Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/16 Rocky Horror Roto Show

The Wolverine

Default Re: 2015/16 Rocky Horror Roto Show

Thanks for posting the results!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by temek View Post
    Might as well post the draft results since they weren't up here yet. I will post my draft recap later and I guess probably some rough standings projections as well. I was actually thinking about some kind of feature like giving my opinion on the 3 best and worst picks each round for example. I think that could be useful for anyone looking for a little bit extra opinion on who to draft in 1-year leagues with similar settings. Probably after the Dobber Experts draft is over later today as I don't want to give up all my best picks before that draft.
    Thanks for posting the draft results.
    I didn't know the Experts draft was going today (Sunday) - I didn't even see a generic thread for that league yet - if possible, can you set one up and post that draft when finished.
    Others on the schedule:
    Tier III Norris Division (13-teams) drafts Monday night, Sept 21
    Tier III Smythe Division (13-teams) drafts Tuesday night, Sept 22
    Tier II Campbell Conference (13-teams) drafts Wednesday night, Sept 23

It will be interesting to compare all four leagues.
    And probably fair - across the board - to not reveal any "best picks" until after the Campbell draft.

By far my favorite fantasy hockey league! I always struggle to decide on when to take goalies, almost decided to go for the extreme back up route.
    Here was my rough thinking as we went.

1. (10) Erik Karlsson (Ott - D) - Thought about taking Malkin here, like Karlsson alot especially with points as a category.
    2. (15) Braden Holtby (Was - G) - I decided that if Price/Lundqvist/Rinne/Holtby were GONE I would wait until round 7-8+ for a goalie, luckily Holtby was here.
    3. (34) Jonathan Toews (Chi - C) - Probably not at the top of anyones queue, it was him or Kopitar, I had +/- issues last year, Toews helps me there!
    4. (39) Rick Nash (NYR - LW,RW) - Hoping for some extra PPP and similar production this year, NYR is a powerhouse team.
    5. (58) Semyon Varlamov (Col - G) - Most teams had 2 goalies I think and figured I'd take my second, feeling middle of the pack with Holtby/Varly (works for me).
    6. (63) Andrew Ladd (Wpg - LW) - Dubi/Landy/Simmonds type guys were going so I grabbed my guy, Ladd!
    7. (82) Duncan Keith (Chi - D) - This was the first pick that was tough for me to make! I wanted Kesler SO bad here.
    8. (87) Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Edm - C) - Toews was my only C at this point, really thought Kesler was mine the round before, go OIL!
    9. (106) Jiri Hudler (Cgy - LW,RW) - Sort of a 'hope you do it again' type pick
    10. (111) Andrei Markov (Mon - D) - Honestly not sure where he fits in MTL lol but should be good for production.
    11. (130) Alex Galchenyuk (Mon - C,LW) - Lots of talk of him playing C, I don't have any wing eligible FOW guys - yikes, I'll take him!
    12. (135) Johnny Gaudreau (Cgy - LW) - Another 'hope you do it again' pick, I think CGY will surprise again this year!
    13. (154) Troy Brouwer (StL - RW) - Needed some more grit, not sure how the lines in STL will even shake out though.
    14. (159) Ryan Miller (Van - G) - Thought about Hiller here but didn't want to grab Ramo as insurance.
    15. (178) Mike Ribeiro (Nsh - C) - Ribeiro should be solid for points, needed another C as well, didn't see Jordan Staal was still around.
    16. (183) Ryan Callahan (TB - RW) - This is when I noticed Staal was gone, I was low on RW here too.
    17. (202) Tyler Bozak (Tor - C) - Honestly probably way too early and unless he is top line and on a roll he is on the bench.
    18. (207) Anton Stralman (TB - D) - Liked Stralman in the playoffs last year, knew he may get drafted soon.
    19. (226) Brooks Orpik (Was - D) - Not sure how I will slot guys in this year but Orpik knows what he's good at, so do I!
    20. (231) Matt Martin (NYI - LW,RW) - Another guy I like to have who this late in the draft I don't mind grabbing just in case.
    21. (250) Mike Hoffman (Ott - C,LW) - 27G last season, best player available I thought.
    22. (255) Justin Williams (Was - RW) - This was a complete mistake, I wanted Johansson here.
    23. (274) Niklas Hjalmarsson (Chi - D) - Great +/-, Great Team, Decent BLK - Hammer time!
    24. (279) Andrei Vasilevskiy (TB - G) - Arguably one of the best backups in the entire league, should be good for spot-starts or maybe the full time gig
    25. (298) Brandon Pirri (Fla - C,LW,RW) - Honestly saw him in an article about sleeper picks, why not!

Overall, feeling good about my team but I also know how quick things can change.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Here are the projected standings with skater and goalie pts also listed separately. Some teams are not projected to reach 164 GP in goalie games so they might be somewhat underprojected in goalie categories (especially W,SVS) assuming they can gain enough extra goalie games to reach the maximum.

EDIT: I had some errors so you can forget the previous standings. Here's the updated version, should be fine now.

