Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1398

Thread: WHL (World Hockey League) - Settings / Inaug.Draft / Discussion

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: WHL (World Hockey League) - Settings / Inaug.Draft / Discussion

Braham Pietasters

Offseason grade = “C+”
    Key players out = None
    Key players in = None

It was a quiet offseason on the transaction front, leading to the C+ ranking, not a “D” only because they didn’t need to make any, with the team focused on celebrating, no significant moves were made.

The partying was not so quiet. Apparently the parties in Braham were elaborate and extensive, including a huge parade...there were a lot of pies being tasted during those celebrations. While nobody really knows where the city of Braham actually is....the GM has masterfully maneuvered around the salary cap, being able to avoid selling off any players due to cap constraints. Conversely, they also have very little space to make any significant additions.

Season outlook = 1st
    We will likely see our first back to back champs in the WHL this upcoming season barring injuries. The team is loaded to take another run at the league & playoff titles, with a young nucleus built around Barkov, Seguin, Gaudreau, Rakell, Mantha, S Jones, Krug among others. They are strong in all positions, with the only lack of quality being in their prospect pool due to the constant runs for the title. This may inhibit them from making any significant additions should they be hit with any injuries. This team is set to be among the elite for years to come. Happy times for the fans in Braham...wherever it is.
    Follow me @WHLrumourmill for rumblings from around the World Hockey League

Dobber Sports Padawan

very accurate insight here,

Big celebration today in Braham, Minnesota! The cup is at Pie day!
    http://www.pieday.com/

Hope to see you at the pie eating contest Insider! (if you can figure out where Braham is and all....)
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Administrator

A pie with a slice out of it also resembles a "C" if turned the right direction.

I'll see myself out.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    A pie with a slice out of it also resembles a "C" if turned the right direction.

I'll see myself out.

captaincy lettering!

And the missing piece if turned the right way! EUREKA!

New jersey design for the Pies!
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

District 5 Ducks

Off season grade = B-
    Key players out = DeBrusk, Haula, Cirelli
    Key players in = Gallagher, Kadri, Gostibehere, Saad

Ducks were active this off season, perhaps the most active GM in the WHL re-tooling their brood.

Despite trying to falsely enhance the perception of their offseason moves to the fanbase, they were promptly called out by a rival GM at the lack of inclusion of some of the key players traded out.

Ultimately the Ducks traded over 12 players and picks from their flock, and have (as expected) continued to increase the amount of Canadiens on the roster. It appears the Ducks GM hates draft picks, waiting to select until pick 191st overall in recent draft, and already has traded away 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2020. Despite all the moving pieces, fans can’t decide whether the teams’ direction is trying to rebuild or compete now.

Season outlook = 16th
    If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck....it’s a duck. The excitement of all the off seasons moves won’t mask the real colours of the feathers in the duck pond. After an early jump out of the gate...I suspect we see the ducks fly south for the winter. Fans may need to wait 1-2 more seasons before the Ducks contend for the top tier...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by WHLinsider View Post
    ]If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck....it’s a duck. The excitement of all the off seasons moves won’t mask the real colours of the feathers in the duck pond. After an early jump out of the gate...I suspect we see the ducks fly south for the winter. Fans may need to wait 1-2 more seasons before the Ducks contend for the top tier...
    I'll take it, was expecting a D for #Ducks
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

These are fantastic. Our own version of 31 in 31 only better and personally uplifting or gentle smack down (perhaps some more aggressive smackdowns coming. ��

Great work insider.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

These really are a great addition to the league. Nicely done Insider.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dryden Eagles

Off season grade = C+
    Key players out = Weber, Wahlstrom, Ferland, Skjel
    Key players in = Staal, Connor, Tuch, Leddy

The off season shuffle made by the Eagles will make them more competitive this year, but the jury is out on how much they’ve improved. Questions abound for the fans of the Eagles, one fan I interviewed on the streets of Dryden asked, “How can Tuch replicate his early 2018/19 scoring in a depth role after already seeing a big production drop after the Stone acquisition?” Then while I visited a lakeside cafe, a couple locals headed to the beach recognized me, and shared their concerns, “Will Jordan Staal maintain his consistent fantasy output while slipping down the depth chart in Carolina?” While the other fellow was debating the Connor trade....”Does Connor have another level or has he shown his peak?” While I chose not to discuss Connors’ “peak” in any detail...one can say there are many questions to be answered but one thing is for certain, the Eagle nest is no longer nestled near the bottom of the league.

