Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 29 69 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1398

Thread: WHL (World Hockey League) - Settings / Inaug.Draft / Discussion

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: WHL (World Hockey League) - Settings / Inaug.Draft / Discussion

Attached Images Attached Images
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Stud

McDavid and 2 12th rd picks for F. Forsberg, T. Konecny and C. White.
    IMO, i received decent value out of this trade. Im sure most of the GMs on Dobber would gasp at the return i accepted but i feel that depth of roster is what wins in a 24 team dynasty especially with such a shallow FA/re draft-able pool.

For the record, I almost went with Hanifin instead of White but im just not sold on Hanifin at this stage plus I believe that the White contract can be pretty beneficial in a few years.

Now,,, I need Konecny to sign a similar deal to White's...... We shall see

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    McDavid and 2 12th rd picks for F. Forsberg, T. Konecny and C. White.
    IMO, i received decent value out of this trade. Im sure most of the GMs on Dobber would gasp at the return i accepted but i feel that depth of roster is what wins in a 24 team dynasty especially with such a shallow FA/re draft-able pool.

For the record, I almost went with Hanifin instead of White but im just not sold on Hanifin at this stage plus I believe that the White contract can be pretty beneficial in a few years.

Now,,, I need Konecny to sign a similar deal to White's...... We shall see
    Will be very interesting to see this trade play out.

Completely agree with depth being key.

#Ducks were in on McDavid and I'm ultimately kind of happy we didn't end up losing a bunch of good contributors for one player, but at the same time it's McDavid.

From a cap perspective, McDavid's 12.5 might be a good contract too once we start seeing the RFA class singing ridiculous contracts.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Superstar

I agree with all that's been stated above, and Peng had some posts that echoed my thoughts in chat as well.

First off, great talks, a lot of back and forth, and happy to be part of a blockbuster that generates some discussion during the offseason! You've got to love this league.

Ultimately I'm giving up points and depth, which are things I don't like to do in this league and this trade likely results in a step back and some more short-term headaches for me. I'm gambling that I'll be able to fill the holes I create with serviceable players that can make up the gap to the depth I shipped out, and hopefully over time improve on those players to try and put me ahead in this deal. If Konecny and White hit full upside, there's likely no way I can come out on top, so it's definitely a big gamble on my part. Honestly I was half hoping the negotiations fizzled out, like the ducks above.

That being said, how often do you get to pull off a blockbuster for McDavid! I may have been caught in the bright shiny lights, but I went in with my eyes wide open.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I actually think Moose wins this trade.

For future value, I can see (by our league point system, which outsiders aren't privy to):

150 McDavid
    40 Redraft Scrub
    40 Redraft Scrub

vs
    100 Forsberg
    80 Konecny
    80 White
    (potential is HUGE here, IMO - because OTT has little for center depth, so I see him as future C1, flanking best wingers)

That stated... pools are won with high-end talent, surrounded by value-finding players that are BETTER than the 35pt scrubs.

I also think this is a keen trade by Moose because we can keep "30"... not "25"... going forward.
    i.e. NEXT year, the pickins for redraft scrubs might be 30 or 35pts. Yowzas!
    (Conversely, Turtles may be able to stock his own replacement players, simply with the added farm depth - but I counter that myself, we haven't changed the space for top end prospects (10), we've only changed the depth (11-15) - and so there's no real value there, IMO).

Winner: Moose (my vote)
    [that said, Turtles can turn this to his favor if he's keen enough to supplant the scrubs thru finding diamonds-in-rough: i.e. Binningtons, etc.]

Dobber Sports Padawan

I can say the Thunder was busy taking a few days off hanging out at the home of the NHL in the offseason (Predator Ridge in Vernon), and came back to this. Very impressive deal on both sides to get done. Thunder phone lines are now open for (yet another) deal.

Man... 11 years and now finally almost at 1000 posts. Do I get the record for slowest run to 1000?
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with Peng7 about C. White and I also think Konecny will be spending some significant time on the top line while also playing on PP2. 60 pts is not out of reach for both those guys. Just my .02

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Whoever wins... I guess we’ll see... but damn if this didn’t get the pre - pre season kicked off with a bang.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I agree with all that's been stated above, and Peng had some posts that echoed my thoughts in chat as well.

First off, great talks, a lot of back and forth, and happy to be part of a blockbuster that generates some discussion during the offseason! You've got to love this league.

Ultimately I'm giving up points and depth, which are things I don't like to do in this league and this trade likely results in a step back and some more short-term headaches for me. I'm gambling that I'll be able to fill the holes I create with serviceable players that can make up the gap to the depth I shipped out, and hopefully over time improve on those players to try and put me ahead in this deal. If Konecny and White hit full upside, there's likely no way I can come out on top, so it's definitely a big gamble on my part. Honestly I was half hoping the negotiations fizzled out, like the ducks above.

