Thread: 16 Team PPR New keeper (keep any 3)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default 16 Team PPR New keeper (keep any 3)

First of all I would like to thank everyone who took the him to read this Thread.

I'm trying to figure out my draft strategy for an upcoming Keeper I'm in. The break down is as follows

16 team PPR everything else standard.

1 QB
    1 RB
    2 WR
    1 TE
    1 K
    1 D

I have the 3rd overall pick and am thinking about take Luck or Rogers because of the 3:1 ratio of RB/WR to QB, is this silly, should I get an Elite RB (Bell) or WR (Dez) because of how high I am? Any advice would be amazing.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: 16 Team PPR New keeper (keep any 3)

Elite RBs are few and far between, there will only at max be 32 QBs taken so I would hold until Rd 3.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Deity

I would also grab an elite RB at 3rd overall. There should be plenty of excellent QBs in the 3rd - 4th round.

If Bell or Lacy are there for you at 3rd, take one of them and smile.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
    First of all I would like to thank everyone who took the him to read this Thread.

I'm trying to figure out my draft strategy for an upcoming Keeper I'm in. The break down is as follows

16 team PPR everything else standard.

1 QB
    1 RB
    2 WR
    1 TE
    1 K
    1 D

I have the 3rd overall pick and am thinking about take Luck or Rogers because of the 3:1 ratio of RB/WR to QB, is this silly, should I get an Elite RB (Bell) or WR (Dez) because of how high I am? Any advice would be amazing.
    I like the high end QB here. In a keeper league, I want to select a rock for my franchise and QB's are my preference. There is SOOO much variance on RB's from year to year including wearing down, injuries, talent around them, etc. In a 1 year draft I probably take the best RB. In this format, the top QB's are rarely available post draft in the leagues I've played in, however there will be new RB talent coming in every year.

my $0.02

Dobber Sports Pro

RBs careers are so short I would go for QB with your earliest pick. They have much longer careers and way more stable/consistent year to year for me.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'm still unsure. If Bell is still there i might have to take him, if not. Do I take Luck? IS there someone ahead of Luck as a keeper / franchise QB?

Dobber Sports Wizard

In a dynasty, durability is a big factor, so I, too, would go QB. If this was a 1 year, RB would be the way I would go. You need to get more bang out of your buck here long-term.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Expert

Don't go QB at 3rd overall, this is a recipe for a down year.

You have to go with an RB that is a 3-down back than can get some catches. Bell, Lacy, Charles, Peterson, Lynch....you get any one of those 5 (in order) and you should be laughing.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
    I'm still unsure. If Bell is still there i might have to take him, if not. Do I take Luck? IS there someone ahead of Luck as a keeper / franchise QB?
    Is this a basic league scoring? If it does. take Luck and don't look back. If there is different scoring that rewards RB/WR touchdowns for 6 and QB touchdowns only worth 4... take the top RB.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would go Luck because I think he could be a dominant QB for the next decade or more. But taking him may well mean a down year for you because you aren't going to like what's left for RB/WR at 30 and 35. If you go Luck, you might just punt the year (sorry) and draft for young high-upside WRs and RBs. One of Evans, Benjamin, or Hopkins could will be there; Watkins and Cooper should certainly be. I would also load up on RBs with long-term upside.

If you don't go Luck, I think your other choices are Bell, Lacy, and if you are a gambler, Beckham. If you go this route,you may want to grab Bridgewater, Winston, or Mariota as your back up QB.