing in that article I could potentially see making any sense would be Vrana, but why the hell would NJ trade their best prospect? Trading him isn't going to make them compete next year.

They don't need a 6m 2/3 line C... on the 1st line. they already have a 4.2m 2/3 C on the 1st line who gets ripped to shreds. 6 years... awful, that $$ will be needed for Marner/Nylander in 6yrs. And the only way Kadri or JVR get moved is if NJ sends their 1st pick to Tor. - also would make zero sense.

but back to my original comment... No leaks from Tor. anymore... stupid rumor
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    There is nothing about this that makes this a good idea. Hasn't anyone picked up that since Shanny & Co. took over there are no more insiders to the Leafs? No one sniffed out the Grabner trade, no one sniffed out Lou coming over & most pundits believed the Leafs were out on Babcock.... The only thing in that article I could potentially see making any sense would be Vrana, but why the hell would NJ trade their best prospect? Trading him isn't going to make them compete next year.

They don't need a 6m 2/3 line C... on the 1st line. they already have a 4.2m 2/3 C on the 1st line who gets ripped to shreds. 6 years... awful, that $$ will be needed for Marner/Nylander in 6yrs. And the only way Kadri or JVR get moved is if NJ sends their 1st pick to Tor. - also would make zero sense.

but back to my original comment... No leaks from Tor. anymore... stupid rumor
    Well said