Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 59 60 61 62 63 64

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    yes of course , trailer park boys
    you know anyone that named their kid Butch ?
    Just making sure.

And it wouldn't surprise me to know there's some folks out there with the name Butch given to them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Just making sure.

And it wouldn't surprise me to know there's some folks out there with the name Butch given to them.
    its just a username chosen back in the late 90's when hockey forums started to enter the scene . Man , I remember posting on the ol CNNSI boards , SLAM boards . Thats over 20 years of hot air

Dobber Sports Icon

You know what irks me...when you make a public bet with someone and then you win the bet but the person you made the bet with does not acknowledge you ever again.

BET HAS BEEN PAID!
    Last edited by chuckcouples; July 3, 2021 at 12:40 AM. Reason: New information

Dobber Sports Sage

My notifications says someone replied to this thread, but I see no new posts hhmmmm
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    You know what irks me...when you make a public bet with someone and then you win the bet but the person you made the bet with does not acknowledge you ever again.
    *zing........

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

BET HAS BEEN PAID!
    details to follow ?

Dobber Sports Titan

Last night I got a text asking to sub for a hockey team. I get all packed up drive 1minute away from my house and I felt like there was a lot of wind hitting the car, then bam. That "Flub flub flub" iconic noise, low tire pressure sensor goes off. I have a flat. Pull to the side of the road, change my tire and I'm hoping I ran over a nail or something so I can just plug it. No, bulge on the inside side wall of the tire. I got the car in September (used, 2018) and I've already had to replace the windshield (rock hit it), and now a tire. My last vehicle was a truck and never had either replaced. So annoying.

But I did get lucky it happened on a side road, when I wasn't going anywhere I needed to be, and it happened at like 9pm. It could have happened on my way back from hockey at like 11pm. But man, just so annoying when a tire with like 75% tread left, pops.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Last night I got a text asking to sub for a hockey team. I get all packed up drive 1minute away from my house and I felt like there was a lot of wind hitting the car, then bam. That "Flub flub flub" iconic noise, low tire pressure sensor goes off. I have a flat. Pull to the side of the road, change my tire and I'm hoping I ran over a nail or something so I can just plug it. No, bulge on the inside side wall of the tire. I got the car in September (used, 2018) and I've already had to replace the windshield (rock hit it), and now a tire. My last vehicle was a truck and never had either replaced. So annoying.

But I did get lucky it happened on a side road, when I wasn't going anywhere I needed to be, and it happened at like 9pm. It could have happened on my way back from hockey at like 11pm. But man, just so annoying when a tire with like 75% tread left, pops.
    Please don’t tell my wife you can go play hockey and be back within 2 hours!
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin~Joey Anderson
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors (I have 57):
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~M.Phillips~Rousek~ Posposil~Alexandrov~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
    Please don’t tell my wife you can go play hockey and be back within 2 hours!
    LOL. My fiance asked me one time why do I get home at 11pm for 7pm games but 10:30pm for 9pm games and I had to explain it's not about game time, it's about a balance of social time, parking lot weather and sleep time. The longer social time goes, the more likely I'm home later. The game has nothing to do about coming home at a certain time.

By the time I got home and unpacked and everything I think I was sitting down when the guys were getting off the ice. They ended up losing 2-1 in a do-or-die semis game too.

Dobber Sports Titan

So I'm often on Facebook Marketplace recently scrolling for wedding things for my future wedding, and I saw an apartment for rent that was awfully familiar. It was in a building that one of my best friends has one in, but it's a modern condo, so it's all cookie cutter. So I ask him, is this your apartment and are you renting it for like $1,000 less than you should be? He said no, he has it listed on Realtor.ca to sell.

I message the guy who has put up an ad to rent my friends apartment, they say some details and say "I'm actually the last tenant, email the owner at felicia@luisaMias. c o m for questions". I ask questions on the FBM chat, he reads no answer. I finally say "It's my buddies apartment, wtf are you doing you low life" no answer. I report the ad to FBM as a scam, they have it still up.

I hate scammers. They are literal dirt to me. I don't care if you're struggling in life, scamming people is the lowest form of earning money. Scam a business, they have a ton of money and insurance for this stuff. But to post an ad for an apartment, you are targeting immigrants who can be taken advantage of. Horrible people.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I hate scammers. They are literal dirt to me. I don't care if you're struggling in life, scamming people is the lowest form of earning money. Scam a business, they have a ton of money and insurance for this stuff. But to post an ad for an apartment, you are targeting immigrants who can be taken advantage of. Horrible people.
    I almost got scammed a couple years ago. So I leave for a fishing trip and I stop for gas at 3 AM in the morning in central Illinois. 10 minutes later I get a fraud alert text asking if I made a couple purchases. I respond no and they say a hold has been put on my card and to call Visa. I figured that my CC info was scanned and stolen at the gas station since several months earlier I had that happen in rural Illinois while driving back from another fishing trip. The problem was that I lose cell phone service throughout the area of the state I was headed to so I couldn't immediately call. Plus, I wanted to get to the lake and start fishing. So anyways, I fish all day and as I am driving to my destination I get service on my phone. Since I was driving, I just hit redial to the scam alert text. That was the problem. I actually was calling the scammers. They asked if I made some purchases at a Home Depot in California and after telling them no, they responded that they would cancel the charges. They sounded great on the phone and everything sounded official. I gave them my user name for my credit card and they said they would text me a code to read to them which I stupidly did. Actually, they were logging into my account and going through the forgotten password procedure. Since I was driving and not reading everything carefully, I gave them the code and they said they would cancel my card and send me a new card in 7-10 business days. This was all was very similar to when this happened to me (legitimately) several months earlier. I hung up and was felt relieved that it was handled.

So I get to my destination a couple hours later where I had WIFI and I check my email and it only notified me of a password change. I started thinking about things and decided to call Visa (the number on the back of my card) and discovered it was all a scam. There was no record of any purchases in California just a password change on my online account. Thankfully, they hadn't purchased anything but they did notify Visa that they were traveling to South Padre Island the next day. Visa cancelled my card and sent me a new one and nothing came of it. The crazy thing is this would have never happened if I hadn't been going on a fishing trip and driving through rural Illinois with spotty phone service. I know better than to hit redial but I was driving and everything the scammers did including the text and what they said on the phone was nearly identical to what I had gone through in the past. I don't know if stopping for gas was part of the scam but if it wasn't that would have been a helluva coincidence since I had similar fraud months earlier in the same area. I'm headed that direction next week. LOL- I'll never fall for anything like that again.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Some really petty things I've ruminated over recently:

-It irks me when a cashier asks how I'll be paying, credit card or Apply Pay. I can't be certain, but I don't think it makes a difference on their end (as in, they don't have to push any extra buttons) and feels oddly invasive to me when they ask.

-It irks me when a light turns green and a car ahead of me sits still for 5-10 extra seconds because the driver CLEARLY is distracted by their phone to the detriment of every other thing on the planet.

-It irks me when someone (at home or work) takes something out of the microwave by simply opening the door at a random point during the cooking cycle and then fails to clear whatever remaining cooking time from the screen so the clock displays again.

-To-go coffee cups irk me. More and more, I'm finding the rim around the top seriously lacking structural integrity such that the lid doesn't fit properly and coffee starts dripping everywhere within minutes of purchase.

-The tongues on one pair of my laceup work shoes won't stay put. They slide down to the outside of the foot while wearing and, while not painful, the feel of them not centered on the top of my foot drives me batty. Other pairs of the same shoe do not do that.

-The English language as spoken in the UK (or some parts of it, at least) customarily leave out some words from phrases/sentences that I think should be in there. For example, "I wasn't feeling well so I went to [THE] hospital." Or, "gee, when you say mean things to me it makes me feel [LIKE] shit."

So I've got all that going for me, which is nice.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Padawan

The streets in Winter, Spring Northern Ontario can get very slippery. Sidewalks are barely passable. Just irks me that most people who walk on the road walk on the wrong side of it with their backs to cars coming up behind them instead of the proper way facing the oncoming traffic. No one hit yet but hard on the drivers.
    Along the same vein...Winter roads..the grader comes down the street and I swear they intentionally start off NOT grading a foot from the curbs So with the 1st snowfall street starts off 2 feet narrower and gets narrower and narrower through the winter. Don't get me started on the grader always coming down my side of the street first filling my driveway leaving my neighbour and the driveways across the street with next to no snow in their driveways. Grumble, grumble

Dobber Sports Sage

It irks me when sportswriters refuse to budge off their preseason picks throughout the season even though we all know they wouldn't make those same picks based on how the season has played out. A writer on the Athletic recently called it having integrity. No, it's called being stubborn and really, really, really hoping that you were right so you can pat yourself on the back later.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov