Thread: NBA Finals - Golden State vs. Cleveland

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default NBA Finals - Golden State vs. Cleveland

How amazing has this series been?!?! Wow!!!

Best finals I've seen in a long time. Cavs probably deserved to win tonight... but it must be scary for them knowing they came that close to losing even with Curry playing at his absolute worst.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: NBA Finals - Golden State vs. Cleveland

This has been special. Must see TV. Really pulling Cleveland and Lebron.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

I hate Lebron, but I like Irving. I also don’t like GSW now for taking out Harden, so I guess I’m pulling for Cleveland. Great series so far tho, teams just can’t take a hold of a game so far.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I haven't been interested in basketball for years... but I felt like this series would be special.
    I've watched the majority of both games on ABC and... mercy... it's gotta be the best opening to a Finals I can remember in my lifetime. (and my first NBA finals I ever watched was Bird/Magic!)

I can't stand LeBron (he's the equivalent of first-three-years-Crosby-whining)... but he's one super duper amazing player.
    Both the Cavs and the Warriors have some really interesting role-players to watch. That Moskov could be an NHL defenseman!!!
    I imagine him saying "I must break you!"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i think golden state will destroy the cavs. if currys shooting was even average last night they would have easily won.

and i was watching the highlights and some guy missed a bucket on a 3 man breakaway? lol

reminds me of when Oakley missed the layup and cost the raps the series:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Not a huge basketball fan but I am definitely hitting 'last channel' to check in on these games throughout the finals!!

Pulling for the city of Cleveland!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

I can't say it enough... best FINALS EVER.

The momentum swings in this series are crazy... from Lebron's dominance, Dellavadova's coming out party, and the Cavs 20 point lead to the Warriors coming within 1 and Curry going crazy in the 4th. Insane!!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Totally agree with blayze here -- this finals is amazing. LeBron is truly a special player. Watching him vs. Curry each night it becomes very clear to me that LeBron should have won MVP. The Cavs are nothing without LeBron, and while Curry is an unreal player as well I still think Lebron deserves it.

Anyways, just an amazing series so far -- can't wait to see how it continues to play out. Honestly, it's a must watch. We are all witnessing greatness in this series from Lebron, he puts that entire Cleveland team (and city) on his back -- and he continues to play his heart out. Just an amazing player and an amazing series.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Fall River's Finest
    C(3): Malkin, Kesler, Hanzal
    LW(3): Lucic, Perron, Chimera
    RW(3): Eberle, R. Smith, Doan
    F(3): Stafford (RW), Parenteau (RW), Eakin (C)
    D(6): S. Weber, Suter, Giordano, Yandle, Chara, Polak
    G(1): Miller [+ Niemi, Zatkoff]
    Bench: Filppula (C), Ferland (LW), Stalberg (LW), Weise (RW)

Prospects(10): Roy (C), Tambellini (C), Andreoff (LW), Jensen (LW), Sorensen (RW), Morin (RW), DeMelo (D), Berube (G), Campbell (G)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MCMackerel View Post
    Totally agree with blayze here -- this finals is amazing. LeBron is truly a special player. Watching him vs. Curry each night it becomes very clear to me that LeBron should have won MVP. The Cavs are nothing without LeBron, and while Curry is an unreal player as well I still think Lebron deserves it.

Anyways, just an amazing series so far -- can't wait to see how it continues to play out. Honestly, it's a must watch. We are all witnessing greatness in this series from Lebron, he puts that entire Cleveland team (and city) on his back -- and he continues to play his heart out. Just an amazing player and an amazing series.
    Amen!

I used to be the biggest LeBron hater around... hell, I still don't like him on a personal level today, but I can't deny we are witnessing greatness. The guy does EVERYTHING so well... it shouldn't be physically possible for a human being to be fast, smart, strong, durable, agile and big all in one package. This guy will go down as the second greatest of all time next we we-all-know-who.

I just wished Curry could pull together 4 solid quarters instead of just showing up in the 4th... but after this game I think he's beginning to wake up.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Amazing series, thought Curry was going to bring them back tonite.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MCMackerel View Post

Curry winning the MVP like a Rose a few years back is similar to the years when MJ didn't win the MVP (Magic, Barkley, Malone). Writers look for a new story and a new player to crown the MVP but the reality is that MJ and Lebron are/were the league MVPs every year they were in their prime.

Love this series! Really pulling for Cleveland. Lebron is playing historic ball.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; June 10, 2015 at 9:10 AM. Reason: forgotten word
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Banned

Wanna see Cleveland win but still wanna see Ontario boy Steph Curry lift that golden ball thing.