Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Anybody up for a NEW 2015-2016 Keeper League?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Anybody up for a NEW 2015-2016 Keeper League?

Yes absolutely.

Yahoo
    Money
    12-15 teams
    Weekly head to head (weekly roster changes)
    20-25 player roster
    I prefer 50-100% keeper
    Playoff aspect would be fun
    Year round to allow offseason trading
    Slow or fast draft

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd be in to join a Dobber pool, put our skills to the test!!

As for my preferences:

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host? Any
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Either way, I'd top out at $50
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? I'd prefer 16, but I'd go as high as 24
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? Straight or H2H
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? probably 18-24
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? either one
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) never done a playoff one, I'd prefer not but would be willing to try it
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading? not mandatory but trading should be allowed
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? I can't do July, but August would be good
    Keep 3, points only (1pt g/a, 2pts win/shutout), $130 for 13 players
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G ... 1 rookie

C: Getzlaf ($26), Johansen ($23)
    LW: Huberdeau ($8), Skinner ($3)
    RW: Seguin ($11), Zuccarello ($2)
    D: Werenski ($4), Dumba ($3), Provorov ($3), Pulock ($1)
    Util: Johansen ($23)
    G: Talbot ($4), Lehner
    IR: Tarasenko ($1)

Keeper
    Rookie

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think it's in the rules of gentlemanly conduct that you can't start a new league that will take your attention until you can prove you can make the playoffs in your existing league....
    12 Team H2H. Full Keeper
    G/A/Points/PIM/PPP/FOW/SOG/HIT/BLK/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SO
    Malkin, Seguin, Perry, Monahan, TJohnson, Wheeler, Lucic, Nichushkin, Drouin, Datsyuk, Hossa, Holland, Bouma, Nieto, Colborne, Prust, Jooris
    Subban, Savard, Dillon, Murphy, Prout, Petrovic
    Lundqvist, Rinne

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Gentle Yeti View Post
    I think it's in the rules of gentlemanly conduct that you can't start a new league that will take your attention until you can prove you can make the playoffs in your existing league....
    Zing!
    Inside-joke.

I invited Yeti to my 12-team dynasty this past year.
    He's a smart guy.
    I've apparently invited TOO MANY smart guys from DobberHockey into my leagues.
    For the first time in my 5 years in that league... I missed the 6-team playoffs.

(In my defense, I finished the season with three straight 3-10-1 ish H2H weeks. Not having Ryan Miller hurt me bad. If only I had held onto Cam Talbot... or claimed Andrew Hammond... I woulda been just fine!)

I'll send you some REP for that zinger - and for being such a strong member of that league!

Dobber Sports Padawan

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host? No preference here
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Money league, $50 is a good number for me
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? Anything over 10, the more the better
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? Not a big fan of Roto, weighted stats or straight points would be my preference.
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? Around 20? 12F, 6D, 2G
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? Half keeper or full is good
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) I prefer either no playoffs, or "playoffs" that use the last few weeks of the regular season.
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?) Definitely!
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? Totally easy, live draft or spread out over the Summer.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

H
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Believe it or not, I've never drafted a new keeper from scratch.
    I've adopted 2-3 teams in keeper leagues over the past years.
    (and to those looking to fill their leagues... NO!... I'm not looking to adopt another team.)

Anybody looking for a new league?
    I thought this could be a good thread for anybody interested.

General questions for those interested in a new league:

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host? yahoo... But would consider trying any.
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? If it's money, no more than $20. If do free.
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? 12-15 is good. Too deep makes it a chore with the others I already have
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? Weighted scoring. But open to any
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? 14-18 active an a bench of 7-10
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? Partial. But again...all I know
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment). If free then yes. If money, I'm fine without or treated separately
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?) yes!
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? I prefer fast on sight but open to any.

Any other key things?
    Been a long time since my inaugural draft. I'd love to do again from scratch.

Dobber Sports Novice

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host? Fantrax
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Either
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? The most important part, No less than 16, the more the better
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? H2H or Roto, both are fine
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 7D, 2 Skt, 2G - Total 23 plus 30 prospects/minors at least, the more the better
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? Dynasty Only
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) Don't really care
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?) Yes
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? Don't really care, prefer slow draft but whatever works

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd like a shot if there's room. Its been 10 yrs since my first draft from scratch. I've worked my way up to the top there and would relish the chance to try again.

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host? Fantrax
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Either (fine with putting forth some money for premium Fantrax as some have brought up
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? 16 to 24
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? straight pts or H2H are fine with me
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? depends on the number of teams, if 16 then 4 at each F position, if 24 3 at each, with a decent farm
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? Prefer full keeper, but haven't tried partial, could be fun
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) Prefer not to, but will follow consensus
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?) Yes
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? As someone said earlier, given the differing time zones, SLOW would probably work best (I like to pick quickly, but wrangling folk is probably easier done with a slow draft.

Thanks for bringing this up Pengwin.
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I also have only adopted teams. Count me in if there's room.

Impressed by the amount of interest!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    I'd be down to give an online Dobber community pool a go. All of my current pools are in-person - so this would be an interesting switch.

As for my preferences:

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host? I'm open
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Again I'm open to either
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? I too would be game to try a "big" league (20-30 teams)
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? Strong preference towards weighted scoring
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? I enjoy mimicking the NHL in fantasy - so 4C/L/R 6D 2G with 3 bench and a large farm
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? I'm open
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) I'm open
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading? Not mandatory for everyone - but absolutely for those who want to be
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? August to fill the dog days

Id be in as well. The replies from YL sums up my preferences as well.

Dobber Sports Pro

Curious how this is looking for a potential new league? Would be a lot of fun to have a pool of "Dobber's" competing
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Ok, at first, I merely had my interest piqued by this potential league. Now, with the NHL draft come and gone, I'm getting pretty excited about what could shape up to be a great league.

"First overall pick in prospects draft, called it! No callbacks!"

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would def. appreciate an invite:

1.mainly use yahoo , but would be open to Fantrax.
    2.money
    3.20 plus
    4.HTH
    5.20plus
    6.full keeper
    7.no playoff
    8.no pref.
    9.no pref.

would there be a farm team as well? , thanks Pengwin7
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Great replies so far.
    I think there is enough to form a new 24-team league on Fantrax.

I'll start drawing up a full list of names interested from those that have replied.

Schedule:
    Week of July 6th-10th. Discussion to try to pin down roster size, league type, scoring set up, annual cost, drafting.
    Week of July 13th-17th. Try to pin down 24 names/GMs who are "in" based on above settings/costs... and determine what time during day people are available to draft.
    Week of July 20th-24th. Discussion/formation of rules. Set draft order.
    Week of July 27th-31st. Tie up any loose ends.
    ***August 1st: Dobber Draft Guide Comes Out.***
    August 3rd - September 15th. Draft Period. Probably 25 Players (3/3/3/3/6D/1G + 5 Bench) per Team + 10 Prospects. Slow-draft*.
    *At 35 players per team, one key aspect is that everybody will be expected to make exactly ONE pick per day in either a start-or-late dedicated time slot. (since draft will snake)
    *Over 6 weeks x 6 days (no Sundays), we'll all have 35 players.

More discussion week of July 6th.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Great replies so far.
    I think there is enough to form a new 24-team league on Fantrax.

I'll start drawing up a full list of names interested from those that have replied.

Schedule:
    Week of July 6th-10th. Discussion to try to pin down roster size, league type, scoring set up, annual cost, drafting.
    Week of July 13th-17th. Try to pin down 24 names/GMs who are "in" based on above settings/costs... and determine what time during day people are available to draft.
    Week of July 20th-24th. Discussion/formation of rules. Set draft order.
    Week of July 27th-31st. Tie up any loose ends.
    ***August 1st: Dobber Draft Guide Comes Out.***
    August 3rd - September 15th. Draft Period. Probably 25 Players (3/3/3/3/6D/1G + 5 Bench) per Team + 10 Prospects. Slow-draft*.
    *At 35 players per team, one key aspect is that everybody will be expected to make exactly ONE pick per day in either a start-or-late dedicated time slot. (since draft will snake)
    *Over 6 weeks x 6 days (no Sundays), we'll all have 35 players.

More discussion week of July 6th.
    Really lookin' forward to this!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko