Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 30 team - Brand New - Fantasy Draft - Full Dynasty League - Salary Cap

Dobber Sports Novice

Default 30 team - Brand New - Fantasy Draft - Full Dynasty League - Salary Cap

OK boys, I know I'm not a veteran of the boards here, but I've been playing fantasy hockey for 20 years now.
    I really miss the challenge of a full 30 team league. And I figure its a good time of year to get one going.

A few things for sure.

30 teams - and when the NHL expands in real life - we expand the exact same time.

Fantasy Draft - Any player drafted into the NHL will be available to be drafted. We keep on drafting until the NHL and AHL(minor league) rosters are full.

Full Dynasty - You keep the players you draft, unless you choose not to re-sign them before they become UFA's. Only during an expansion will you be forced to protect only a certain amount of players.

Salary Cap - Salary Cap and player salaries will be the exact same as they are in the real NHL.

This league is going to run on Fantrax.

Roster size is going to be the exact same as NHL rules. Teams have four different “roster” limits to balance under the league’s regulations; a 20-player “dressed list” for games, a 23-player active NHL roster, a 50-contract maximum, and a 90-player maximum reserve list.

Its going to be a free league. I'm personally paying for the $80 premium Fantrax subscription. And I'll get the Cup winner an NHL jersey of their favorite current NHL player.

Its going to be a Head-2-Head, weighted scoring

We will do a live draft for the first 5 rounds? maybe. If anyone can't make it just send in a list.
    If we can't get enough guys in for the live draft then we will do a slow draft.
    Draft order will be determined randomly on Fantrax.

Prospect Draft will happen every off-season except the inaugural year.

Anyone interested or have any questions go to http://ffnhl.boards.net/ and check it out.

Last edited by SnakeEyes; July 28, 2015 at 4:39 PM. Reason: font size

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: 30 team - Brand New - Fantasy Draft - Full Dynasty League - Salary Cap

whoa I can't believe how much interest there is in a new dynasty league. LOL

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: 30 team - Brand New - Fantasy Draft - Full Dynasty League - Salary Cap

PM sent

Dobber Sports Novice

OK, just hammering out all the rules and setting up the Fantrax system this weekend.
    I'll have a link up sunday night at 10:00pm Eastern Time zone (Toronto time) when you can sign up and pick your team.
    Getting the team you want will be first come, first serve.
    Once we have all 30 signed up, I'll put all the teams in a hat to set the draft order.
    I've got 12 GMs already committed.

Dobber Sports Stud

Can't wait snake
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Novice

OK the main board is up http://ffnhl.boards.net/

The rules are up as well. If the majority has a major problem with something then we will take a vote.

Go here to get a team - http://ffnhl.boards.net/board/3/pick-team

Fantasy Fanatics National Hockey League

Dobber Sports Novice

Ok guys I'm almost done finishing up the FANTRAX site setup. I should have it done by tomorrow. So, sign up now if you are up for a REAL challenge.

Dobber Sports Novice

OK guys. I worked out the kinks and now the FANTRAX site is setup.
    So go here and sign up by picking a team. http://ffnhl.boards.net/board/3/pick-team

Then I'll send you a link to get into the FANTRAX site.

Dobber Sports Novice

The name of our league is the FFNHL.
    Its listed on FANTRAX under FFNHL now
    So anyone already on FANTRAX can sign up.
    We still have teams available

Its a FREE league. I've already paid for the PREMIUM LEAGUE on FANTRAX.
    The winnner gets an NHL jersey at the end of the year.
    So, if you want to test your hockey IQ come and sign up

Dobber Sports Novice

Signed up

Dobber Sports Padawan

Signed up! Excited to be a part of the squad

Dobber Sports Novice

Super Glad to have all of you...its awesome seeing all the signups in the last couple of days.

If anyone else out there wants to sign up, hurry up so you can still get a team that you like.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes View Post
    Super Glad to have all of you...its awesome seeing all the signups in the last couple of days.

If anyone else out there wants to sign up, hurry up so you can still get a team that you like.
    Yes. Good stuff. I see you're up to 22 out of 30 teams. Although I can't commit to another deep league as such, the setup looks good and I'd recommend anyone looking for a full 30 team dynasty to check this league out.

Good stuff and good luck with the future of this league.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks rainy, I really appreciate that. I'll do my best to walk the fine line between keeping everyone happy and doing what is best for the continued success of the league.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes View Post
    Thanks rainy, I really appreciate that. I'll do my best to walk the fine line between keeping everyone happy and doing what is best for the continued success of the league.
    I'd love to sign up...directions please!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

i really want to join the league....what should i do?
    Scoring Cats:
    F: 1G + 1A(top 6) Oshie, Tarasenko, Zibanejad, Vrbata, van Riemsdyk, Okposo
    D: 2G + 1.5A(top 4) Murray, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Shattenkirk
    R: 1.5G + 1.5A(1) 3rd overall pick
    PF: 1G + 1A + PIM/5(1) Backes
    SN: 2G(1) Seguin
    SM: 1.5A(1) Schwartz
    G: 2W + L/2 + 1OTL + 3SO + SV/75 + GA/25(top 2) Bryzgalov, Halak, Poulin, Ramo
    Farm: Gormley, Jensen, Vasilevski, Dansk, Dekeyser, Maatta