Thread: Survivor Picks week 1??

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Survivor Picks week 1??

who's everyone thinking for week 1
    12 Team Deep League Roto Auction- Categories - Goals , Assists, Special Points, Plus Minus, Shots , Hits/Blocks , GAA , SVPTG , Wins, Goalie Minutes Played

F- Mcdavid , Fiala , Toffoli , Marchessault , J. Norris , Batherson , Zegras , Puljarvi , Boeser ,
    D- Josi , Seth Jones , Werenski , Shattenkirk
    G- Campbell , Sorokin
    B- Dahlen , Eklund , Hoffman, , Lankinen, Swayman
    IR- Francouz

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Survivor Picks week 1??

Panthers if it's a league where you can't take the same team twice. But my strategy is to never take the strong teams at the beginning. That way, if you make it a few weeks in, you have an advantage over teams who took only strong teams.

Of the strong teams, I like the Pats the best. They are going to be a strong F.U. team this season because of the whole Brady deflategate thing. They are going to run up a lot of scores.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would be comfortable in taking any of the teams below.

-Pats
    -Panthers
    -Dolphins
    -Cowboys
    -Jets
    -Seattle

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I would be comfortable in taking any of the teams below.

-Pats...risky with a mediocre D and what will be a shootout with PIT
    -Panthers...good pick to start the season
    -Dolphins...should be an easy win, I think I would save the WAS opponent for a riskier week
    -Cowboys...good bet here, but divisional matchups can be tough but they are at home
    -Jets...should be an easy win over CLE
    -Seattle...should be an easy bet for the win but a strong SEA, you can likely wait a few weeks to play them...Also divisional game on the road, and STL has a strong D, this may not be as safe as you think
    Added some comments to the options above. Here are some other teams I like:

Bucs...Titans are a mess and have probably one of the worst Ds in the league...TB at home
    Cincy...don't like taking EST timezone teams all the way out on the west coast but this game is early enough in the season and the Bengals are good enough to overcome that
    Vikings...49ers don't have the defense they used to and Vikings are highly underrated