Rank Team Skater pts Goalie pts Total pts
    1 Nazem's Lot 107 40 147
    2 Hanzal and Getzel 83 26 109
    3 Halak Ness Monster 68 32 100
    4 The Boneshifters 66 27 93
    5 Natural Born Quiller 67 24 91
    6 Bjoogeymen 73 17 90
    7 Ogie Ogre-thorpe 52 34 86
    8 Let the Right Muzzin 67 18 85
    9 Barried Alive 54 30 84
    10 Nightmare on Helm St 49 22 71
    11 Big Ladd Wolf 47 22 69
    12 GoalsPerry's Baby 47 20 67
    Last edited by temek; September 24, 2015 at 2:29 PM. Reason: Fixed projections

Dobber Sports Demi-God

7th!
    Goodness me... considering I went 12 rounds of skaters before drafting a goalie, thought my skater points would be higher.
    Hmph.
    Well - challenge accepted!!!

(Thanks for the predictions, I love 'em!)
    (Besides, I'd love to "beat my projected finish" for a 4th straight year!!! )

Dobber Sports Icon

Love reading up on everyone's draft strategies and their reviews of how they did!

For the first time ever, I'm not going with a "House of 1000..." name. Figured I needed some better luck and maybe the curse will stop hanging over me. Thought Barried Alive would be suiting since I'm carrying Tyson Barrie this year.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Master

Well, the real challenge for me then is to beat the "projected" 8th place finish that Temek posted. How do you figure that out? Either way, I am sure to have fun with this league, and hope I can spoil a couple of your fantasy years at least. I can't honestly describe why I chose who I chose given that this was my first attempt at a roto league, and, at times anyways, I felt a little overwhelmed. I tried picking the best player possible, and wanted to balance forwards, goalies and dmen.

PS: did Temek get the projections before or after I made a deal with GoalsPerry's Baby?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Projections are based just on the draft so the trade is not included. I am sure many of you know that I do my own projections for most of the NHL players (about Top100 in each forward position, Top150 D and pretty much every goalie that's expected to start in the NHL). After that it's pretty much assigning players to the respective teams in a spreadsheet and run a macro to get projected standings and that's more or less it. I do have category specific standings breakdown as well, but can't really give that away as that's just too much information given away to competitors.

Also very very surprised by the projections.
    Projected to finish 8th last year, finished tied for 3rd - challenge once again accepted lol

The Wolverine

I'd be happy with a second place finish considering my recent performances. Happier if one better...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Also very very surprised by the projections.
    Projected to finish 8th last year, finished tied for 3rd - challenge once again accepted lol
    Last year's predictions (2014-2015) below:
    Quote Originally Posted by temek View Post

Recchident Evil 117
    Ogie Ogre-thorpe 92
    Briere Witch Project 92
    House of 1000 Corvos 91
    Duchenesaw Massacre 86
    Ichi the Hiller 86
    BranStamkers Backula 84
    Fransonstein 78
    Skinner & Silent Bob 76
    Carey on Screaming! 74
    Nightmare on Helm St 70
    Natural Born Quiller 68
    ^I was projected 7th, finished 2nd.
    You (dooley) were projected 8th, finished 3rd.

And here was 2013-2014:

Team Projected Pts Projected rank Final Pts Final rank Difference Pts Difference Rank
    Recchident Evil 149 1 150 2 1 -1
    A.Niityville Horrors 117 2 162,5 1 45,5 1
    I Smid of your Grave 111 3 110 5 -1 -2
    Silence of the Stams 108 4 78,5 11 -29,5 -7
    Pavelnormal Activity 107 5 126,5 3 19,5 2
    House of 1000 Corvos 105 6 121,5 4 16,5 2
    Ogie Ogrethorpe 103 7 98,5 8 -4,5 -1
    Skinner & Silent Bob 92 8 104 6 12 2
    Phaneufenstein 91 9 100 7 9 2
    Dead & Fleuried 85 10 84 10 -1 0
    Nightmare on Helm Street 81 11 86 9 5 2
    Nosferatuuka 81 11 56,5 13 -24,5 -2
    Drag Me To Hellberg 72 13 67 12 -5 1
    Army of Subbans 63 14 30 14 -33 0
    ^I was projected 5th, finished 3rd.

I'd say... we must have excellent day-to-day management styles... my friend.
    Gio-Brodie HOOOOOO!!!!

The Wolverine

In 13/14, I was projected to finish 3rd and finished 5th. In terms of points, I was only 1 off the projection!

In 14/15, I was projected to finish 6th and finished 7th. In terms of points, I was only half a point off the projection!

This year, projected 2nd. Let's see what happens...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    In 13/14, I was projected to finish 3rd and finished 5th. In terms of points, I was only 1 off the projection!

In 14/15, I was projected to finish 6th and finished 7th. In terms of points, I was only half a point off the projection!

This year, projected 2nd. Let's see what happens...
    So... no pressure, but if you just manage your team like you always do... you'll finish 2nd.
    No. Pressure.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    So... no pressure, but if you just manage your team like you always do... you'll finish 2nd.
    No. Pressure.
    No pressure indeed. I haven't been close to being a contender since the first season!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Last year's predictions (2014-2015) below:

^I was projected 7th, finished 2nd.
    You (dooley) were projected 8th, finished 3rd.

And here was 2013-2014:

^I was projected 5th, finished 3rd.

I'd say... we must have excellent day-to-day management styles... my friend.
    Gio-Brodie HOOOOOO!!!!
    I am not impressed hahaha