3. Holtby

DEBATABLE
    4a. MacKinnon
    4b. Pacioretty
    4c. Voracek
    4d. Dubnyk
    4e. T.Johnson

Yeah - it's tough on that 4th player.
    If MaxPac is healthy, I love having that elite LW.
    He was a top 10 player in standard 6-cat Yahoo! last year, #3LW (behind Benn) and he was actually ahead of Tarasenko/Karlsson.
    Voracek was #3 though, top RW.

Oh man, oh man...
    Super tough call.
    I can't decided between MaxPac & Voracek.
    That's really, really close.
    I love having those elite wingers in shallow leagues.

Honestly, it's so close I'd say either:
    a) Flip a coin, or
    b) Just keep the guy you enjoy owning most.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Keep 4 (REP)

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    LOCK
    1. Karlsson

NEAR LOCK
    2. C.Perry
    3. Holtby

DEBATABLE
    4a. MacKinnon
    4b. Pacioretty
    4c. Voracek
    4d. Dubnyk
    4e. T.Johnson

Yeah - it's tough on that 4th player.
    If MaxPac is healthy, I love having that elite LW.
    He was a top 10 player in standard 6-cat Yahoo! last year, #3LW (behind Benn) and he was actually ahead of Tarasenko/Karlsson.
    Voracek was #3 though, top RW.

Oh man, oh man...
    Super tough call.
    I can't decided between MaxPac & Voracek.
    That's really, really close.
    I love having those elite wingers in shallow leagues.

Honestly, it's so close I'd say either:
    a) Flip a coin, or
    b) Just keep the guy you enjoy owning most.
    I may try to move Perry for Stamkos (most likely Perry + another which doesnt matter too much as its only Keep 4). I cant stand the Canadians and Vorachek was pretty fun to watch last season, especially once he started getting into some scraps and laying out some hits.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Holtby - 12 team league X 2 goalies, therefore high demand and he is a top 3 goalie after his play last year.
    Karlsson - no brainer
    Voracek - playing for a contract

So I would say its between Perry and Mackinnon

Perry - is getting older, so if you feel you want to go for a championship, go with him, with hope of getting Mackinnon in draft.

Mackinnnon - might be easier to get after a down year last year. But has huge upside that you might not be able to get him. If you do not feel competitive, go with him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Yeah maybe move Perry for a high pick and keep one of the fringe keepers.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I would keep your top 4. I think Mackinnon or Josi would be easier to redraft than Holtby.
    Ditto
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

I am kinda leaning more so with

Perry
    Karlsson
    Vorachek
    Pacioretty

then use my first round pick for a goalie. I was offered a trade between Holtby and Quick. Is Quick a better option to keep?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If it's daily H2H... I'm glad you will try to keep Perry(ANA).
    ANA has a great off-night schedule... your player list has 10F... even though you can only start 6F.
    So keeping Perry is great for flexibility of getting skaters into your Monday Wednesday line-up.

Another thought - can you use Holtby or MacKinnon or Voracek or MaxPac to acquire Getzlaf?

There really is a lot of value in rostering ANA skaters (or goalie: F.Andersen) in daily-set leagues with decent bench size.

Dobber Sports Ace

No salary cap, and keep four every season. To me, this means that you take the best one-year players possible. You can keep guys based on "potential", but other than McDavid, I am not sure who is worth doing that for. Why would you keep a 70 point player at the expense of a 90 point player? Just in hopes that said 70 point player becomes a 90 point player one day? These aren't the 90s anymore, where you get scoring champions with 161 points, who outscore the third best scoring player by 41 points (Lemieux - Sakic back in 95-96, which is just a year that I chose completely at random).

Let's say that we're talking about Perry vs MacKinnon in this case. Perry is going to get you about 80 points, plus hits. Are we ready to say that MacKinnon is that valuable already? I don't think so. Will he be that good next season? Probably not quite yet. Sure, MacKinnon might reach 90 points one day, and probably will become a PPG player, but that's still a few ways away. When you can only keep four players, you're always going to have PPG type players who you can keep, so there is no need to keep MacKinnon in hopes of him getting there.

