Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Anybody up for a NEW 2015-2016 Keeper League?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Anybody up for a NEW 2015-2016 Keeper League?

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    This league sounds awesome but after giving it some thought, I don't think I'll have enough time to commit to it so I'm unfortunately going to have to back out. Best of luck to everyone, I'm sure it will be a blast.
    Pengwin, would be interested in joining this league if there is a spot for another. PM me if you get a chance. Although I rarely post, I'm a longtime dobber hockey member and dedicated poolie looking for 1 more keeper league. Right now I'm in one other keeper (we are going into season #7) and would love to go up against some of the best around here.

I realize I may be too late (have been away from Internet on vacation) but if there is a spot that opens up I'd be thrilled to join. I'm flexible on drafting and am good for the entry fees.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for considering me for the league. I would still be interested if it were FULL DYNASTY but not otherwise. Thanks and good luck

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm looking for 4 more to drop out.... cmon guys I know you can do it..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

1. For an August/September slow-draft, what time of day are you available to type out a draft pick? Able to draft any time, outside of like 1AM-7AM ET.

2. Do you have any issue pre-paying $50 before draft?
    ​Nope, works for me.
    DobberProspects Writer: The Journey, Follow @kleblanchockey

WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)

Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Cleveland Barons
    C(3): Kopitar, Brassard, J.Staal
    LW(3): Schwartz, Ladd, Skinner
    RW(3): Frolik, Michalek, Wingels
    F(3): Michalek, Josefson, Tlusty
    D(6): Ekblad, Maatta, Niskanen, Garrison, Emelin, Clendening Marincin
    G(1): Holtby, Ortio
    Bench: R.Nash(C), Brodziak(C), Bellemarre(C), JT Brown (RW), Marincin(D)

Prospects(10):
    F: Larkin (C), Petan (C), W.Karlsson (C), C.White (C), Bracco (RW), Compher (LW)
    D: Honka, Manning, Tennyson
    G: Desrosiers

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    *Responses Indicate you are "still interested".

1. For an August/September slow-draft, what time of day are you available to type out a draft pick? List as many time windows as possible for any day. (ex. I can make a pick 7-8am, 12-1pm, 5pm-10pm)
    The only time I'm not available for draft is Mid July / Vacation July 17th to 27th. Other than that, if it's a slow draft, I'm pretty open to most times. (That Said.. I am in the EST)

No issues on Pre-Payment.

Dobber Sports Stud

I am still interested Penguin. Available anytime for the draft. Entry fee is no problem.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Based on these replies, I'll nail some things down right now.
    If any of these don't work for you, please let me know you are out (and I understand - can't satisfy everybody)

LEAGUE SETTINGS (based on replies & personal experience)

Money: $25 or $50. What I'm actually leaning to do is make the annual fee $25. Portion will go to the Fantrax Premium sign-up. Prizes for 1st overall regular season & 1st in H2H playoffs. Minor prizes for 2nd, maybe. If there is competitive interest, we can increase to $50 for future years. But GMs will be required to pay $50 up front. You will not get to draft until $50 has been collected. Collection will be the only way to lock in your place in the draft.. $25 for this season, $25 for the next season. This is important (to me) because I want to know GMs are committed to future years. If the league ever folds, you will get your future $25 back - hopefully most of you have developed a comfort level with me by now. Mainly, I want to ensure that a team doesn't strip itself bare to go for a championship rendering itself useless for future year. I've seen teams do this and then not return in money leagues.

Number of Teams: 24. This is the most popular number. For goalies, 24 teams x 1G is good amount in play.

League Format: Weekly H2H Match-Up. Weighted Scoring. 1 winner. Category play is hard when there is only 1G slot.

Weighted Scoring: To be determined.
    But there are very common weights that I'm fond of & used by many leagues: G=1, A=1, PPP=0.5, SOG=0.1, HIT=0.05, BLK=0.05, PIM=TBD. W=3, SO=5, SV=0.1, GA=-1.0.
    I'll set up a SHARED googledoc so that everybody can see where last year's players rank based on whatever scoring we choose.
    This will be available to all pre-draft.

Roster Size: 3C/3LW/3RW/3F + 6D + 1G + 5 Bench. 10 Prospect Farm. (< 50gp skaters. < 20gp goalies.)
    re: Positions. Many here know that I'm a stickler for positions - and we can clarify what positions players will be assigned pre-draft.

