Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody up for a NEW 2015-2016 Keeper League?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Question Anybody up for a NEW 2015-2016 Keeper League?

Believe it or not, I've never drafted a new keeper from scratch.
    I've adopted 2-3 teams in keeper leagues over the past years.
    (and to those looking to fill their leagues... NO!... I'm not looking to adopt another team.)

Anybody looking for a new league?
    I thought this could be a good thread for anybody interested.

General questions for those interested in a new league:

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host?
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league?
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league?
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)?
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team?
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)?
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment)
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?)
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team?

Any other key things?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Anybody up for a NEW 2015-2016 Keeper League?

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    (and to those looking to fill their leagues... NO!... I'm not looking to adopt another team.)

4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)?
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team?

Any other key things?
    I'd love to join a league from scratch with you Pengwin.

To answer your questions, my preferences would be:

1. Fantrax
    2. Money ($50 is the right number for me)
    3. 16-30 teams (already in too many 12 team leagues - not enough for me!)
    4. H2H (weighted or not, either way, either way is fine)
    5. 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G with a large bench and minimum 10 player farm team
    6. Full preferably but fine with Keeper (half)
    7. That sounds like it could be fun
    8. Always down for prospect draft/off season trading
    9. Anytime works for me - preferably slow 12 hour per pick to drag on the excitement of a draft throughout the summer
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Pro

Oh baby, I've been waiting for one of these threads! I would love to join.

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host? FANTRAX
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? MONEY. NO LESS THAN $25
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? NO LESS THAN 16
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? H2H WEIGHTED SCORING
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? START AT LEAST 6-8 FORWARDS, 4 D, 1 G... DEEP BENCH AND DEEP FARM
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? DYNASTY
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) NO
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?) YES
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? SEPTEMBER, SLOW/FAST DOESN'T MATTER

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

Any other key things?
    I'd potentially be interested in participating in this league as well, depending on how it is ultimately set up.

1. Fantrax
    2. Money league ($50 to $100 range, ideally)
    3. 12 to 16
    4. Straight points (weighted or not) or H2H-points (weighted or not)
    5. 20 starters (12/6/2) with about an 5-8 man bench is nice. Ideally we'd also have a farm team with anywhere between 5 and 20 slots
    6. Full keeper
    7. No, I don't want to have to factor the NHL playoff picture in how I build my fantasy team
    8. Yes
    9. Slow draft would be my preference, ideally in July or Sept, but I'm ok with whatever here.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

The Great One

I'm interested. Money league for sure. If it is H2H, I'd prefer something that is set up weekly and not daily. I'm in so many leagues that another daily set up would likely be too much for me.

Other than that, I'm up for anything.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host? I've only used Fantrax and Yahoo but i'd be down for anything
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? either is fine with me (no more than $50 though)
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? 14 is usually a good number
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? H2H
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? no preference
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? dyansty
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? not necessary
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? Prospect draft - YES, off-season trading - YES
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your. As long as I get to pick my team I'm good
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

The Great One

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host? Fantrax
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Prefer free league; recruiting for crappy teams in a pay leagues is annoying.
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? 16 min, 30 max.
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? Anything but straight points.
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? Something like 4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 10 Bench. [OR 12F, depending on whether FOW are a category].
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? Dynasty, but partial keeper is ok.
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) Yes.
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?) Doesn't matter.
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? A few weeks after the rules are in place? Doesn't really matter.

Dobber Sports Ace

This sounds great!

2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Money league would be preferred. $50-100 range entry fee would be good.
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? 12-16
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? I like H2H fantasy points leagues personally, then additional stats factor into player value, but you're not drafting specifically for peripherals.
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? This is a harder question for me to answer because for me league size factors in pretty heavily. Most importantly, I think, the league shouldn't be so deep that there is NOTHING in FA. I like a medium sized starting roster, and a medium sized bench.
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? There are advantages to each, I think. There is more parity in partial-keepers (in general), but sometimes it can stifle trading of the elites. I'd be fine with either, but if I had to pick I'd probably go with full-keeper.
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) I'd prefer not to involve the playoffs.
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?) Absolutely.
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? I'm easy on the date I think, but would def. prefer a slow draft.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I´d be interested as well