In light of me viewing this as a series of one-year leagues that you are in, I'm keeping:
    - Karlsson
    - Holtby
    - Perry
    - Voracek

I would keep Johnson over MacKinnon at this point, too.

Thanks for the replies again guys. Yes thats one thing I love about ANA those off nights. I tried to get getzlaf last year but the GM didnt want me to have that duo. Maybe I can try to target him furing the off season as that would be a nice combo.

- Karlsson
    - Holtby
    - Perry
    - Voracek

was my first selection, I think I am just over thinking now and should stick with this!

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd keep:

Karlsson
    Mackinnon
    Pacioretty
    and 1 of Perry or Holtby.

Those are my 4, and I'd be shopping the others. Name value is high for Perry - higher than his actual value, which is why he's not a lock. And I also don't see the value of Voracek as a top keeper in a multi-cat league - I prefer Mackinnon and feel he a more valuable multi-cat own than Voracek as early as this year, but at the very least long-term.

Dobber Sports Stud

Honestly in a 12-team keep 4, where only the top 50 players are kept (meaning the elite of the elite), I would strongly recommend looking at the "unique" elite players over the general brand names.

By "unique" I mean an elite player who offers some sort of additional advantage (e.g. Sid in points over forwards - well most years - Karlsson in points over Dmen - OV/Stammer in G/SOG/PPG... or, as Peng mentioned, ANA guys in a daily set-up).

So for me, with your settings, both Karlsson and Perry are locks as they both offer "unique" elements to their eliteness.

I really don't believe in keeping a goalie in a keep 4 (unless Hasek returned and offered that huge gap over other goalies consistently) - so, for me, Holtby would be out and I'd look to redraft him (or another quality G early).

So it's down to Jake, Mack, TJ and Patches for the final 2 spots imo.

At the end of the day, which of those 4 do you feel can offer some kind of "unique" eliteness? For me, MacKinnon and Voracek are the 2 that I would throw my money on, but there are absolutely legit reasons to look at TJ and Patches too.

And just one other reminder, aside from your "unique" guys, I'd be pitching every other guy far and wide and taking almost whatever I could get (draft pick wise) and keeping whoever is left over. They're a) that close in value for me and b) in a keep 4, it's not generally your 4 that win it for you, it's how you draft/trade for the remainder of your squad. So the more picks (even simple round upgrades) you can get, the stronger you'll be (and still have a pretty comparable 4 coming into the draft as most others).
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    Honestly in a 12-team keep 4, where only the top 50 players are kept (meaning the elite of the elite), I would strongly recommend looking at the "unique" elite players over the general brand names.

By "unique" I mean an elite player who offers some sort of additional advantage (e.g. Sid in points over forwards - well most years - Karlsson in points over Dmen - OV/Stammer in G/SOG/PPG... or, as Peng mentioned, ANA guys in a daily set-up).

So for me, with your settings, both Karlsson and Perry are locks as they both offer "unique" elements to their eliteness.

I really don't believe in keeping a goalie in a keep 4 (unless Hasek returned and offered that huge gap over other goalies consistently) - so, for me, Holtby would be out and I'd look to redraft him (or another quality G early).

So it's down to Jake, Mack, TJ and Patches for the final 2 spots imo.

At the end of the day, which of those 4 do you feel can offer some kind of "unique" eliteness? For me, MacKinnon and Voracek are the 2 that I would throw my money on, but there are absolutely legit reasons to look at TJ and Patches too.

And just one other reminder, aside from your "unique" guys, I'd be pitching every other guy far and wide and taking almost whatever I could get (draft pick wise) and keeping whoever is left over. They're a) that close in value for me and b) in a keep 4, it's not generally your 4 that win it for you, it's how you draft/trade for the remainder of your squad. So the more picks (even simple round upgrades) you can get, the stronger you'll be (and still have a pretty comparable 4 coming into the draft as most others).
    Thanks for the great post, Pacioretty is definitely unique as he can score goals, is a LW and can throw some hits but will he be healthy is the question I guess.

Karlsson and Perry I am going to keep for sure.

Pacioretty, Vorachek and TJ are up in the air I guess.

So many thoughts to think!

Dobber Sports Pro

Karlsson
    MacKinnon
    Pax
    Holtby

I like the idea of shopping Perry and Voracek. Good luck!