Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38 78 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1398

Thread: WHL (World Hockey League) - Settings / Inaug.Draft / Discussion

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: WHL (World Hockey League) - Settings / Inaug.Draft / Discussion

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not that I'm a "longshot favourite"
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I was hoping he would pick me. Only reason i agreed to this interview.

Dobber Sports Initiate

great interview Lemmy and nice work Insider! Would love to know ur top 3 live concerts you have seen. As an avid concert goer back in the day I have been to some legendary (for me anyways) concerts that I will never forget and some that I have,lol. Mostly classic rock but did the 80's heavy metal scene and even the late 70's/early 80's punk scene. Would love to do it all over again! Maybe less kool-aid this time.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Stud

My top 3

Judas Priest / Iron Maiden (Paul D'Anno singing). 1981 Paladium NYC
    Metallica - Ride the lightning 1985
    Rage against the Machine - 1992 - Never saw a crowd blow up like they did when Bombtrack was played..

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Initiate

great shows I am sure, I have seen both Priest and Maiden , maybe it was that Tour, cant remember. Not familiar with all RATM songs but luv Bulls on Parade and that SNL performance! As you mention the crowd blowing up, sometimes you know when you are at a show and a magical moment happens that you can just feel it's something special that you are witnessing and experiencing that will never align again.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    great interview Lemmy and nice work Insider! Would love to know ur top 3 live concerts you have seen. As an avid concert goer back in the day I have been to some legendary (for me anyways) concerts that I will never forget and some that I have,lol. Mostly classic rock but did the 80's heavy metal scene and even the late 70's/early 80's punk scene. Would love to do it all over again! Maybe less kool-aid this time.

Been to concerts?...Yes several. Remember them? Not very well....
    Follow me @WHLrumourmill for rumblings from around the World Hockey League

Dobber Sports Initiate

ok lol, several hundred or more for me. Lost track. You must remember one that was noteworthy?

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

here are my 3 which I will cheat a little bit on and add some context because these were not just concerts but adventures particularly the Zeppelin show.

1: Zeppelin, 1979 at Knebworth Park just outside of London. Am/was a huge Zeppelin fan and had never seen them. Was 20 yrs old at the time. Traveled with my friend to experience the dream of my life with no tickets to the show, no air-flight or hotel reservations and we just "flew by the seat of our pants"! Ended up sleeping overnight in Logan International Airport and getting a standby flight the next morning. My friend was dealing hashish, weed and acid at the time which we both smuggled as much possible for the trip. No searches back then going out , only coming back into the U.S.

2: tie for number 2 concert, very difficult to choose between these 2 mindblowing performances. Pink Floyd, 1980 at Nassau Coliseum for the original "The Wall Tour", which was only performed in 4 cities across the world! Pink Floyd, 1977 at Boston Garden, for "The Animals Tour". Drove down to New York in my 1973 Cougar XR7 and proceeded to blow my water pump, ha! My 2 buddies and I scalped tickets for $50 which at the time was a lot for a concert ticket but 50 bucks well spent! These shows were epic performances of a lifetime and the 1977 show can be found on YouTube in an excellent quality audio only post.

3: The Clash, 1979 at Harvard Square Theater in Cambridge Massachusetts. WOW!!!! The Clash could have picked one of many other venues to play in the Boston area but chose a small movie theater directly across from Harvard University. Well this show I have no words for...ferocious could suffice. They blew the roof and doors off that place!! F*ck!

honorable mention: 1988? Stevie Ray Vaughn and Jeff Beck on a double bill, nuff said!

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

Many great shows listed.

If i had to pick 3

1. Iron Maiden- Somewhere back in Time tour 2008 was my first time seeing Maiden and being a lifelong fan it was unreal.

2. Roger Water - The Wall Live 2011. When you start the show with a helicopter on a cable flying overhead and it smashes the stage you know it’s gonna be a night to remember.

3 Black Sabbath Reunion tour 2014 was another epic night.

Hard to pick 3 when you have seen hundreds but honorable mentions to Ramnstein, WASP, and Clutch. Slayer and Megadeth touring together was also a big highlight for me.

Also top 3 that I can never see again are Audioslave, Motorhead, and GWAR with Oderus.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    here are my 3 which I will cheat a little bit on and add some context because these were not just concerts but adventures particularly the Zeppelin show.

1: Zeppelin, 1979 at Knebworth Park just outside of London. Am/was a huge Zeppelin fan and had never seen them. Was 20 yrs old at the time. Traveled with my friend to experience the dream of my life with no tickets to the show, no air-flight or hotel reservations and we just "flew by the seat of our pants"! Ended up sleeping overnight in Logan International Airport and getting a standby flight the next morning. My friend was dealing hashish, weed and acid at the time which we both smuggled as much possible for the trip. No searches back then going out , only coming back into the U.S.

2: tie for number 2 concert, very difficult to choose between these 2 mindblowing performances. Pink Floyd, 1980 at Nassau Coliseum for the original "The Wall Tour", which was only performed in 4 cities across the world! Pink Floyd, 1977 at Boston Garden, for "The Animals Tour". Drove down to New York in my 1973 Cougar XR7 and proceeded to blow my water pump, ha! My 2 buddies and I scalped tickets for $50 which at the time was a lot for a concert ticket but 50 bucks well spent! These shows were epic performances of a lifetime and the 1977 show can be found on YouTube in an excellent quality audio only post.

