Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rizzo trade

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Rizzo trade

Hey Guys,

At 3B I have Donaldson, Franco and Sano who is taking up my minors spot.

I actually prefer Sano over Franco so wouldn't mind sliding him into the U spot.
    Only have 1 spot for either franco or Sano in the only U spot. Donaldson isn't going anywhere for now.

The Rizzo owner LOVES Sano...he has said earlier that it would take a super stud of mine to land Rizzo.

Meanwhile moreland and MOrales for me are doing similar numbers as his Rizzo.

Forget rizzo? I've offered Sano and Moreland for Rizzo and LAD SS Seager.

good bad?

all opinions welcome on the value of Rizzo vs Sano and moreland kendry Morales etc
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rizzo trade

What’s your categories? H2H or Roto? Are you a winning team now or later? I got Rizzo in a trade for Stanton and seems like Rizzo is average in every category I use (Runs, RBIs, HR, SB, Avg, OPS). He won’t be leading the league in any of the categories, but he’ll chip in on them all.

I feel like he would be a better add in H2H than Roto. He’s on pace if he plays 150G (pretty fair guess) for:
    162/544(0.298), 84Runs, 28HR, 84RBIs, 21SB (9Caught), 78Walks, and 80SO. His OPS will be in the 900s easily.
    Rizzo contributes to everything, but he won’t win you a week on his own. He’s a very safe player to have. At 1B, he’s a great player to have in a keeper (ranked as high as best 1B keeper wise), so at 25yrs young he can only get better.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah 1B is so deep...I really only want Rizzo as a keeper if he's going to be ELITE. ANother owner is coming at me large with Abreu and Cueto for too much but basically Sano, Franco, Cain and Moreland is who I'm thinking of countering with. Moreland is producing about the same as Rizzo and Abreu without as many runs scored.

He wanted Lackey and Samarjica instead of MOreland basically.

what you think now olympic Gold? Is Sano going to be a beast or is he going to settle down like Franco has....solid player but not elite elite.

Dobber Sports Titan

The only way I’d be getting Abreu would be if I was planning on flipping him instantly. He’s having a bad yr this yr and I don’t see him heating up the 2nd half. If you want him for next yr go get him, but he’ll be a downgrade for the price you’re paying. The Yahoo O-Rank of 7 (I think) is the only thing holding his value right now.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Apparently a guy on pace for 25HR, 90RBI, a .290 avg and .340 OBP is having a bad year...

Moreland is not even close to being in the same class as Rizzo or Abreu. Moreland is barely in Sano's class and he's an unproven rookie. Baseball is a long season and it's only half-way over. Guys go on hot streaks like Moreland all the time. Some fade and some stay hot and breakout slightly. Moreland is a guy who doesn't project to hit much better than .260 in a full season.

I don't know how deep your league is or how many guys you keep but guys like Moreland, Morales, etc. are waiver fodder. They are practically un-trade-able in a competitive league because everyone knows their streak is going to end.

Now Sano and Seager are in the same class. Two young, studly rookies who should take the league by storm over the next 3 years and become Top 75 fantasy players.

Rizzo and Abreu are top 25 overall players and have already proven their ability with a far larger sample size than any of the above players mentioned.

Rizzo is one of the best all around players in fantasy baseball and is only a slight tier below Goldschmidt (the best player in the game). If the Cubs had any kind of consistency, Rizzo would be a beast right now.

If you offered me that trade and I owned Rizzo and Seager, I wouldn't even bother countering because it's not close.

Sano = Seager in most keepers

Rizzo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Moreland
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Titan

A guy in his first season hit 176/556, 80runs, 33HRs, 107RBIs, 3sb(negligible), 0.317, and 0.964OPS.

This yr he’s having a 165/556, 86run, 24HR, 76RBI, 0.296, 0.835OPS pace actually. Not something I’m liking for a guy who has such a high price. I much rather Braun for like half the price. In a vacuum, yes, he’s having a good yr. But for a first round pick I haven’t been impressed especially with how much people hyped the guy. You can say his value has dropped because the CWS suck, but that’s just part of the game. Edwin Encarnacion only has value because of the team he’s on, any other team he’d be drafted a lot later.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    A guy in his first season hit 176/556, 80runs, 33HRs, 107RBIs, 3sb(negligible), 0.317, and 0.964OPS.

This yr he’s having a 165/556, 86run, 24HR, 76RBI, 0.296, 0.835OPS pace actually. Not something I’m liking for a guy who has such a high price. I much rather Braun for like half the price. In a vacuum, yes, he’s having a good yr. But for a first round pick I haven’t been impressed especially with how much people hyped the guy. You can say his value has dropped because the CWS suck, but that’s just part of the game. Edwin Encarnacion only has value because of the team he’s on, any other team he’d be drafted a lot later.
    Thats 11 hits off his pace last year.... I think he is the same person (talent wise) as his numbers for his 2nd half last year. Id rather Abreu over Braun...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Thats 11 hits off his pace last year.... I think he is the same person (talent wise) as his numbers for his 2nd half last year. Id rather Abreu over Braun...
    With 30rbis off. If I could get Braun + for Abreu, I’d take that. But straight up for the two, I obviously rather Abreu, I just don’t think he’s as good as his ADP and how much people value him.

I see him as like J. Quick in hockey last yr, he was a 2nd round pick in a lot of 1yr leagues. Alone he’s obviously a good player, just not worth his ADP. His reputation/hype is bigger than his production.

Dobber Sports Stud

With 30rbis off. If I could get Braun + for Abreu, I’d take that. But straight up for the two, I obviously rather Abreu, I just don’t think he’s as good as his ADP and how much people value him.

I see him as like J. Quick in hockey last yr, he was a 2nd round pick in a lot of 1yr leagues. Alone he’s obviously a good player, just not worth his ADP. His reputation/hype is bigger than his production.
    We should be looking at who is not getting on base in front of him more than his skills as a hitter. but I get your point..

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    We should be looking at who is not getting on base in front of him more than his skills as a hitter. but I get your point..
    that's why i said in a vacuum Abreu is good. Meaning just judging him. But team they play on plays a big part in their numbers. Edwin wouldn't be nearly as good if he wasn't on the jays/hitting in that diviision.

Where are those projected stats coming from? ESPN has him as: 94run, 26HR, 87RBI, 0.296avg, 0.835OPS (although they don't project average and OPS). Those numbers are based on his current pace...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/33095/jose-abreu
    Keepers:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TheNugeCooge View Post
    Where are those projected stats coming from? ESPN has him as: 94run, 26HR, 87RBI, 0.296avg, 0.835OPS (although they don't project average and OPS). Those numbers are based on his current pace...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/33095/jose-abreu
    If you look very closely after his numbers I’ve hidden the word PACE.

I don’t like using projections off websites because all they are is his projections at the beginning of the yr, formulated over the final games remaining. A good example would be Cano. You don’t expect him to turn it around this yr, but Yahoo (or ESPN) has it as a very good second half of the yr (his pergame projections at the beginning of the yr).

If you look very closely after his numbers I’ve hidden the word PACE.

I don’t like using projections off websites because all they are is his projections at the beginning of the yr, formulated over the final games remaining. A good example would be Cano. You don’t expect him to turn it around this yr, but Yahoo (or ESPN) has it as a very good second half of the yr (his pergame projections at the beginning of the yr).
    Well the numbers on ESPN's player pages are PROJECTED PACE. The PACE you posted above assumes Abreu misses about 10 games more than he is currently on PACE to miss, hence why I asked where you are getting your numbers from because that makes no sense.

And actually I would expect Cano to turn it around this year. Not to become a second round pick value but he's certainly better than he has shown so far this season.
    Keepers:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TheNugeCooge View Post
    Well the numbers on ESPN's player pages are PROJECTED PACE. The PACE you posted above assumes Abreu misses about 10 games more than he is currently on PACE to miss, hence why I asked where you are getting your numbers from because that makes no sense.

And actually I would expect Cano to turn it around this year. Not to become a second round pick value but he's certainly better than he has shown so far this season.
    At this point it’s just an opinion battle.

To the OP. Rizzo is a good starting block foundation guy. He covers a lot of categories and is one of the guys where you check your night before and will see 1/3, rbi, and a run minimum kinda idea. It’s rare to see him with a 3/3, 2HR, 4RBI kinda night, but you will rarely see a 0/5 night. If you can get Sano+Moreland for Rizzo, I’d be all over that for you.

Dobber Sports Genius

At this point it’s just an opinion battle.

To the OP. Rizzo is a good starting block foundation guy. He covers a lot of categories and is one of the guys where you check your night before and will see 1/3, rbi, and a run minimum kinda idea. It’s rare to see him with a 3/3, 2HR, 4RBI kinda night, but you will rarely see a 0/5 night. If you can get Sano+Moreland for Rizzo, I’d be all over that for you.
    I have Moreland and Sano. he doesn't want moreland. He wants Sano but with more for Rizzo....his latest that he withdrew after offering was Richards, Sano, Brantley for Rizzo and iwakuma.

- - - Updated - - -

I just look at the 1B position and from top to bottom there isn't a huge difference in halfway production. By end of year it might be different but....

Someone was trying to tell me to trade Donaldson and keep Sano. Seems like crazy talk. Sano might be good but Donaldson is top10 hitter in league no?