Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Correa Called Up

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Correa Called Up

Grab him while you can if he's still available. From anything I see he's the real deal. I picked him up before the season started, hope he lives up to the hype.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Correa Called Up

I've had him in my keeper league minors since I drafted him. Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't heard he was called up yet.

I am not surprised as he's been tearing up the minors at every level he's stopped at.

Is this a short-term injury call up or is he up to stay?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

When you get swept by the BlueJays and only score 10 runs, you shake things up. And I think that’s what the Manager said. He’s been alright in AAA at the plate, not dominate like he was in AA or A. You like to see someone with a 0.300+ average going into the Majors and I think he is leaving AAA with a 0.280 or something close.

Because of the lack of depth at SS for full time hitters, he should be owned in almost every league. He’s got power and great vision. He’s got rockets in his feet so he’ll even impress with his speed too I think.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Scouting Grades: Hit: 70 | Power: 65 | Run: 50 | Arm: 70 | Field: 55 | Overall: 70
    Some observers were surprised when the Astros drafted Correa first overall in 2012, but he has since shown that he was worthy of the selection. After leading the Midwest League with a .872 OPS in 2013 as an 18-year-old, Correa was well on his way to another superb season in 2014 when a broken right fibula ended his season in late June.
    Correa combines outstanding tools and athleticism with a preternatural feel for the game. He's a gifted hitter, capable of hitting for both power and average. He covers the plate well and consistently makes hard contact.
    Though his size and average speed lead some scouts to believe he will eventually move to third base, Correa has all the tools necessary to succeed at shortstop. His instincts, soft hands and well above-average arm strength give him a good chance to at least reach the big leagues as a shortstop.
    TEX
    PCL

Team
    G
    AB
    R
    H
    2B
    3B
    HR
    RBI
    BB
    K
    SB
    AVG
    OBP
    SLG
    OPS
    CC 29 117 25 45 15 2 7 32 15 25 15 .385 .459 .726 1.185
    FRE 24 98 19 27 6 1 3 12 12 14 3 .276 .345 .449 .794
    Minors 53 215 44 72 21 3 10 44 27 39 18 .335 .407 .600 1.007

Here’s what MLB’s website says about him, I guess I remembered wrong about the speed.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I've had him in my keeper league minors since I drafted him. Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't heard he was called up yet.

I am not surprised as he's been tearing up the minors at every level he's stopped at.

Is this a short-term injury call up or is he up to stay?
    I gotta think he's here to stay. Neither Villar or Gonzalez are threats to him. It'll be interesting to see what they do when Lowrie comes back though. I suspect they'll either trade him or see if he can play 3B instead of SS.

Dobber Sports Titan

I stole this off another forum because it makes a great point.

Correa faces 4 lefties in his six games this upcoming week, so I wanted to find out how he has done vs lefties. In triple A, in 36 ABs versus lefties, he is batting .333, slugging .639 and has an OPS of 1.029 and has 3 HRs and 8 RBI. In 62 ABs versus righties in triple A, those numbers are .242 average, .339 slugging, .658 OPS, 0 HRs and 4 RBI. Obviously much better vs lefties in these small samples.

Checked out his Double A numbers this year, they were good vs righties but absolutely absurd vs lefties. Again, small samples. In 96 ABs vs righties, his numbers are .333 average, .635 slugging, 1.048 OPS, 5 HRs, 23 RBIs. Pretty darn good right. Check out the insane numbers vs 21 ABs vs lefties, .619 average, 1.143 slugging, 1.810 OPS, 2 HRs, 9 RBIs. Ridiculous!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I stole this off another forum because it makes a great point.

Correa faces 4 lefties in his six games this upcoming week, so I wanted to find out how he has done vs lefties. In triple A, in 36 ABs versus lefties, he is batting .333, slugging .639 and has an OPS of 1.029 and has 3 HRs and 8 RBI. In 62 ABs versus righties in triple A, those numbers are .242 average, .339 slugging, .658 OPS, 0 HRs and 4 RBI. Obviously much better vs lefties in these small samples.

Checked out his Double A numbers this year, they were good vs righties but absolutely absurd vs lefties. Again, small samples. In 96 ABs vs righties, his numbers are .333 average, .635 slugging, 1.048 OPS, 5 HRs, 23 RBIs. Pretty darn good right. Check out the insane numbers vs 21 ABs vs lefties, .619 average, 1.143 slugging, 1.810 OPS, 2 HRs, 9 RBIs. Ridiculous!
    Those are interesting stats vs lefthanders but none of those lefties are Chris sale who he'll face tonight. He's also scheduled to face King Felix later this week. Welcome to the show kid !

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hour View Post
    Those are interesting stats vs lefthanders but none of those lefties are Chris sale who he'll face tonight. He's also scheduled to face King Felix later this week. Welcome to the show kid !
    Ya talk about a test eh. If you don’t have him, if you wait after these 4 games you might be able to snag him from the owner. But if he does well, wow, can’t wait for next week. And looks like he avoids King Felix on the June 19-21 series, he’s also in Colorado later for a couple of games. Hopefully Sale tosses a mistake vs him so he can go yard

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ya talk about a test eh. If you don’t have him, if you wait after these 4 games you might be able to snag him from the owner. But if he does well, wow, can’t wait for next week. And looks like he avoids King Felix on the June 19-21 series, he’s also in Colorado later for a couple of games. Hopefully Sale tosses a mistake vs him so he can go yard
    I'm trying to temper my expectations, especially for this week. I think the kid is a gem, especially at such a shallow SS position.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Damn... really don't know what to do.

I have Crawford and he is killing it this year. I'm in first who do you like ROS? Any other moves I should make to grab Correa?
    12 Team Keeper League. Cannot keep anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds.
    Standard Yahoo Points League, that skews more in favour of elite pitching:

Team:
    C: D. Norris; 1B: T. Frazier; 2B: D. Pedroia; 3B: M. Machado; SS: B. Crawford; OF(3): M. Brantley; A. McCutchen; J. Pederson UTIL: G. Springer (OF);

SP(3): S. Strasburg; M. Bumgarner; J. Lester
    RP (2): D. Robertson; A. Miller
    P(2): J. Axford; D. Salazar
    BN (2 of any type of player) J. Odorizzi; D. Keuchel
    DL: J. Fernandez

Dobber Sports Deity

I went out this off-season and acquire Ian Desmond in a trade and also landed Jhonny Peralta as a "throw in" in another deal. Peralta has been playing so well he's forced me to keep Desmond(who's been a big disappointment so far this year) on the bench. Now if Correa, who I have in my minors, comes up and plays well, I may be forced to move one of my SS.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by StressQ View Post

I have Crawford and he is killing it this year. I'm in first who do you like ROS? Any other moves I should make to grab Correa?
    I’d honestly stick with Crawford for you. I have him and I just dropped my “stream pitcher” option to bring up Correa, and I’ll make a decision later when it comes to who I’m going to roll with at SS. I sent out trades with Crawford + to open up a hole for Correa, but I doubt anyone jumps at Crawford because he’s so under the radar this yr.

I’d hang my head high and pat myself on the back because your team is too good for this top prospect.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I went out this off-season and acquire Ian Desmond in a trade and also landed Jhonny Peralta as a "throw in" in another deal. Peralta has been playing so well he's forced me to keep Desmond(who's been a big disappointment so far this year) on the bench. Now if Correa, who I have in my minors, comes up and plays well, I may be forced to move one of my SS.
    I think you'll find Correa will be a better alternative than both those guys. I can't figure Desmond out. He has a ton of tools but can't seem to get it together.

- - - Updated - - -

Drop Odorizzi, especially since he's probably headed to the DL. Over the long term Correa will outshine Crawford by a significant margin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Waiting for the DL notice on Odorizzi and then would consider dropping him. Trying to swing some 2for1s to free up a slot, but I'm hesitant to do anything drastic.
    12 Team Keeper League. Cannot keep anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds.
    Standard Yahoo Points League, that skews more in favour of elite pitching:

Team:
    C: D. Norris; 1B: T. Frazier; 2B: D. Pedroia; 3B: M. Machado; SS: B. Crawford; OF(3): M. Brantley; A. McCutchen; J. Pederson UTIL: G. Springer (OF);

SP(3): S. Strasburg; M. Bumgarner; J. Lester
    RP (2): D. Robertson; A. Miller
    P(2): J. Axford; D. Salazar
    BN (2 of any type of player) J. Odorizzi; D. Keuchel
    DL: J. Fernandez

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Waiting for the DL notice on Odorizzi and then would consider dropping him. Trying to swing some 2for1s to free up a slot, but I'm hesitant to do anything drastic.
    I wouldn't wait too long, someone will grab him.