Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Av's listening to offers on O'Reilly

Banned

Default Re: Av's listening to offers on O'Reilly

If Ottawa landed ROR and I get the to ROR and Stone steal the puck every shift I don't know what would happen to me.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    With about half of Toronto’s forwards making between 1-3mill next yr, I think they can afford ROR, even come 2016-17. But with ROR, I’d bet Avs target a d-man.
    Oh - I definitely agree that COL "needs" a D-man... in an ideal world... that's what they get back.
    But usually the way a trade comes to fruition is that two teams part with assets they are willing to move on from.
    Example, Winnipeg & the talented E.Kane/Bogo just weren't working.
    Buffalo & Myers/Stafford weren't enough of a future building block.
    Trade happens - not because this filled a "NEED" for either team... but because both teams moved on from unwanted parts.

For TOR, Bozak was such a huge minus with the JVR-Kessel line that they literally don't have a spot for him.
    For COL, ROR looks like he won't be a long-time re-signed Av, so they too... don't have a spot for him.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd say:
    *ROR has 2/10 in long-term value for COL... but another team (TOR) might be willing to take a risk for one-year to explore chemistry and then possibly talk contract extension
    *Bozak has 2/10 in long-term value for TOR... but another team (COL) might take the extra years guaranteed (3) at a lower cap number (4.2)... especially with two older forwards in final years (Tanguay, Iginla).

re: Top 4D
    Question: Which team in the NHL really has a reasonably priced top 4D that they are willing to part with for a one-year player rental?
    My answer: None.

A top 4D is not so easily acquired... and I do not believe that "final-year, future UFA: Ryan O'Reilly" has enough value to fetch one.
    COL is either gonna have to swap for a Bozak-type non-fit... or ride out 2015-2016 to see if they can make playoffs... possibly getting whatever they can at trade deadline.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

re: Top 4D
    Question: Which team in the NHL really has a reasonably priced top 4D that they are willing to part with for a one-year player rental?
    My answer: None.

A top 4D is not so easily acquired... and I do not believe that "final-year, future UFA: Ryan O'Reilly" has enough value to fetch one.
    COL is either gonna have to swap for a Bozak-type non-fit... or ride out 2015-2016 to see if they can make playoffs... possibly getting whatever they can at trade deadline.
    I don’t think this will happen, but with the abundance of D in Winnipeg I’d be looking that way for D. Andrew Ladd, Buff, Trouba, Harrison, Clitsome, Hutch and Scheifele are off contract next yr (Ufa, ufa, rfa, Ufa, ufa, rfa, Rfa), some trade could be done for a 1yr rental and ROR. The rumours of Enstrom on the block may be enticing enough?

At 3yrs, 5.75mill per Enstrom for ROR ensures longitude, roughly same caphit, and a top 4 D in Colorado. On paper it looks good, I just don’t see the Jets actually trading any d-men. Just a hunch.

But ya, it would be tough, especially with ROR contract talk history could scare off a few suitors.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Buff for ROR. Make it happen.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don’t think this will happen, but with the abundance of D in Winnipeg I’d be looking that way for D. Andrew Ladd, Buff, Trouba, Harrison, Clitsome, Hutch and Scheifele are off contract next yr (Ufa, ufa, rfa, Ufa, ufa, rfa, Rfa), some trade could be done for a 1yr rental and ROR. The rumours of Enstrom on the block may be enticing enough?

At 3yrs, 5.75mill per Enstrom for ROR ensures longitude, roughly same caphit, and a top 4 D in Colorado. On paper it looks good, I just don’t see the Jets actually trading any d-men. Just a hunch.

But ya, it would be tough, especially with ROR contract talk history could scare off a few suitors.

Good thinking.
    I don't think WPG will move Enstrom though.
    Despite his low point totals, he's a slick puck mover.

And, if you look at WPG's offensive D-men:
    *Byfuglien (RH)
    *Trouba (RH)
    *Myers (RH)
    *Enstrom (LH)

PPs usually roll best if you pair a LH-RH together on the blueline.
    RH-RH pairings are usually a big tough, it's just a hard cross D-line pass to make for the guy who is not opened-up (i.e. the RH player on the right point).

As for the Jets cap status:
    WPG has Buff in the final year of his contract.
    He could be prepared to move on... and WPG certainly has two top4D RH guys to hold: Trouba & Myers.
    As good as Buff is on the PP - he's never been a truly dynamic two-way D-man... and for a team with Trouba/Myers... they may let him walk since somebody will offer him $6m-$7m annually.

Because WPG doesn't know what will happen with Buff, they can't thin out their D too soon.
    Especially their only LH puckmover (Enstrom).

I think we'll see WPG hold all D all year.
    IF (big IF) they can get Buff signed to a long-term deal, then you'll see them shop one of their righties.

Dobber Sports Titan

I didn’t realize he was the only LH on their top 4. In a contract yr, Buff would be a solid sell high after a good productive yr at the deadline if the Jets aren’t in the thick of things. Jets do have an abundance of those big bruising d-men a lot of GMs like/can’t get enough come deadline day.

With Little and Scheifele tho, Jets are pretty set in the middle. But shifting ROR to the wing/center with Little might be enticing. Kinda like Stamkos and Filppula, a semi center squad. ROR (LH), Little (RH) would be good combo when doing faceoffs, each has their strong side.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

But shifting ROR to the wing/center with Little might be enticing.
    Everything I get from ROR suggests he's quite... stubborn.
    Guys that play center HATE being pushed over to the wing.
    Scheif (1yr left, then RFA) is a lock for future C1... and Little is more than adequate as a C1/C2 (with 3 years left at a very nice $4.75m hit)

WPG just doesn't need another center.
    And they ain't gonna pay a winger $7m+... which is what ROR probably values himself at... because that's what Paul Stastny got.

I think ROR wants to lead a team.
    So we're looking at Toronto, Arizona, even Buffalo as future locations for him.

Don't forget he signed that offer-sheet in Calgary when they were (Feb of lockout season), then perhaps, the most-center-talent-STARVED team in the NHL.
    http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=657949
    The Flames centers were Backlund(C), Stajan(C), Colborne(C), and Monahan was just a -20 rookie that year.