Thread: Borowiecki or Bouma

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Borowiecki or Bouma

In a very deep 30 team NHL salary cap/AAV dynasty league that counts G, A, +/-, Hits, Blocked Shots, Takeaways, PP TOI/game, PK TOI/game, which would you prefer? We dress 4 forward lines (positions matter), 6 dmen and 1 goalie each week.

Lance Bouma at $2.2M for the next 3 years OR
    Mark Borowiecki at $1.1M for the next 3 years

My Team:
    C: Couture, Nielsen, Granlund, Glendening (LW/RW)
    LW: Dubinsky (C), Vanek (RW), Bouma, Ferland
    RW: Carter (C), Burns (D), Jaskin (LW), Bellemare (C,LW)
    D: Kronwall, Byfuglien (LW/RW) Brodin, Lindholm, Braun, Folin
    G: Rask

Team currently sits about $1M over the salary cap depending on Ferland's new contract. Any player under the age of 25 can be sent to the farm team with no penalty or cap hit.

Farm (with NHL likelihood for the upcoming season):
    D: Alex Petrovic

*All of the NHL's UFAs are available to grab over the next month or so*

I...am your father.

Default Re: Borowiecki or Bouma

I don't believe in Bouma, especially after getting Frolik

Boro at 1.1 is safer, cheaper deal. And look at this hits: http://dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_p...15%3AR&sent=go
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'd like Boro a lot better with PIM as the list of 2 PIM/gm defenders is very short. But his hits and blocks will be a nice addition to your defense at such a cheap price.... Go with him.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Wizard

I like Boro too but he's by no means guaranteed a roster spot. I think he'll sit quite a few games and dress as 7th d.

Methot - Karlsson
    Wiercioch - Ceci
    Cowen - Wideman
    Boro

I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I like Boro too but he's by no means guaranteed a roster spot. I think he'll sit quite a few games and dress as 7th d.

Methot - Karlsson
    Wiercioch - Ceci
    Cowen - Wideman
    Boro

When healthy last year, Boro played pretty much every game. Couple scratches early in the year, but other than that his only time missed was from injury. I imagine the 6th defense spot is his.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    When healthy last year, Boro played pretty much every game. Couple scratches early in the year, but other than that his only time missed was from injury. I imagine the 6th defense spot is his.
    Unless I'm misremembering, he was scratched 19 games and only 4 or 5 of those were because of injury. And those scratches were later in the season too. He could be a regular but he's a bubble NHLer so if someone like Wideman really impresses, he's out.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Unless I'm misremembering, he was scratched 19 games and only 4 or 5 of those were because of injury. And those scratches were later in the season too. He could be a regular but he's a bubble NHLer so if someone like Wideman really impresses, he's out.
    He missed 12 games from a laceration on his leg he got playing soccer before a game. He also had a couple other minor injuries that caused him to miss another 5 games. Looks like he had two healthy scratches in February....so I had the time of the scratches wrong in my original post....I have him on my team and was trying to go by memory when and why he missed time.

So 17 games missed due to injuries, 2 from scratches. When he's healthy, he's the #6. But the life of a #6 defender is always one bad miscue away from being a #7.

Banned

I agree with Vince. At least for the start of the year it's basically down to Cowen and Borowiecki for the last spot as I think Wideman will get a long look as the 3rd pairing RD. Not to mention Mikael Wikstrand who I think is very close to playing in the NHL himself. Murray has said many times he wants Cowen playing games and they know what they have from Boro already, so he could see some time in the press box at least to start the year until one of the other guys is shipped out/waived/etc. I think Boro is a legit NHL mainstay but due to the logjam right now he could be watching from above or playing here and there depending on the matchup (e.g. playing Detroit you won't need him etc.)

Administrator

I think Boro is very valuable in this league considering how much just about every dman is getting paid these days. Bouma has the potential to become a very expensive cap league player in a hurry.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust