Thread: Trading Malkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trading Malkin

Wondering if this is fair value...

Malkin for Bobrovsky, Wheeler and Klefbom

appreciate all feedback! Thanks.

P.S. How the %$#@ do you edit your signature?

League stats: G, A, +/-, SHP, PPP, SOG, PIM, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C: Malkin, Spezza, Krejci, Little, Bjudstad
    R: Perry, Ovechkin, Pominville, Eriksson, Parenteau
    L: Benn, Tanguay, Zuccarello, Palat, Bailey
    D: Keith, Shattenkirk, Giordano, Savard, Johnson, Barrie

G: Luongo, Varlamov, Smith

Notable Prospects: Pirri, Puempel, Clendening, Stalock, Lack
    Think like a man of action, and act like a man of thought.

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Trading Malkin

With luongo and varlamov already in tow, I don't think I would have made this deal personally. But with an aging / declining Malkin, who is always an injury risk, I can understand the logic behind this move. I just shipped Malkin in a the cap dynasty in my signature for Backstrom + Cam Talbot, and I'm pretty happy with the return, given the contract situations and what not. But trading Malkin right now is a difficult proposition, especially with Kessel coming on board. I honestly see 71 and 88 playing together a whole lot, forging another elite pairing ala Malkin/Neal.

But you got an elite #1 goalie (probably top5), and a very good multi-category winger with 70+ upside in Blake Wheeler -- as well as a nice D prospect with Klefbom. Solid return. +1

P.S. To edit your signature, just click the "Settings" tab on the top right corner of your web browser, then there will be an option down the left-hand side of the page for "Edit Signature."

Cheers!
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Legend

MM,

Welcome to the boards. Did you already pull the trigger or still pondering? I wouldn't trade Malkin for anything less that a haul right now. As mounD said, Shrek and Kessel will be magic together. I'm fully expecting 90+ from Malkin now.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Great One

Not fair value. I see all these move Malkin threads and its nutty to me. His percieved value is at an all time low. Hes got at least one more Art Ross in him (maybe more)- so wait and sell high. Youve got a few solid pieces for a guy who can almost single handedly spearhead a championship in a good year. HOLD.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    With luongo and varlamov already in tow, I don't think I would have made this deal personally. But with an aging / declining Malkin, who is always an injury risk, I can understand the logic behind this move. I just shipped Malkin in a the cap dynasty in my signature for Backstrom + Cam Talbot, and I'm pretty happy with the return, given the contract situations and what not. But trading Malkin right now is a difficult proposition, especially with Kessel coming on board. I honestly see 71 and 88 playing together a whole lot, forging another elite pairing ala Malkin/Neal.

But you got an elite #1 goalie (probably top5), and a very good multi-category winger with 70+ upside in Blake Wheeler -- as well as a nice D prospect with Klefbom. Solid return. +1

P.S. To edit your signature, just click the "Settings" tab on the top right corner of your web browser, then there will be an option down the left-hand side of the page for "Edit Signature."

Cheers!
    I liked the Malkin side better...lol

Another keep Malkin vote
    12 Team H2H. Full Keeper
    G/A/Points/PIM/PPP/FOW/SOG/HIT/BLK/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SO
    Malkin, Seguin, Perry, Monahan, TJohnson, Wheeler, Lucic, Nichushkin, Drouin, Datsyuk, Hossa, Holland, Bouma, Nieto, Colborne, Prust, Jooris
    Subban, Savard, Dillon, Murphy, Prout, Petrovic
    Lundqvist, Rinne

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the replies gents!

I haven't even proposed the deal, I'm just desperately trying to weight my options here on how to upgrade at goal and thought maybe trading a Malkin for a package deal would be the route to go. I really am a fan of Columbus going forward so that's why I targeted Bobrovsky in particular.

The only goalies that fit my team (based on contracts) are: Bobrovsky, Lehtonen, Lundqvist, Crawford, Dubynk, Niemi and Talbot.

The only other offers I've received are Bjudstad, Barrie and my 1st in 2016 for Crawford or Dubynk. I'm sort hi-jacking my own thread here, but who are some under the radar goalies that can be "bought low"?

Maybe the answer lies in packaging one of my goalies+ for an upgrade.... hmm...

Thanks for the feedback y'all!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd hold on to Malkin, top 5 fantasy asset now and for the next 5 years.. Would take a lot to part ways with him if I was in your shoes

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah... consider this thread closed. Pursuing other avenues to acquire a "goaler".

Thanks for all the feedback.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I just traded Malkin as well. My team was very top heavy (already had Giroux and Tavares) and horrible in net (best goalie was Anderson). I traded Malkin for Rinne. I wanted more from him, but am very happy with the return.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by hydrobomb View Post
    I just traded Malkin as well. My team was very top heavy (already had Giroux and Tavares) and horrible in net (best goalie was Anderson). I traded Malkin for Rinne. I wanted more from him, but am very happy with the return.
    Straight up?!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by hydrobomb View Post
    I feel like people are really undervaluing Malkin right now.. I think he's still got one or two hart seasons left in him

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by varlytime View Post
    I feel like people are really undervaluing Malkin right now.. I think he's still got one or two hart seasons left in him
    I dont think its an undervaluing of Malkin right now, but a desperation and difficulty in acquiring a top 10 goaltender in most leagues. Nobody wants to trade a Malkin away, but we all know how important goaltending is in Fantasy and unfortunately there's only a handful that can change your franchise.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by mr.mellow View Post
    Straight up?!
    Yes, straight up. It wasn't easy. I had zero goaltending. Like, nothing. It killed me last year. I had a lot of offense.

And like it was mentioned, there are NO goalies ever available. The asking Price was a legit top 5 fantasy player and minimum three first round picks in our pool. They are not easy to get.
    Rotisserie Keeper League (Cap = $71,400,000 (2015/2016))

Stats: G, A, +/-, PIMs, HITs, BLKs, PPPs, SHPs, GWGs, SOGs, W, SO, SV%

Positions: 12F, 6D, 2G, 3B, 2IR
    Keepers: 8

FORWARDS:
    DEFENSE:

GOALIES:

IR:

Twitter: @pgervais