Thread: "Bombshell ESPN Report: The Patriots Were Huge Cheaters And Roger Goodell Covered It Up"

Dobber Sports Pro

Default "Bombshell ESPN Report: The Patriots Were Huge Cheaters And Roger Goodell Covered It Up"

Don't shoot the messenger... It is also not quite a "bombshell" as they exaggerate it to be. I just like reading how the NFL mishandles almost every situation haha

http://deadspin.com/bombshell-espn-r...ers-1729286402
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: "Bombshell ESPN Report: The Patriots Were Huge Cheaters And Roger Goodell Covered It Up"

I don't think it really matters much anymore. If there's one things I have learned in my many years on this earth watching sports: true Patriot fans are like true Leafs fans; oblivious to the truth that surrounds them and cannot see what others see (those who actually aren't biased one way or the other) and no amount of sensible reasoning will change their mind that their team is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: "Bombshell ESPN Report: The Patriots Were Huge Cheaters And Roger Goodell Covered It Up"

I couldn’t care less about this actually. The only thing that annoys me is when a league suspends someone and doesn’t stand their ground. Suspend someone and hold to it. In this case, if they had the evidence to suspend him, they should have, if they didn’t, then they shouldn’t have. It’s that simple to me.

The second it was appealed, I knew poster boy brady would go free.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

What a surprise, the Patriots cheat.

Dobber Sports Sage

So ESPN "breaks" a story about New England just days after the NFL is made to look foolish in the Brady suspension decision. I am so tired of all this stuff. Hope everyone sees this for exactly what it is.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I don't think it really matters much anymore. If there's one things I have learned in my many years on this earth watching sports: true Patriot fans are like true Leafs fans; oblivious to the truth that surrounds them and cannot see what others see (those who actually aren't biased one way or the other) and no amount of sensible reasoning will change their mind that their team is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    i usually enjoy reading your posts but not a fan of this one. what do leaf fans have anything to do with this? and is it really fair to classify "true leaf fans" as the ones that are homers? why not compare the patriots to "true oiler fans" that think they won the cup already after getting yet another 1st overall?

you can make the same arguement for any team as they all have oblivious fans, i don't see any reason why you decided to single out the leafs here as an example besides it being a cheap excuse to take a jab at them?

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i usually enjoy reading your posts but not a fan of this one. what do leaf fans have anything to do with this? and is it really fair to classify "true leaf fans" as the ones that are homers? why not compare the patriots to "true oiler fans" that think they won the cup already after getting yet another 1st overall?

you can make the same arguement for any team as they all have oblivious fans, i don't see any reason why you decided to single out the leafs here as an example besides it being a cheap excuse to take a jab at them?
    Because Leaf fans do it worse than any other market in any other sport.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Because Leaf fans do it worse than any other market in any other sport.
    I don’t consider a person a true fan that is oblivious to a team’s situation. True team fans know what’s really happening with the team. Fans are ones that follow just theirs, and bandwagon fans are obvious.

I don’t think you used the right terms. True fans of any team know exactly what their team is. I am a Leaf fan, and I’ve known their situation for many years. However, I am a fan and know the sport is a sport where anything can happen. There’s always a surprise team that does well (Colorado, Flames) and takes that yr by surprise. As a fan, you hold out hope that your team is that team this yr.

I know that this yr will be a very tough yr for me as a Leaf fan, but you and I don’t have a crystal ball. Every fan should be optimistic about their team doing well. If you aren’t optimistic on your team’s future/season, you must have a very sad life because you clearly think “glass half empty” in every situation.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I don’t consider a person a true fan that is oblivious to a team’s situation. True team fans know what’s really happening with the team. Fans are ones that follow just theirs, and bandwagon fans are obvious.

I don’t think you used the right terms. True fans of any team know exactly what their team is. I am a Leaf fan, and I’ve known their situation for many years. However, I am a fan and know the sport is a sport where anything can happen. There’s always a surprise team that does well (Colorado, Flames) and takes that yr by surprise. As a fan, you hold out hope that your team is that team this yr.

I know that this yr will be a very tough yr for me as a Leaf fan, but you and I don’t have a crystal ball. Every fan should be optimistic about their team doing well. If you aren’t optimistic on your team’s future/season, you must have a very sad life because you clearly think “glass half empty” in every situation.
    Given 25+ years of any high profile free agent followed immediately by "He should come to Toronto, why wouldn't he want to be here", I'm going to stick with my original assessment. Thanks though.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

I didnt expect any true Leafs fan to enjoy this one but it's the way I see it.

I've told many of my Leafs friends (and believe me, I have plenty of them) in real life this line for a few years now.

"You want to know the difference between a Leafs fan and an Oilers fan? Both teams stink and have for years. Oilers fans know their team stinks and have no issues saying it. Leafs fans can't do the same."

Leafs fans, like Patriots fans, won't admit the truth even though everyone else knows it.

My favorite team stinks and has for years now. I have no issues saying it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."