Thread: New Coach, New Red Wings?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default New Coach, New Red Wings?

I just read the Eastern Edge and the notes about Tatar and Nyquist being joined at the hip with Datsyuk and Zetterburg respectively. I know Blashill has been cultivated to follow the same formula, but now that he's in the big chair and Datsyuk is out until maybe Xmas....is Blashill going to mix it up?

How's that going to affect the projections for Tatar & Nyquist?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: New Coach, New Red Wings?

New Coach, same ol' Red Wings. I think the new coach has been working the same system in the AHL as Babs and Holland wanted in the big club to best prepare the players for the NHL system. I think the new coach will continue to run the same system as he knows that's how the players were prepared.

And its not like the players were not playing well for Babcock or that the Red Wings fired him... he chose to leave for more money.

The way I see it, 'if it ain't broke, why fix it'

As for those projections I project that they both see a slight increase in production this year as Dats is out for a couple months, so they will see more PP time in the early going. And with Mike Green now on the point on the PP they will also get the benefit of having a true PP Quarterback.

Dobber Sports Legend

I think Tatar, Nyquist and Green are all in for good years. Datsyuk will miss time from here on out - the good news is that the kids are playing with confidence. I'm curious to see what Pulkkinen can do if given the minutes.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I think Tatar, Nyquist and Green are all in for good years. Datsyuk will miss time from here on out - the good news is that the kids are playing with confidence. I'm curious to see what Pulkkinen can do if given the minutes.
    Agreed, I hope that Blashill will help his transition NHL and avoid him learning a new system. He could be a sleeper pick in drafts

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm expecting 30G 30A from both Tatar and Nyquist, though I prefer the latter. I'd pencil Nyquist in for 25 PPP too.

Dobber Sports Pro

I could see the success for the young players similar to Jon Cooper in Tbay.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

I think par for the course in Wingland. One caveat though- those were fan-frickin-tastic seasons from Tatar and Gus (overchieved?). I would not pencil in an improvement. Even holding steady would be an extremely strong season for these guys.