Thread: Thoughts on trade offer

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Thoughts on trade offer

I have been offered Martin Jones and Nicolas Delauriers for my Leon Draisaitl and Josh Ho-Sang. He also has Dubnyk who I was trying to get but he won't give him up. My two starting goalies are Bishop and Hutchnison. I also have Stalock so getting if I get Jones, I will at least have the starting goalie for San Jose, which ever one of them wins the starting job. Draisaitl will have a hard time fitting in I think, unless he plays wing and probably the same for Ho-Sang. Been very high on Ho-Sang for awhile but his "attitude" doesn't say much for his future. It will probably take two to three years for Draisaitl and Ho-Sang to make any kind of impact. I am very strong already on my wings with Silfverberg waiting in the wings. Sooooo I'm thinking of accepting this offer. My salary would go up 1.8925 mil. bringing my team cap hit to 68.7175. Our league cap is 70 mil. There are a couple of players on my team that I can drop for lower salary guys later on during the year. Mmmmmmmmmm the more I think about this offer the more I think I will accept it. Any thoughts?
    16 Team Head to Head weekly cap league, use salary
    Full keeper-25 players, 27 max
    6 minor league players

G,A,+/-,Pim,SOG,PPG,PPA,SHP,Hit,FOW. 2C,2RW,2LW,4D,1SKT,2G

R. Kesler, JG Pageau, R. Fabbri, B, Saad, J. Abdelkader, N. Kucherov, R. Gudas, J. McCabe, D Nurse, C. Parayko, N. Kadri, V. Filppula, M. Granlund, M.koivu, C. Brown, C. Garland, T.Daley, H. Fleury.
    Minor's - I Barbashev, D. Hunt, T. Pulkkinen, J. Vesey, K. Kasperi, S. Morin
    Goalies - S. Bobrovsky, M. Jones, A forsberg

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Thoughts on trade offer

Well, I accepted it. I made two trades this past week. I gave up Brouwer, Ho-Sang and Draisaitl for Nash, Jones and Delauriers. So I think I've really improved my team this year. I just have to work some magic throughout the year to get my salary down now.
    6 minor league players

R. Kesler, JG Pageau, R. Fabbri, B, Saad, J. Abdelkader, N. Kucherov, R. Gudas, J. McCabe, D Nurse, C. Parayko, N. Kadri, V. Filppula, M. Granlund, M.koivu, C. Brown, C. Garland, T.Daley, H. Fleury.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wouldn't have made the deal. Jones must steal the starting job for you to break even in this deal, otherwise you lose it big time. Hope it works out for you.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Looks like you're a contender so that's a pretty good deal for you.

I'm pretty high on both Ho-Sang and Draisaitl, but one is a huge question mark and is three years away, and the other is ready now but has several players ahead of him on the depth chart.

If Jones wins the job by the half way mark or sayyyy.. by the trade deadline, you win this deal handily for the next 2-3 years. If Jones loses the crease, well then you win this deal for just this year because of Nash. Worth it for a shot at the title! If you feel like you're gonna lose out during the last few months, try and flip Nash to a contender to recover a prospect or two.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Novice

My thoughts exactly about Nash. We start two goalies and now that I have both Jones and Stalock, one of them hopefully takes the job and runs with it.
    6 minor league players

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nikerato View Post
    Looks like you're a contender so that's a pretty good deal for you.

I'm pretty high on both Ho-Sang and Draisaitl, but one is a huge question mark and is three years away, and the other is ready now but has several players ahead of him on the depth chart.

If Jones wins the job by the half way mark or sayyyy.. by the trade deadline, you win this deal handily for the next 2-3 years. If Jones loses the crease, well then you win this deal for just this year because of Nash. Worth it for a shot at the title! If you feel like you're gonna lose out during the last few months, try and flip Nash to a contender to recover a prospect or two.
    From what I understood, the Brouwer for Nash was a separate trade, and that one I absolutely love. It's this other one (Draisaitl and Ho-Sang for Jones and Deslauriers) which is not as good.

If I was giving up a top prospect and another good prospect, I would want a more proven goalie than Martin Jones. He could be the next Ben Scrivens.