That being said, how often do you get to pull off a blockbuster for McDavid! I may have been caught in the bright shiny lights, but I went in with my eyes wide open.
    How does the cap management look for the turtles?

Dobber Sports Stud

I also think #Moose came out ahead (I voted that way) in the long run, but in all honesty this looks like a win-win to me.

Both GMs got assets they needed for now and the future (immediate team improvement, salary cap management, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    Man... 11 years and now finally almost at 1000 posts. Do I get the record for slowest run to 1000?
    Lol....I thought I was the only one to take 11 years to get over 1,000 posts #FRP! Early congrats on your first milestone!!!.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

WHL Insider... were waiting...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Royal City Leafs

Off season grade = B+

Key players in = Rinne, Hall, Pionk, Skjel, Brown, Fabbri, Alexeyev, Duclair, Pirri

Key players out = Meier, Allen, Leddy, Brown, Bjugstad, Blais, Rubtsov, Dermott

Leafs GM wisely addressed all areas of need with improvements in goal, upfront, and on the back end. They were active, yet direct in making deals that would immediate impact improving for this upcoming season. This GM is determined to contend now. He wants to bring a championship banner to put on display with the crown jewels in Royal City.

Season outlook = 12th

Similar to the Generals, this team may be a team that could be a surprise to finish higher than speculated if all goes according to the GMs plan. Adding Hall and Rinne to a team that already had fantasy stars in Matthews and Tavares, shows the GM is intent to gust his way up the standings and dethrone the other contenders.
    Follow me @WHLrumourmill for rumblings from around the World Hockey League

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

RC Leafs approve of this critique. And expect to surprise and surpass the 12th place ranking.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Tampere Polar Bears

Off season grade = B

Key players in = Byfuglien

Key players out = None

It has been quiet in the nordic region of Tampere during the WHL off season. Many of the fans thought the abominable snowman arrived when Big Buff thunderously strolled into town via offseason trade.

Season rank = 9th

Among the many museums in the scenic city, the players can enjoy a rich history and beautiful architecture in the area. Tampere is a much loved city in Finland, very popular place to settle down for the locals. The GM loves that it is the sauna capital of the world, giving an in-home sauna as part of every contract to every new player. The GM even has one installed in his office which we met in during our last meeting. Home games are played during the daytime so fans and players can enjoy the northern lights on game days, really an incredible place to play.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Toronto Fighting Turtles

Off season grade = A+

Key players in = McD, Backstrom, Dermott, Wennberg

Key players out = Konecny, Forsberg, White, Frolik, Fabbro, Seabrook

Trading away two first round picks plus Fabbro to acquire Backstrom was a bold move. Not many older second liners command such a huge price but Backstrom can still contribute at a high level. Wennberg and Dermott were low cost, low risk acquisitions that both could provide satisfying results. Then came the biggest trade of the offseason with the recent trade to acquire McDavid, this will be a big boon to the franchise. They have already sold out of the first batch of #97 jerseys in the first 24 hours since the trade. The GM had to part with three reliable young players so only time will tell how it pans out long term.

Season outlook = 7th (before McD trade)

Slow and steady is typically the motto for this GM, but don’t expect the team to be like that coming out of the gates on opening week. After adding McDavid and Backstrom, these punching turtles will be pounding teams round after round in a battle to be amongst the top tier. They are intent on wearing the championship belt after this aggressive off-season.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by WHLinsider View Post
    [FONT="][FONT="]Toronto Fighting Turtles[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="][FONT="][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT="]Off season grade = A+ [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="][FONT="][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT="]Key players in = McD, Backstrom, Dermott, Wennberg [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="][FONT="][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT="]Key players out = Konecny, Forsberg, White, Frolik, Fabbro, Seabrook [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="][FONT="][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT="]Trading away two first round picks plus Fabbro to acquire Backstrom was a bold move. Not many older second liners command such a huge price but Backstrom can still contribute at a high level. Wennberg and Dermott were low cost, low risk acquisitions that both could provide satisfying results. Then came the biggest trade of the offseason with the recent trade to acquire McDavid, this will be a big boon to the franchise. They have already sold out of the first batch of #97 jerseys in the first 24 hours since the trade. The GM had to part with three reliable young players so only time will tell how it pans out long term. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="][FONT="][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT="]Season outlook = 7th (before McD trade) [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="][FONT="][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]Slow and steady is typically the motto for this GM, but don’t expect the team to be like that coming out of the gates on opening week. After adding McDavid and Backstrom, these punching turtles will be pounding teams round after round in a battle to be amongst the top tier. They are intent on wearing the championship belt after this aggressive off-season. [/FONT]
    Turtles are indeed fighting!