Season outlook = 12th

The convocation of young forwards the Eagle GM has assembled is impressive, even moreso considering how awful the team was he took over. That young crop is a foundation that will take a big step forward this year setting their talons up into the Tier 2 group, but more time is needed to have those young pros emerge and flourish into bonefide fantasy assets. In the meantime, the GM will need to continue to uncover ways to build out the depth of the Eagles for them to soar to future WHL greatness.

Dobber Sports Veteran

How #Ducks feel about the #Eagles having a higher ranking season outlook.

https://youtu.be/0iAzMRKFX3c?t=93
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Stud

Accurate to say the least

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Good outlook for the Eagles.

Dobber Sports Stud

Looks like Edmonton is up next.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by WHLinsider View Post
    [FONT="][FONT="]Dryden Eagles[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="][FONT="][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT="]Off season grade = C+[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="][FONT="]Key players out = Weber, Wahlstrom, Ferland, Skjel[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="][FONT="]Key players in = Staal, Connor, Tuch, Leddy[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="][FONT="][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT="]The off season shuffle made by the Eagles will make them more competitive this year, but the jury is out on how much they’ve improved. Questions abound for the fans of the Eagles, one fan I interviewed on the streets of Dryden asked, “How can Tuch replicate his early 2018/19 scoring in a depth role after already seeing a big production drop after the Stone acquisition?” Then while I visited a lakeside cafe, a couple locals headed to the beach recognized me, and shared their concerns, “Will Jordan Staal maintain his consistent fantasy output while slipping down the depth chart in Carolina?” While the other fellow was debating the Connor trade....”Does Connor have another level or has he shown his peak?” While I chose not to discuss Connors’ “peak” in any detail...one can say there are many questions to be answered but one thing is for certain, the Eagle nest is no longer nestled near the bottom of the league. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="][FONT="][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT="]Season outlook = 12th [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="][FONT="][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]The convocation of young forwards the Eagle GM has assembled is impressive, even moreso considering how awful the team was he took over. That young crop is a foundation that will take a big step forward this year setting their talons up into the Tier 2 group, but more time is needed to have those young pros emerge and flourish into bonefide fantasy assets. In the meantime, the GM will need to continue to uncover ways to build out the depth of the Eagles for them to soar to future WHL greatness.[/FONT]
    Feels both too optimistic and too pessimistic at the same time. Only a C+ but I'm supposed to rise up to 12th? Does the Insider know of some acquisitions that I've yet to make? I won't quibble with the grade as I struck out on a lot of the big names to move this summer but it seems too high a finish. 12th is probably the high water mark for the Eagles as currently constructed.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thought it would be fun to have a look back at my draft. Here we go!

Pick 1-2: Kaapo Kakko
    Duh. The lottery had been cruel to me the last couple of years in this league but it was kind this year and I'm pumped to have KK on my team. Wonderful name, as well.

Pick 1-15: Philip Tomasino
    Reallllly tough one here – had been hoping one of Krebs or Kaliyev’s ilk would be available here but no such luck, leaving me without an obvious choice. Strongly considered Knight but that’s such a long wait with Bob there and goalies are voodoo anyway. Almost went with York but I preferred going with a forward, Tomasino seemed like a solid choice with some upside but also a decently high floor.

Picks 2-4, 2-5: Pavel Dorofeyev, Patrik Puistola
    Taking a swing on upside here with these fellas. I’d never heard of Dorofeyev until draft day basically but felt like he was a guy I really wanted to own here, same with Puistola. Had really been hoping that Isac Lundestrom was going to be available but he was snatched up at 1-24, the first redrafted player.

Pick 2-10: Philip Broberg
    I know he was a bit of a divisive pick by the Oilers taking him so high at 8th overall but absolutely love the value of getting him this late in the draft. If the Oil don’t screw up his development I think he’ll be a very solid player.

Pick 2-15: Samuel Poulin
    Felt that Poulin was the best available forward on the board. Was aiming for Simon Holmstrom but he went a few picks before I had the chance to grab him.

Pick 2-20: Yegor Afanasyev
    Looks like the theme of my 2nd round was all about wingers with some upside, outside of the Broberg pick. Surely one of these guys must hit, right? Right???

Pick 3-8: Jared McIsaac
    Happy to get Jared here, I think he’ll be a solid contributor for DET in a few years.

Later picks: Aleksi Saarela (5-19), Tuuka Tieksola (7-19), Joni Ikonen (8-5), Arseny Gritsyuk (9-5), Mattias Norlinder (9-7), Dustin Wolf (10-5)

Overall pretty happy with the first few rounds. I feel like KK, Tomasino, Broberg and McIsaac are going to have good-to-great careers and now I'm hoping at least one of the swings I took on wingers (winger swingers?) in the 2nd round will be rewarded in the years to come.