Keeper Type: Partial. I noticed a lot of support for the "Dynasty" but I've been in two and not seen adequate turnover/parity. For 25-player roster, we'll set it as 16-keepers: 9F/4D/1G + any 2. Drop 9 pro. All prospects may be kept.
    Mid-June: Prospect Draft. 5 rounds.
    September 1st: Replacement Draft for Pro Spots #17-#25.

Trading: I'm a big fan of not rejecting trades. I'm also a fan of a veto vote when it's needed to maintain league integrity. I intend to elect two co-commissioners, for a total of three - to handle league questions/concerns. Any "questionable" trades will be voted on by the entire non-trading league GMs and any trade with 75%+ rejection will be overturned. GM votes on trades will be required to be PUBLIC. This helps maintain GM integrity. [Politically speaking, you'll need to be OK with your trade being shot down if 17+ of 22 GMs think it's a terrible trade. If you can't handle that, this won't be the league for you.]

Follow-Up Questions, for those still interested:
    *Responses Indicate you are "still interested".

1. For an August/September slow-draft, what time of day are you available to type out a draft pick? List as many time windows as possible for any day. (ex. I can make a pick 7-8am, 12-1pm, 5pm-10pm)
    This is great stuff. No problems at all for me. I agree with you in re: to the keeper vs. dynasty.

To answer your questions:
    1. For an August/September slow-draft, what time of day are you available to type out a draft pick? 830 AM EST - 1230 AM EST.
    2. Do you have any issue pre-paying $50 before draft? No issues at all. I hope everyone pays before we draft. Hell I'd pay $100 to secure 2 years in the league and show I'm in it for the long haul.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Still Interested

1. For an August/September slow-draft, what time of day are you available to type out a draft pick? List as many time windows as possible for any day. (ex. I can make a pick 7-8am, 12-1pm, 5pm-10pm) I work from home, available all the time.

2. Do you have any issue pre-paying $50 before draft? nope

Dobber Sports Ace

1. My schedule is pretty flexible at the moment, so I'm available most times.

2. No problem with $50 upfront. I would be fine with going to $50 for future seasons as well (bigger payouts make it more fun IMO)

One further comment, I'm a big fan of weighted defence points to make value more equivalent. Any chance you'd consider that for this league?

Dobber Sports Pro

Sounds good to me!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    1. After 5PM Mountain Time during weekdays. Pretty well anytime on weekends.

2. No issue paying upfront.
    Same for me

This looks like it could be a very competitive, fun league. Lets do this.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Still Interested

1. For an August/September slow-draft, what time of day are you available to type out a draft pick? List as many time windows as possible for any day. (ex. I can make a pick 7-8am, 12-1pm, 5pm-10pm) I'm out on the west coast. Can check in periodically during the day depending on my shift and have a concrete window in the evenings 6pm - 10pm pacific. Have had to scramble the odd time getting ready for work due to "trying to get a trade done", so will definitely make it work.

2. Do you have any issue pre-paying $50 before draft? No that's fine.

Everything looks great so far.

C.
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Grand Master

1) Available any time in August.
    2) No issue pre-paying

One concern I might bring up. Last year I attempted to join a new keeper league and there were restrictions in the draft that you could only select non-prospect eligible players, and then we had an additional prospect draft. Meaning in your regular draft you wouldn't be able to select McDavid, Eichel, Draisatl, Bennett, etc. was that what you were thinking or will there be 1 draft with all players available?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    One concern I might bring up. Last year I attempted to join a new keeper league and there were restrictions in the draft that you could only select non-prospect eligible players, and then we had an additional prospect draft. Meaning in your regular draft you wouldn't be able to select McDavid, Eichel, Draisatl, Bennett, etc. was that what you were thinking or will there be 1 draft with all players available?
    That's a good item to mention.

All players ever drafted (incl. this year's draft) AND all players with NHL contracts will be eligible for draft.
    (players just into UFA or RFA status are available too)

McDavid & Eichel & 2015,2014,2013,etc. draftees shall be selected in the main draft.

There will be no prospect draft in the inaugural year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

*re: Invite to League. GMs will be selected for this league in tiers. I'll add about 5-6 people I'm really comfortable with and then the group of us will talk about other people we know and whether we have done a league with them in the past. Friend-of-a-friend will carry a lot of weight on being invited. By now, most people on the website are at least a bit familar to somebody else or have participated in a league with another forum member. I've always thought that a good league is based on the GMs, even moreso than the rulebook or the league settings. Good people = Good league.*