2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? i don´t care - if it´s money i´d prefer it to be in the 25$ to 50$ range
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? 16 at least
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? H2H multicat points based
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? 3C 3LW 3RW 3F 6D 2G 3Bench - 10-20 spots Farm Team
    6. Do you like full-keeper or partial-keeper? Full Keeper
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? Yes
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? Hell yeah
    9. When and how would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? early September slow draft
    12 team full keeper dynasty league HeadtoHead - Point-Based

G/ A/P/ PPP/+/-/PIM/SOG/FOW/Hit/TK/BLK/GA/SV/SHO/W

C - Johansen, Giroux, Seguin, Hughes
    LW - Laine, Benn, Landeskog, Ehlers
    RW - Eberle, Bjorkstrand, Tkachuk, Boeser
    D - Seider, Doughty, Jones, D. Hamilton
    G - Andersen, Fleury, Saros
    Prospects - Guenther, Hofer, Lundkvist,

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be down.

League setup is really the only thing I most partial on. Love the H2H weighted points setup.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would love to join another League as well

Here are my preferences

1. Fantrax for sure
    2. Money - 25$ to 50$ sounds great
    3. 16 - 20 teams
    4. H2H
    5. 20 players on active roster / 12 F 6 D 2 G - 3-5 Bench / 15 player prospect roster
    6. Full-Keeper
    7. I´d like that
    8. Active summer for sure
    9. Slow Draft in September is fine, but i can make it any other time as well
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Dobber Sports Guru

I'd be interested.

1. Do you have a preference for fantasy league host? Depending on the setup, but I really like Yahoo over Fantrax.
    2. Does it have to be a free league? or money league? Free is better. If money, then cheaper is better,
    3. How many teams do you like to have in your league? Depends on the league, but no more than 16 so teams aren't watered down too much. I find 12 to be ideal.
    4. What kind of scoring do you like in your league? (Straight points, H2H, Roto Categories, Weighted Scoring)? Straight points is my fave.
    5. How many players do you like to roster on your team? About 20.
    6. Do you like full-keeper (dynasty) or partial-keeper (say, half your roster)? Partial.
    7. Do you want a playoff aspect? (for extended season enjoyment) I'd do it, but I don't want it.
    8. Do you want the "summer" to be active? (Prospect draft, off-season trading?) Trades yes. Draft might be tough.
    9. When (July, August, September) and how (slow draft or fast draft on site) would you prefer to DRAFT your inaugural team? September if it's live. If it's a slow draft, then it might need to be spread over many days.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm retiring from a couple of leagues this year, so I would definitely be in!

My thoughts on questions:

1. Fantrax. Definitely.
    2. Free is preferred, at least to start. I wouldn't be willing to pay more than $50/year.
    3. The more the merrier. If I'm in a Dobber league - I want it to be HARD - fighting like starved dogs over every middling role player is what I'd expect from a league full of Dobber vets.
    4. Weighted scoring - and PLEASE NO PLUS/MINUS
    5. 20 -30 is the ideal for me.
    6. Full dynasty.
    7. I don't really care about a playoff format - it introduces too much randomness. I'd still participate, but I don't care.
    8. YES - Offseason is the best season!
    9. I'm insanely busy with my other leagues in September - mid-summer (August) would be best for me. Being as this will be a large league with a lot of people (all of whom have multiple teams), spread over several time zones, a slow draft is probably better.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Sage

A lot of responses, from quality dobberites too. This could be a great league.

Interesting to see Fantrax now dominating the market. Used it for the first time last year myself and I love it too.

So... are we doing this thing? Because my preference obviously sits with this group but I'm capping myself at 4 leagues this year... which means I'd have to jump ship from another league I recently joined (before they draft) and I don't want to leave them in a tight spot - the sooner I know the sooner they can find a replacement.

Looking forward to seeing how things progress here...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Stud

I absolutely would love to join Penquin!

In response to your questions:

1. I am currently involved in Yahoo but would be willing to try Fantrax.
    2. Minimum $25.00, maximum $50.00
    3. 16
    4. H2H
    5. 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4IR, 8-10 farm
    6. Full keeper
    7. Yes please!
    8. Yes, for both prospect draft and off season trading
    9. i prefer a slow draft in Sept.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C