Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35 75 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1398

Thread: WHL (World Hockey League) - Settings / Inaug.Draft / Discussion

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: WHL (World Hockey League) - Settings / Inaug.Draft / Discussion

Woohoo!
    New GM to be invited shortly.

June: Rules Discussion Month
    July: Trading Re-Opens... at some point (depends on NHL lottery discussion and "Phase 2" draft).
    August 15(ish): Prospect Draft

And... starting June1, I'll open up a fun discussion thread here on the forums:
    "The WHL: A 5-Year Rewind - Discussion of Draft Picks, Trades, and GM Drama".

We can revisit a full 5 years of moments in the league.
    Great chance for all of us to poke fun at ourselves and others!!!

STAY TUNED!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

New GM better be ready for an interview.....
    Follow me @WHLrumourmill for rumblings from around the World Hockey League

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by WHLinsider View Post
    New GM better be ready for an interview.....
    Oh he's ready!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Is there a waiting list for this league?! Looks like a really fun one

Dobber Sports Stud

its kinda #meh.. bunch of #noobs. frivolous #trading... you know,,#bushleague

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Initiate

not sure if there is a waiting list but the league does not lose many GM per season if any. Generally speaking the league maybe loses 1 GM a year. The league is run very well and has a great group of guys! Don't listen to #GinFizz #sarcasm.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Stud

#yessarcasm #Supersoft'20-21

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Veteran

HOCKEY’S BACK BABY!

Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    HOCKEY’S BABY!
    ....huh?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Haha missed a word there lol
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Welcome @eskimobrother. It’s about damn time! Ohhhh... AND... I don’t own Josi in this league... so have at him! ��

But seriously, happy to have you aboard Alex! Anyone listen to Laidlaw’s podcast(s) where McLean is guest? I think We’re all in for some trouble!

My capped accountant is now against me!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Just need an email address from EB and he'll be joining the league.
    I'll start a league thread on Fantrax site, throw a comment on there to welcome (or jeer) him! LOL.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Just need an email address from EB and he'll be joining the league.
    I'll start a league thread on Fantrax site, throw a comment on there to welcome (or jeer) him! LOL.
    More likely jeer haha.

Looking forward to joining up. And thanks for the welcome Havana!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Welcome to our newest GM, EB of the newly relocated Thornhill Rebels....

We have to start with how you decided on the profile name Eskimo Brother....?
    I was playing on a summer hockey team in 2015 where we made a logo of a stick man standing at centre ice with his stick upside down for the face-off, and called ourselves the Dippin' Sticks. We pulled off one of those seasons where you lose every game until playoffs (everyone makes playoffs) then came together and won it all. For next year someone had the genius idea of putting a second guy with an upside-down stick on the other side of our logo for the face-off, and then calling ourselves the Eskimo Brothers. I had no idea what it meant at the time, but the logo was still entertaining to me.

Also in the summer of 2015, after perusing the forums for a few months or so, I decided to make an account, but wanted it to be hockey related in my mind. The first two or three ideas I had were taken, so I ended up falling back to Eskimo Brother as it just popped into my head and wasn’t taken. I didn’t imagine it becoming so well known that it would matter what name I picked! Looked up what it meant a few weeks later, and had a great laugh about it.

What made you select Thornhill Rebels as the team name?
    The Thornhill Rebels are the NYHL team that I grew up playing for. I was on the team for eight years straight, and we had about 10 of us that were there for those entire eight years. It’s one of my go-to hockey team names because it reminds me of a lot of good hockey memories, and it’s fun to still be a part of the Rebels “team”.

What got you into fantasy hockey?
    Sticking with the Rebels, we had a hockey pool fundraiser for our team every year, and I enjoyed keeping track of the standings so much the first year that I ended up doing a lot of research the following summer to try and get myself farther up the standings and maybe win a bit of the pot. The following year I pegged a big breakout by Claude Giroux, and he was a big part in me coming third. I only did that one for a few years, but when I went away to university in 2012, my floormates and I started a couple of Yahoo pools. I finished first in two out of three of them, and from there I was hooked. Was in five pools the next year, eight the year after that...

What made you decide to join the WHL?
    Joining the WHL made a lot of sense as a cap league fanatic. It has the size and settings layout to be interesting and competitive, while having an excellent set of reviews from the GMs in the league. I think it was that combination of competition and entertainment value that enticed me.

Do you have a strategy for your new team in the WHL that you would like to share?
    My general strategy is to start moving up the standings and hopefully win some of my money back by year two in the league. Hoping to take advantage of some cap related research on my end to make up some ground. The team I took over has some good pieces, but a long way to go. I think stocking up with some depth on defence is one of my first goals here. Ironically enough that may start with moving Klingberg.

What other leagues are you in?
    A couple of years ago I really cut down the number of leagues I was in (I think it was almost up to 20). Now I am a part of two cap leagues, the WHL and the UHL, as well as four Yahoo leagues (PQMC & Dobber Expert - DobberHockey groups / Two simple leagues I run with friends of mine from university), and I join the occasional charity box pool when they come up too.

How do you like the first few days in the league?
    I’m enjoying the first few days. The Fantrax chat box is tough as it deletes your message history after a point (I think it’s based on a number of messages but I haven’t checked) so keeping track of preliminary trade discussions has been interesting. On the flip side, it’s nice to have a spot like that for back and forth with the entire league. The league management seems to be clear and on top of things, and that is always important. I’m enjoying the league depth, and having some new GMs to talk hockey with, especially at such a slow sports time.

What interests do you have outside of fantasy hockey?
    Outside of hockey I like to cook (pizza from scratch for dinner tonight), read (currently halfway through the first game of Thrones book), explore the outdoors (have an annual camping trip 20 years running with my dad and brother through Algonquin Park), and play games (though I’m more inclined to board games than video games). And I guess spending time with my wife as well!

What is one real world accomplishment (non fantasy hockey) you are proud of?
    I am about three weeks away from applying for my Professional Engineering License. It encompasses my ability to solve problems, which is just something I’m proud of about me as a person. I know there are a few other PEng’s in our league too, so I think that fits in well.

What is your current occupation and how did you get into it?
    That leads into the next question I guess haha. I work for the Ministry of Transportation, and have for the last three years. It started early with the Lego and train sets I played with as a kid, and I just always liked building things. Civil Engineering just made so much sense, that I don’t think I ever seriously saw myself doing anything else.

A question from your fellow GM....

From Fresno GM, it’s early but how does WHL stack up compared to your other leagues?
    I think it’s very comparable to the UHL at this point (which makes sense as I think it was based on the UHL), though a little less strict as there’s a higher cap and contracts can be dropped without penalty. As for the others I have, the PQMC is the closest. It’s on par in terms of team size and entertainment value, but that is only 12 teams and not a cap league, so a different style of depth.

From Andy, what’s your go to meal to cook? And have you ever had Eskimo
    Pie?
    My favourites to make are French toast, pizza, and anything pasta related. My favourite pasta dish is a sundried tomato pesto pasta with roast chicken and peppers. If I’m having lunch at home then my go to simple meal is a bagel topped with some salsa and mozzarella cheese, and then broiled in the oven. I also make a killer chocolate lava cake, which I think is part of the reason my wife married me.

I had to look up what an Eskimo Pie was and despite a few different results I’m answering under the assumption you meant the Nestle ice-cream popsicle things. I don’t think I have had one of those specifically, but I have had very similar ones. That being said, I prefer my cold dessert to either be ice cream on its own, or a fruity popsicle – not something in between.

From Chad, what’s been your favourite part about being in hockey pools? The trades, the chats, watching hockey every night?
    I think you answered part of it in the question already. The trades and comradery are an excellent part. The watching hockey I do anyways, but the fantasy aspect is another fun layer to it. I think it boils down to being a combination of my favourite sport with some numbers and negotiations thrown in. What’s not to like?

You can now ask me one question....
    No idea what to ask, so we’ll pull something out of left field. If you could go back to high-school and change one thing, what would it be and why?

To have shorter school days to spend more time on more enjoyable endeavours.....

Dobber Sports Titan

Seems like a bit of a cop out answer from the insider, but I guess I should have expected that from someone so secretive