Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The brand new Rubber Ducky league seeking responsible GM's :)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default The brand new Rubber Ducky league seeking responsible GM's :)

Howdy,

Seeking those tired and weary of immature, hubristic, destructive behavior willing to help create a home for hockey as hockey strong as it is fun! =) because of GM’s with not just good hockey sense but good general sense, instinctual respect, as much responsible execution in fantasy as they carry any where else in their lives. All to the end of creating a pleasant environment to participate in and enjoy some hockey without having to hand hold adults to what should have been instilled in them long ago.

7 years of fantasy sports/hockey dude attempting to create a league for the first time because I’m tired of running into walls of immaturity, discourtesy and poor hockey decisions, ie: Bettmantosis. This will be a place void of the nonsense that most leagues have experienced and have grown epically plagued, with varying degrees of rude behavior and overall immaturity.

I firmly believe a league of good folk runs itself with very precious little effort – most if not all of the effort toward purely administrative stuff.

Started the search last night (10 July 2015), 4 confirms - 4 declines - 1 considering and 6 yet to respond. Aiming for 16-20 GM’s but 14 will suffice if enough interest isn’t garnered in coming 2-3 months. The search will be kept to dobber’s classifieds initially & posted up on the Fantrax and HF Boards in the weeks ahead . If any signee is particularly kool, perhaps an extension invite to their family/friends.

I’ve played hockey and been a fan since 1987. involved with fantasy hockey since 2007, - 1 league now into our 6th – co-commishing there since last season . Also commished football because no one in my clip of friends would and I really wanted to play – 12 team league. Experienced with upto 20 teams within salary cap – H2H and points formats, dynasty and 1 year leagues.

The hockey portion of the foundation will be “real feel “ hockey experience – Recreating as much of real life hockey as possibly can be done in a virtual world sans the ice showers but feel free to conduct your own ice bucket challenges suggest not doing so with Ronda Rousey without her permission unless you enjoy the wrong end of an ambulance ride..

Format - , H2H, dynasty, possibly a sal-cap league if everyone is craving more hockey, if not non-sal cap dynasty will be the order . Free league – hosted by the good folk at Fantrax.

Aiming for the 16-20 GM range, 14 will suffice the interest isn’t there. 5-6 round entry draft - unless people crave more 

All assets will be tradeable including the waiver priority, which would have to be done manually if we use a once per week pickup style. Choose what ever team name ya like up to very light vulgarity ie: jackasses

Positions - 3C – 3 at each wing, 3 F - 6 D, probably 2 goalies. If folks prefer 4 at each forward position maybe we’ll do that

Scoring - typical points distribution and cats plus - hits – blocks – PIMS - faceoffs - take/give, +/- - - wins – save %-shutouts – probably shots against. And bonus for any GM with players 6’7 and over (just goofin’  )

We’ll do some year end award stuff, pre-seaons predictions and if everyone is really clamoring for it, perhaps take up a collection to ship a trophy to the champ. A rubber ducky (not goofin’  )

I’m seeking create as much of a “real –feel” hockey experience as can be had in “fantasy” hockey. The plus/minus will be set low to emphasize the player more rather than tying him to the rest of the team since the plus/minus is more a team stat than individual and since we are not drafting entire teams the Pens squad , Sens etc. we’ll limit the affect teammates of have on the players we have on our teams.

What will not be tolerated
    ignoring emails – offers or any other correspondence. If Marc Bergavin picks up a phone and calls Lou Lamoriello, that call Is returned if not taken immediately, same will be here – leeway here til it becomes frequent enough to create a pattern
    Rude/ immature conduct – attacking comments – GM’s displaying a short pattern of this will be booted
    Collusion, tanking and any other method of cheating – have rules from the other league ready to go here

The foundation here is like any other, if the materials are weak the house will fall into a hole. Traits good character, well reasoning, practical thinking though not as important, is of near equal importance to hockey savvy.

If you’re new to fantasy hockey that’s kool too, you’re welcome – we’ll help ya out with homework websites and what ever else is necessary to get ya running on your own into the wonderful culture of hockey . We all start some where  - as long as you’re well intentioned, honest, you’re the kind of person that will underpin and will help create a terrific league.

If you’re yearning for a fun place to enjoy friendship, hockey, lighthearted stuff, this league has a place for you at the table. But aahhhh..gotta bring yer own chair for now, we’re a little short funded ‘round here unless you don’t mind sitting on broken milk crates for awhile.

Contact me with any questions, concerns, stuff I’ve overlooked and any thing else on your mind. Prefer response to my private email than here on the board.

If there’s enough interest to get off the ground we’ll all figure out when to hold the inaugural and then the entry drafts

Rules packet will be sent upon request – will need little tweaking for sal-cap stuff. If the league is a go we will all be able to input the finer points, final touches and tweaks.

Thanks for your attention – John Davidson for NHL President!

Tony - [email protected]

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: The brand new Rubber Ducky league seeking responsible GM's :)

Just a little update to the Rubber Ducky seeking wind to sustain her wings, the count is up to 8 interested in 2 days. See what happens...

If anyone is interested but isn't sure I'm glad to send updates or else check here, I'll try to get an update posted every 2-3 days barring any thing that warrants an immediate mention to would be readers.

Tony

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We're holding firm with 8 confirms. Posted up at HF Boards now and Fantrax as soon as they figure out what they're doing.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

GM count is up to 11 GM's, not too shabby for a 1st week - 18 would be a nice number of folk to set camp with. See how well it holds in the weeks ahead.

Quack-quack,

Tony [email protected]

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Hansons Rule View Post

What will not be tolerated
    ignoring emails – offers or any other correspondence.
    Is it okay to call at 3am and talk trade! If so, this is my kind of league! Let meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee know!

Seriously, might be interested. Will send you a PM!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Up to 13 now - including myself whom I'd been forgetting lol Im sorry to those who've been sending PM's here on the board. I visit the site often but don't login much. They keep moving the user options around and idk where anything is lol.

Please use my personal email - [email protected] but I will respond to your PM's here soon as I find them.

JimmyCanuck - absolutely! thats the passion. We've a Johnny Canuck interested - hmmm

<< this guy says it all

Quote Originally Posted by Hansons Rule View Post
    JimmyCanuck - absolutely! thats the passion. We've a Johnny Canuck interested - hmmm
    We have the same Dad, but different Moms. It's complicated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Howdy folks,

Up to 14 plus 4 insterested that came in today I'm currently responding to. After a couple of email exchanges with them and if interest keeps as well as it's been this first week, the league may be set up this weekend with 20 GM's.

Jimmy Canuck - its a crazy world! You guys are all over the place!

Updates to continue,

Tony [email protected]

Dobber Sports Prodigy

18 - possibly 19

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Howdy folks,

Currently sitting @ 18 interested in the Duck - rules are email ready & sent to those 18

Rock on!

Hey Hansons Rule, I'm interested in this league, my e-mail is [email protected] thanks!!
    Keep 3, points only (1pt g/a, 2pts win/shutout), $130 for 13 players
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G ... 1 rookie

C: Getzlaf ($26), Johansen ($23)
    LW: Huberdeau ($8), Skinner ($3)
    RW: Seguin ($11), Zuccarello ($2)
    D: Werenski ($4), Dumba ($3), Provorov ($3), Pulock ($1)
    Util: Johansen ($23)
    G: Talbot ($4), Lehner
    IR: Tarasenko ($1)

Keeper
    Rookie

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Tossed ya an email

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Howdy Folks,

There be 1 more space available for that special special person who wants to Captain their own ship for many years on the high seas of the Duck Pond. One last berth before we set sail into the Drafts.

Tony [email protected]

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think we're filled .. keep ya posted

Dobber Sports Prodigy

To be clear, this is not a salary cap. Just had a GM quit cause he thought it was.

There is one spot available, all ready to start the first draft soon as a kool person is found. Prospects' to piggyback draft.

Tony [email protected]

Rules upon request and please hit me with any concerns, questions etc.