Thread: 12 Team Draft...Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default 12 Team Draft...Thoughts?

Just drafted in a 12 team, 3 keeper standard scoring league last night. QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, R/W/T, K, DEF. Had pick #11 in the draft (snake style). I'm not overly excited about my team, I picked a lot of players early that I thought were going to breakout/be the focal point of their team's offense.

How would you say I fared with this team? Feel free to hold nothing back. I will admit that I reached for a couple players (Ivory in round 3 for example) and reasoning is basically linked to the fact that I had 21 picks until my next one so I had to look a little ahead and pick guys that I wanted but were going to be gone by my next pick.

1 (#11) - Julio Jones, WR, ATL
    2 (#14) - CJ Anderson, RB, DEN
    3 (#35) - Chris Ivory, RB, NYJ
    4 (#38) - TJ Yeldon, RB, JAX
    5 (#59) - Travis Kelce, TE, KC
    6 (#62) - Jarvis Landry, WR, MIA
    7 (#83) -John Brown, WR, ARI
    8 (#86) - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, MIN
    9 (#107) - Brian Quick, WR, STL
    10 (#110) - Eddie Royal, WR, CHI
    11 (#131) - Roy Helu Jr., RB, OAK
    12 (#134) - Breshad Perriman, WR, BAL
    13 (#155) - Dan Carpenter, K, BUF
    14 (#158) - Kansas City Chiefs, DEF
    15 (#179) - Cameron Artis-Payne, RB, CAR

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: 12 Team Draft...Thoughts?

I would've targeted someone other than Roy Helu at 11, but I absolutely love having Julio/Landry/JBrown as your 3 starting WRs (depending on injuries, Royal might slot in there for me wk1 so I like that pick as well. Kelce I'm a fan of, I like Bridgewater as a late round QB, and having Quick in there as WR depth is also nice.

Based on your RBs though, I'd have you as a middling team. Would've handcuffed CJ, but I do like grabbing Artis-Payne considering Stewart's injury history.
    12-man salary cap roto keeper league, 25 roster spots & 8 farm (12 F, 6D, 2G active - max 82GP/spot) - 83M cap, real AAV - G/A/P/PPP/SOGs/Hits/PIM W/GAA/SO
    F: Giroux, Little, Steen, Downie, Perron, Hudler, Bouma, Rinaldo, BSchenn, MKarlsson, Nelson, Spooner, Pastrnak, Bjorkstrand, Panarin
    D: Markov, Sekera, Klingberg, Boychuk, Brodie, Karlsson, Reilly
    G: Miller, Howard, Mrazek
    Farm: Petan, Hellebuyck, Goldobin, Werenski, Beauvillier, DeBrusk, Rychel, Kyle Connor

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by adalyfrey View Post
    I would've targeted someone other than Roy Helu at 11, but I absolutely love having Julio/Landry/JBrown as your 3 starting WRs (depending on injuries, Royal might slot in there for me wk1 so I like that pick as well. Kelce I'm a fan of, I like Bridgewater as a late round QB, and having Quick in there as WR depth is also nice.

Based on your RBs though, I'd have you as a middling team. Would've handcuffed CJ, but I do like grabbing Artis-Payne considering Stewart's injury history.
    Thanks! I agree, on your RB assessment. CAP was grabbed for that exact reason. I really should grab Hillman, but I'm taking a risk at waiver #2 and waiting a week or so. Helu I'm not crazy about but figure A) Oakland figures to be in garbage time a lot & B) I'm not convinced Murray is as good as they say he is..1/4 of his yards came in one game (and those mostly off one run). Yeldon & Ivory I think are medium risks with potential high rewards

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If Hillman is out there, you should grab him. Protecting your investment on CJA makes more sense to me than carrying the back-ups and what look like two horrible teams. I like the chances that two of Landry, Brown, Perriman, and Royal will be productive each week after Julio, and with any luck both Landry and Brown will live up to the hype. Solid draft.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Swels Stewart View Post
    If Hillman is out there, you should grab him. Protecting your investment on CJA makes more sense to me than carrying the back-ups and what look like two horrible teams. I like the chances that two of Landry, Brown, Perriman, and Royal will be productive each week after Julio, and with any luck both Landry and Brown will live up to the hype. Solid draft.
    I think I'll be dropping Helu for Hillman...gonna hang onto CAP as its only take a minor breeze to send Stewart to the injured reserve