Thread: Fantrax Auction Drafting - Feedback?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Fantrax Auction Drafting - Feedback?

I'm running a cap league where we use an auction draft to determine salaries. To date, we have used CBS, and their auction room works very well. However, CBS is lacking a bit in stats, plus we also have a prospect roster that we have been forced to track offline. It's a real pain when someone picks up a player who is already on someone else's prospect roster.

I have a few leagues in Fantrax, but I have never used the auction drafting there. I think they just got it running a year or two ago. Can anyone give me some feedback on it? pluses, minuses, user-friendliness, glitches, etc. I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Allan

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Fantrax Auction Drafting - Feedback?

i think their auction draft room is great, especially if your league owners are already used to online auction drafts. The functionality is very similar to the regualr draft room, with the added auction feature. One feature that was missing, which was important to our league, is not allowing the salary cap to be flexible enough, during the draft, for different roster sizes on each team.
    The only other feature I'd like to see is some sort of alert or countdown when the auction timeris down to 3 seconds or so. If you need to flip to another screen for a second or two, you might miss out on bidding higher for a player you want.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

WE use CBS to track our prospects. We add them to a team and place them on injured reserve. we use the honour system with the team owners who know that they cannot dress these players unless they go through the appropriate process. We also email the CBS sports team yearly asking them to add a farm team or prospect option. the response is the usual blah blah but if more users ask for it they consider it.
    12 Team Capped (Auction Style) H2H League
    G, A, +/-, W, SO, OTL
    20 player min, 23 Max. $60M Cap
    Start 12 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Kuznetsov , toffoli, staal, Turris
    W: Schwartz, Grandlund, Palat, Spooner, Rakell,
    D: Carlson, Hedman, Gostisbehere, Lindell, Maatta, Pieterangelo
    G: Lundqvist , Quick, Elliot
    Farm: Petan, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, AHO,
    4 Time HOLE Fantasy Hockey League Champion: 2011, 2013, 2015, & 2017

Dobber Sports Master

ability to have pretty much every prospect in d'base and draft pick trading/tracking is huge (fantrax)

I cant vouch for auction draft performance or their salary cap tracking though .

in a perfect world , fantrax steps it up and upgrades the look and feel of their website.