Thread: Fantrax versus CBS - Auction Salary Cap League

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Fantrax versus CBS - Auction Salary Cap League

We have been using CBS for 10 years now, but its functionality is not meeting our demands of our unique league structure. I have been hearing good things about the guys over at Fantrax, what is your experience with the site? the say they would work with you to get your league settings right. how flexible are they??

Our big concern is with the schedule on fantrax and how customizable it is? we have a 39 game head to head regular season with a 13 game playoff.

also with the salary cap we use auction values as the players contract, how customizable is the contracts in fantrax.

thanks for any input
    12 Team Capped (Auction Style) H2H League
    G, A, +/-, W, SO, OTL
    20 player min, 23 Max. $60M Cap
    Start 12 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Kuznetsov , toffoli, staal, Turris
    W: Schwartz, Grandlund, Palat, Spooner, Rakell,
    D: Carlson, Hedman, Gostisbehere, Lindell, Maatta, Pieterangelo
    G: Lundqvist , Quick, Elliot
    Farm: Petan, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, AHO,
    4 Time HOLE Fantasy Hockey League Champion: 2011, 2013, 2015, & 2017

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Fantrax versus CBS - Auction Salary Cap League

Our league uses a similar system than yours. We were on CBS for years, then switched to Fantrax last year and never looked back. The interface is not perfect, far from it - in fact, I hope they're going to modernize all of this sooner than later, but as far as options goes, there are literally TONS of options that Fantrax offers that CBS do not.

Not sure about the schedule, though. I believe you have the choice of weekly, semi-weekly or daily periods. I think playoffs are customizable.

I think they offer a free trial, too. Go ahead and have a look!

Highly recommend it, if you can get over the 2004-style interface.
    H2H - 16 teams - Auction (225 $ cap), cap up to 300$ after auction on any drafted player.
    Keep 3, +7$ each year. Keep 5 farm (cost 1$ to dress).[/I]

Points (1), Defense goals (2), Powerplay Points (0.5), GWG (0.5), ShG (0.5)

10 F 4 D 1 G 5 bench 10 farm

F: Kucherov (41$), Pettersson (15$), Marner (29$), Wheller (55$), Landeskog (18$), Horvat (15$), Meier (16$), Fiala (1$), Beauvillier (1$), Getzlaf (1$)
    D: Barrie (17$), Fox (1$), Girard (1$), Trouba (2$)
    G: Markstrom (6$)

Bench: Athanasiou, Granlund, Gostisbehere, Matheson, Garland

Farm: Boldy, Gurianov, Puljujarvi, Dach, Glass, Kaprizov, Patrick, Sanheim, Tomasino, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Great experience. I have set up a league that I have not paid for yet. I sent an email request to the league and had a reply within 45 minutes. I think that is huge!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

We were able to set up our league on the site its looks like it will handle our league structure very easily. How many out there also use the app and is there an additional cost to have PC based and app base platforms. on the app it says that the premium league cost is 119 vs the 79.99 on the website.

any thoughts
    G, A, +/-, W, SO, OTL
    Start 12 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The app is pretty trash. I wouldn't use it for anything other than just checking up on your roster or scores honestly. I'm hoping they change up the app soon. Fantrax took forever to even release this app though and they're generally slow to add features so I wouldn't expect it soon.

Premium is only 80, not sure where the 119 came from. You already picked, but Fantrax is my favorite fantasy site over all others. Yahoo has the best UI by far out of all the fantasy sites, but in every other way Fantrax is the best I think. I can deal with a very ordinary looking interface if everything else is great (aside from the app I guess).

Dobber Sports Monster

Very flexible for everything you need here. Fantrax is the way to go. Don't even think twice about it.

You can have your schedule set how you want. For example, in CBS you can set daily lineups but they consider daily lineups to be set before the first game of the day - this really only matters on weekends when there are afternoon games, since most games are at night, but still, In fantrax you can set your lineup daily up until 1 minute before each players game. This way if you hear of an injury mid-day and want to edit your lineup you would stil have time. In CBS you would be potentially screwed if a game has already stated, lineups are locked for all players.

Also in fantrax you can email support help and they can set your " short weeks" such as ALL-Star week and such to become a two week matchup. Can't do that in CBS.

Also if you want your playoffs to be two week matchups in fantrax you can do that. I do not believe this is an option in CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Oximeters View Post
    We have been using CBS for 10 years now, but its functionality is not meeting our demands of our unique league structure. I have been hearing good things about the guys over at Fantrax, what is your experience with the site? the say they would work with you to get your league settings right. how flexible are they??

Our big concern is with the schedule on fantrax and how customizable it is? we have a 39 game head to head regular season with a 13 game playoff.

also with the salary cap we use auction values as the players contract, how customizable is the contracts in fantrax.

thanks for any input

Dobber Sports Sophomore

thanks for input guys,
    we have put it to a vote to our league members are we are going to make the switch.
    we were able to customize our periods to match our schedule setup and also add in custom contracts. minor league and cap hits.

thanks Dobber Nation
    G, A, +/-, W, SO, OTL
    Start 12 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G