Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drouin or Bennett??

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Drouin or Bennett??

Drouin has a lot of talent on a team filled with talent.

Bennett has less competition in CGY and the team is less of a Stanley Cup contender than TB. That could benefit him in terms of his development as he could see better playing time.

I think I would go with Drouin, just based on the quality of linemates.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Does Drouin have far and away the better opportunity?
    In my opinion...

- Despite mixing and matching on the top line all season, TB rarely split up the triplets. Clearly they want to keep that line together.

- Filppula, Callahan, and Killorn have all shown they can't get the best out of Stamkos. I like Cally n Filppula on the third line and maybe Killorn as a complementary piece on the top line.

- Drouin could be an elite player, mix that with one of the best goal scorers on the planet and it's fantasy gold. He still has to play his way into a spot on the top line, but its so clear where he fits in.

- Bennett still has a great opportunity on a good young team, and I really like the Frolik signing because I think the could look really good together on the second line. Still his path to becoming a regular in the scoring race is less clear to me.

I feel like the ceiling is higher for Drouin but the floor is higher for Bennett.
    16 Team Head-to-Head Keeper League
    G A
    W SO
    6F 3D 1G

F: Hall, Eberle, Little, E. Kane, Ladeskog, Hertl, Lee, S. Bennett, Teravainen, Silfverberg
    D: Doughty, Nurse, R. Murphy, Voynov
    G: Luongo, Gibson

Keep 13 players, no add/drops only trades, 4 round draft

Dobber Sports Expert

Bennett is a more in your face hockey player. He goes to the dirty areas, works hiss tail off every shift and plays bigger than he is. He has that drive, a howitzer of a shot, the hockey IQ, kid is a complete package. I take Bennett. When you watch Bennett play, you immediately think Gilmour, with a little more size and higher offensive potential.

Dobber Sports Ace

Isn't Drouin a golden boy in TB? I'd have to think they will give him every opportunity to succeed.

IMO, the only issue is when. Cooper did limit his minutes this past season (13 mins/game roughly) and shuffled him all around the lineup.

I'd hope he has a more defined role this season and a bump in minutes, but it may take one more season of "grooming" for him to get the big opportunity with Stamkos and 1st PP.
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Monster

Drouin quite easily for me. I'm going to erase his rookie season from memory because he wasn't really given an opportunity to succeed (but his rookie season was roughly as productive in terms of pts/g as Stamkos' rookie season).

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just running up the score here. I'd take Drouin long-term, but Bennett is going to be a beast, too.
    10 Team, Weekly H2H (Set Daily), 31-Player, No Cap, Dynasty League

Categories: G, A, +/-, Hits, PPP, ATOI, SOG, W, S%, GAA

F: Crosby,
    Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

D: Karlsson, Hedman, Shattenkirk,
    Barrie, Hamilton, Gostisbehere, Vatanen

G: Rask, Fleury, Dubnyk, Schneider

Dobber Sports Recruit

Drouin given your criteria. The hype is higher for Bennett regarding real hockey, but Drouin has more potential in a points-only league.