Thread: Advice/Thoughts on my Cap dynasty team

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Advice/Thoughts on my Cap dynasty team

Hey guys,

....I'm bored. I drafted the team in my sig before the NHL Entry draft and I'm thinking I've got a good shot at contending this year and in the future. Obviously my teams ability to compete can only be evaluated relative to the other teams in my league but I'm not going to post 19 other teams and you wouldn't read that anyway (who would?). So I'm just looking for general thoughts on players or weaknesses for my team. Some of my thoughts now that the draft high has worn off:

I shouldn't have drafted Orpik, 5.5 mil is better spent elsewhere. During the draft my team was seriously lacking HTS/BLK and Orpik was a knee-jerk draft selection. I've since added those stats through trade and FA pick-up.
    Saad's salary killed any cap flexibility I might have had before
    Prospect eligibilty is 100 games for skaters and 60 games for goalies
    I'm almost exactly on the cap depending on who from my minor team I call up.

I have been trying to trade Sutter and his 3.3 Mil contract for a smaller one since I'm already very deep at C. Lots of other teams are in similar positions though so it's difficult to unload salary (I already traded Fisher for Clutterbuck and a pick to shed salary)

Thanks for the thoughts.
    20 team H2H Fantrax Cap Dynasty
    2018/2018 Cap=90 mil
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FO%, HIT, BLK, TOI/G
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    3C/LW/RW, 6D, 2Sk, 2G

C: Backstrom, Bergeron, Eichel
    L: Benn, Rakell, Coleman, Goldobin, Weal, B. McGinn
    R: Pavelski, Radulov, Panik, B. Tanev, D. Ryan
    D: Burns, Josi, Weber, Ellis, Manson, Forbort, Stecher, Weegar
    G: Talbot, Elliott
    Farm: Harkins, Hayden, Kampf, Highmore, Dickinson, Bjork, Motte, Foegele, Rychel, Kossila, Poturalski, Graves, Bear, Nielsen, Timmins, Ozhiganov, McKeown, Gillies, Boyle, Brossoit, Ellis, Rittich

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Advice/Thoughts on my Cap dynasty team

Can't really find much to add that you haven't already mentioned (Orpik, Saad, Sutter, etc.).

You've definitely got a (very) strong team in a 20-team league and somehow are adding Eichel to that mix too. Also, you've got a really sneaky good D (Orpik's $ and B.Strait aside)

Solid farm with some fantastic talent up front (Poirier - another really sneaky good prospect for your setup), some longer-shot goalies (and most are anyways) and a couple of solid D in Miller and Pateryn, with Montour having great upside in a dynasty too.

Think you've got a pretty solid handle on your situation (not surprising considering it's you) so I think sitting back and looking for value opportunities that make sense is about all you can do. I wouldn't say there needs to be a specific target - just the usual "always trying to add value" deal if it comes along.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Advice/Thoughts on my Cap dynasty team

Thanks for the feedback YL. I got really lucky with the inaugural draft structure. Picking second for the prospect draft (which was held first) and then the inverse (19th) for the NHL vet draft immediately after. The only better position would have been 1st/20th imo. Top end prospect talent this year was 1-2 then everyone else and Vet talent was much more spread out.
    20 team H2H Fantrax Cap Dynasty
    2018/2018 Cap=90 mil
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FO%, HIT, BLK, TOI/G
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    3C/LW/RW, 6D, 2Sk, 2G

C: Backstrom, Bergeron, Eichel
    L: Benn, Rakell, Coleman, Goldobin, Weal, B. McGinn
    R: Pavelski, Radulov, Panik, B. Tanev, D. Ryan
    D: Burns, Josi, Weber, Ellis, Manson, Forbort, Stecher, Weegar
    G: Talbot, Elliott
    Farm: Harkins, Hayden, Kampf, Highmore, Dickinson, Bjork, Motte, Foegele, Rychel, Kossila, Poturalski, Graves, Bear, Nielsen, Timmins, Ozhiganov, McKeown, Gillies, Boyle, Brossoit, Ellis, Rittich