3: The Clash, 1979 at Harvard Square Theater in Cambridge Massachusetts. WOW!!!! The Clash could have picked one of many other venues to play in the Boston area but chose a small movie theater directly across from Harvard University. Well this show I have no words for...ferocious could suffice. They blew the roof and doors off that place!! F*ck!

honorable mention: 1988? Stevie Ray Vaughn and Jeff Beck on a double bill, nuff said!
    I would have been in for those road trips in the day. We would have had some fun
    Best I got was Blue Oyster Cult and Scorpions early 80's.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Many great shows listed.

If i had to pick 3

1. Iron Maiden- Somewhere back in Time tour 2008 was my first time seeing Maiden and being a lifelong fan it was unreal.

2. Roger Water - The Wall Live 2011. When you start the show with a helicopter on a cable flying overhead and it smashes the stage you know it’s gonna be a night to remember.

3 Black Sabbath Reunion tour 2014 was another epic night.

Hard to pick 3 when you have seen hundreds but honorable mentions to Ramnstein, WASP, and Clutch. Slayer and Megadeth touring together was also a big highlight for me.

Also top 3 that I can never see again are Audioslave, Motorhead, and GWAR with Oderus.
    great picks Lemmy, lucky that you got to see those bands perform before Lemmy and Cornell passed. Im not familiar with GWAR. Saw the most recent Roger Waters Us and Them Tour 2017. Roger always puts on a great show! I am also a huge Sabbath fan and saw "The End Tour" in 2016 which was great for some old "Geezers" ha, too bad Bill Ward could not have done that tour with them. Amazing drummer! Agree that its hard to pick 3 when I have seen so many over the years, wish I took some photos but back then you just lived in the moment.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    I would have been in for those road trips in the day. We would have had some fun
    Best I got was Blue Oyster Cult and Scorpions early 80's.
    yes Im sure Magic that we would have had some fun, nothing like a road trip and the excitement of what will happen!. No fear in those days, all balls and no brains , lol. We actually ran out of money to get home from the London trip, hahaha. Blue Oyster Cult I have seen, great laser show. Scorpions are awesome but never seen em, wish I had.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Scorpions.... ahhhh yeah! There’s some memories flooding back.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks again Insider!
    I'm just catching up on the glorybe & Lemmy interviews!
    Oh man... so good, I love the behind-the-scenes life intel on our GMs!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Greetings, we have Mr Burgundy here today....

What got you into fantasy hockey?
    I don't really remember joining a fantasy league until I was in university, even though I watched a lot of hockey before that. It was a small league of just my housemates and it was pretty fun to hang out, watch games and talk shit about each other's teams. I do distinctly recall losing the trophy one year against a guy who barely knew anything about hockey - I just needed one point from Alexander Frolov in the last game of the matchup and we were all watching this otherwise meaningless LA Kings game and of course he went pointless. I think I stopped playing for a few years after that, haha.

What made you decide to join the WHL?
    I'd never done a full dynasty league before and that seemed like a fun challenge to tackle, especially with a huge league of really knowledgeable, engaged GMs.

What was your team building strategy when you joined the WHL? Has it changed since joining?
    In the inaugural draft I ended up netting last, so picking 24th out of 24. That was a bummer. Unfortunately Subban and then MacKinnon went right before me (hard to believe he could have fallen to 23rd in a dynasty draft) and I didn't really have any options I loved at that point. I went fairly young with the first few picks but then came up with the brilliant idea that I could try to exploit a market inefficiency by grabbing the old, still productive guys being ignored and sneak out a win in that first year.

Well that failed big time and I went into a rebuild later on in the 2nd season and have been there since. I've not had great lottery luck - I think I've fallen in the order 3 of the last 4 years - but I'm fairly happy with the depth I'm building. If only I hadn't messed up a couple of crucial trades (more on that later).

What made you select your team name?
    Hometown hockey team name, was the first thing that jumped out at me.

What is a trade you didn’t make....that you now wish you did?
    I really can't think of the one that got away from me here.

Best trade you’ve made?
    I guess selling high on Shattenkirk a few years ago and reeling in Theodore and a 1st in return. Nothing spectacular but I love Theo and that was a perfect time to sell high.

Worst trade you’ve made?
    I think I've whiffed on all what I would call the few major trades I've made. My Makar for Glass in 2018 or my 7th overall in 2017 for Michael McLeod (that pick could have landed Pettersson or at least 1,000 other guys better than MM) - those ones hurt the most.

What is your current occupation and how did you get into it?
    I work for an affordable housing non-profit. I always wanted to work somewhere where I could have a positive impact and was lucky to find a great organization to be a part of.

What WHL GM would you most like to have a beer with and why?
    I'll go with Tampere Polar Bears (Jouko-Pouko) - seems like a great guy, super knowledgeable about hockey and I'm also stipulating that this drink takes place in beautiful Finland!

You can now ask me one question
    Favourite (or most memorable) fantasy hockey memory?

Becoming a fantasy hockey league insider of course....
    Follow me @WHLrumourmill for rumblings from around the World Hockey League