Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 16 team Dynasty league, inaugural draft.. how did I do?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: 16 team Dynasty league, inaugural draft.. how did I do?

sweet. This should be a great league as I have been with this commish for his other sports. Alot of us are part of his baseball league he has run for over 10 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Great team...I look forward to seeing how you make out and look forward to our week 5 matchup. Good luck this year!

What did your Yahoo Report Card give you for a grade ?

LOL.. Yahoo Report Card..... LOL.. It spit me a "B"

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Nice. I am really looking forward to the league for sure. And solid on the B!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Nice draft, GinFizz, Your first two are absolute steals in a ppr. Graham falling into the third like that is another nice catch. Tannehill is a little early BUT sometimes you have to reach for the guy you want. He'll be a nice investment for you and drafted a very solid backup QB in Carr. Not a fan of Tevin Coleman as lead RB1 material, but we can't agree on everything. That would be no fun.

Nice job overall.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by Swels Stewart View Post
    Safer than three rookies and a sophomore, none of whom are clear starting RBs for their teams? Yes.

What happens if you pick the wrong one between Freeman and Coleman in a given week and Johnson gets buried below Crowell and West. Your RBs could give you next to nothing. Last year Freeman, Jackson, and Rodgers averaged 19.5 carries a game at 3.7 ypc, 5 receptions, and .5 TDs. Freeman averaged 7.5 ypcatch. Split 70/30 that's a whopping 50 yards and .35 TDs, along with 3.5 receptions and 27 receiving yards. That's not bad, sure, and they could be better this year. But what if the split isn't that uneven or what if the coaches change their minds every week about who gets the volume? And that is your best situation. By the end of the year, one of Coleman or Freeman could be a clear starter and Johnson could be a ppr RB1, but attaching yourself to non-established starters in poor offenses is risky. And if you are going risky, you need more tickets in the lottery, which is why I would have drafted another RB instead of Wayne.

As I think I said, long term your team looks great with a very strong base at the most reliable positions. But for this year, those RBs could be a problem and if you drafted Graham (and Wayne) for this year, that seems at cross purposes.

Even a league your size M.Jones, B. Allen, Artis-Payne, G. Johnson, or J. Robinson might still be available. Or someone might trade for Wayne with the GB and NE buzz.
    Zach Zenner would be another stash.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Nice draft, GinFizz, Your first two are absolute steals in a ppr. Graham falling into the third like that is another nice catch. Tannehill is a little early BUT sometimes you have to reach for the guy you want. He'll be a nice investment for you and drafted a very solid backup QB in Carr. Not a fan of Tevin Coleman as lead RB1 material, but we can't agree on everything. That would be no fun.

Nice job overall.

I used your guide... I waited til the 5th to start drafting RBs.. Im in this league for the long hall. I hope your right about Tannenhill......

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    I used your guide... I waited til the 5th to start drafting RBs.. Im in this league for the long hall. I hope your right about Tannenhill......
    Me too...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Added Cameron Artis-Payne this morning. praying for some snaps in Carolina.. thoughts?

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Added Cameron Artis-Payne this morning. praying for some snaps in Carolina.. thoughts?
    You'll be rewarded.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill