Thread: Where do you find your football info?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Where do you find your football info?

Hey guys,

I'm new to the fantasy football scene. First keeper league draft coming up in september! We're a 10-team league and doing a snake draft.

I'm drafting 1st overall and I would like to get prepared to at least find 6 good keepers this year. I know close to nothing and will use this year for learning mostly. But I don't want to mess up this draft and be dead last for a couple of years.

So my questions are:

1- Where do you get your info online other than Dobber?

2- Where do yo find your projections?

3- Do you buy any guides out there?

I'll be back later this summer looking for help on that 1st pick and overall drafting strategy.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Where do you find your football info?

Tons of sites on the web will give you info on rankings, not only for your regular draft but also for prospects. Just google something like fantasy football draft rankings 2015 or something along that measure.

Bomm Bastic on here is also a great source to bounce ideas off, and of course his columns are solid too.

dynastynerds.com

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/

http://www.fantasypros.com/
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Rotoworld is what I use for everything other than hockey. I’m still a baby when it comes to fantasy football, even though I’ve been playing it the longest. Baseball and hockey come easy for me because you can project breakouts easier, football almost is like a crapshoot and I don’t get yet how people find some of these great players.

Rotoworld and Bleacher Report is what I go to. However, read the comments on BR before you read the article. People will say if it’s garbage or a good article.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

#awkward

JK... ideally, MK, you only need one source for all of your fantasy football needs. But that's usually not advised nor realistic. Seeking out multiple resources is a great way to compare and contrast opinions when attempting to research your own ideas. Also, with the number of fantasy formats out there like, PPR, best ball, super flex, dfs, auction... it's really tough to find just one source that covers all your needs.

My advice is follow the leads already provided here, then when on those sites look for the names those editors continually cite to for their info and/or interviews. Follow the trail, continue this pattern and before you know it you'll have a library of info at your disposal.

Of course, I would humbled to assist w/any of your questions or concerns - here or twitter.

Good luck!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

Thanks guys.

So far I've been taking my information here (reading the MMQB and Quick Hit articles) and on CBS Sports (where our league is).

Right now I don't want too much information, as I'm new at this and it's a lot to take in. I'll probably stick to what I've been doing and add along the way. But it's good to know what others with more experience are doing.

Dobber Sports Titan

This site has gotten a lot better over the last yr, but I have found this to be the best hockey forum, and others take a lot of factors into account when it comes to football. Nothing against what is said here, but the amount of users here that do/follow football fantasy are a fraction of other forums.

On Sunday at 9am, another site will have tons of activity and posts about weather, and how certain players perform in said weather. Here, not so much, and that’s just based on activity.

With baseball, there will be live comments on top players games, and it’ll say like man what a swing, he hit to the warning track twice, and things like that. Think about hockey player threads activity here, and you get that with like every player in baseball and football in other forums.

The MMQB is a solid tool tho.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Rotoworld and Evan Silva. With respect to everyone at dobberfootball, he's the king.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Most people use rotoworld and/or the site that hosts their league. To gain an advantage, use fantasysharks.com. It's pretty good and free. Or pay and use footballguys.com. They have the best forums (free) and easily the best fantasy football writers on staff. And they finish at the top of industry rankings every year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Checkout fantasyrundown.com

Has daily updates for any fantasy football news as well as a rankings page from all sites.
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post
    Checkout fantasyrundown.com

Has daily updates for any fantasy football news as well as a rankings page from all sites.
    I like this site. I used it for baseball this year as I didn't have a go-to site so it allowed me to pick and choose topics/articles that interested me the most.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Advice: Make as many lists as you can and combine them all.. Go into your draft fully prepared!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..