Thread: Trading Huberdeau

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trading Huberdeau

Hey Guys,

A gm in my league is after Huberdeau. His stipulation is that it would have to be a staright across trade and he is of the opinion that i need help with my defence, which i don't disagree with. For the league in my sig, is a trade staright up of Huberdeau for the defenceman he said he has available a no brainer? His D are:

Buff (5.2m), Kronwall(4.750), Letang(7.25m), AP(6.5), and Weber(7.86m)

Huberdeau in this league set up is able to be set on the farm roster this year still. I have to have my rookies either placed on my main/farm roster by Oct. 1st, worst case scenario is I keep him up and drop Jagr to make the space necessary once/if he signs, or if i make the trade and get back Buff or Kronwall Jagr will have to go regardless, the other dman he has would leave me demoting some of my other rookies to the farm for this year, Pasta, Ehlers, Couturier ect to fit the new players cap.

What is evryones feelings on Hubewrdeau, this year or the next few for probable production expectations and is it significant enough to not consider one of his d that he is offering?

Letang worries me with his injury track record at that cap hit, Kronwall i don't see maintaining previous years production, AP is steady but higher price, Weber is too expensive to fit in i feel. Buff is really the only guy i see fitting, but could hit a payday next year and i am back in cap troubles again.

Who from my roster should i be dressing/sending to the farm, dropping etc, to be somewhat competitve this year?

Thanks in advance!

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Trading Huberdeau

If you have a chance at winning this year... I wouldn't think twice about trading away Huberdeau for Weber, Letang or Buff as long as you can afford their salary reasonably well and have some available cap space to make more moves to make improve your odds of winning.

Dobber Sports Master

Salary to point production might favor Huberdeau next year if he ends up with 60+ points and I think he will. The other guy says you need help on defence, I read that as he has too many defence and wants to cash some in to make his team better. You are the best judge of what is best for your team. I wouldn't assume that he has your best interest in mind here.

I'm too lazy to do the math, but my gut feeling is a 60+ point Huberdeau is a better own than those other three defenceman.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This really depends. However, he seems to have a lot of salary tied in his D and trying to off load for a Fwd which has good potential and should still come at a good price for a few years.
    I would wait and draft yound D that are at lower prices ..Vatenen comes to mind for this year (although needs to sign next summer as a RFA)...or J. Faulk, Klingsberg both at 4M each if available in your league.

best of luck.
    12 Managers - Cap League (total salary adjusted yearly) - points only.
    12 F, 6D, 2G, 2 Spares
    5 Round yearly draft, ONE free agent pick up per year.

Team:
    G - Shesterkin, Gustavsson
    D - Montour, Addison, Barrie, Gustafson, Aho, Fowler.
    F - Draisalt, Kaprisov, Stamkos, Nylander, Marchand, Terry, Verhague, Necas, Mittlestad, Dach, Rossi, Bordeleau Spares: Zibanejad, Chytil.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre6666 View Post
    This really depends. However, he seems to have a lot of salary tied in his D and trying to off load for a Fwd which has good potential and should still come at a good price for a few years.
    I would wait and draft yound D that are at lower prices ..Vatenen comes to mind for this year (although needs to sign next summer as a RFA)...or J. Faulk, Klingsberg both at 4M each if available in your league.

best of luck.
    Yep, that woyld be ideal were they not all taken! I think i will just stand pat and re-tool through our entry drafts and free agency or if a better offer for my team comes along.

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th