Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11 51 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Morons.

However, I think that's a pretty common one.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Keep the political stuff in the political section of the forums please.
    We have a political section now?
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow bringing back an oldie thread here.

Dobber Sports Master

wife and I walking on nature trail few times a week and when people are coming our way we switch to single file and move to the right to show some social distancing respect .

karens and chads and their fancy dog just come barreling through taking up 90% of the path . Rinse and repeat about 20 times during 45 minute walk lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    We have a political section now?
    Yes sir, we do.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

So where I park at work, there are a lot of Canada Geese making the area their home (until they migrate south and annoy Americans). My car sat outside all day, no issues. After work, I gas up, then stop for groceries on the way home. Get to the car after I'm done and a flock of birds with diarrhea peppered my car with about 20 (s)hits. If I would have known I was parking on a bird poop target range, I would have parked in a different spot.

You can't leave bird poop on your car, so I had to make an unscheduled pit stop at the car wash to splash and dash.

That's what irked me today.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

My neighbour is an avid bird feeder. But also leaves scraps of food out for animals (racoons, squirrels, I dunno i hate her), which means birds will eat human food in our area. Which then ends up on my white truck constantly.

I get bird crap all the time. ALL. THE. TIME. God, she annoys the crap out of me. I had a rat in my house and it was because of her bird feed all over the ground that attracted them. Cost me hundreds in my hockey equipment alone (ate all of the foam off some equipment for it's nest).

I hear you on the announce of birds. I'll be getting the ceramic coating on my truck once I get some winnings in proline/fantasy sports.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

You guys just need my daughter’s cat. She adopted an outdoor feral cat (eventually got it vet appointment, shots, etc). That cat averages 6-8 birds daily (known, because the heads all wind up back behind the outdoor shed). I feel that buying cat food is pointless, since keeping the BIRD FEEDER full is all the cat needs. LOL.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    So where I park at work, there are a lot of Canada Geese making the area their home (until they migrate south and annoy Americans). My car sat outside all day, no issues. After work, I gas up, then stop for groceries on the way home. Get to the car after I'm done and a flock of birds with diarrhea peppered my car with about 20 (s)hits. If I would have known I was parking on a bird poop target range, I would have parked in a different spot.

You can't leave bird poop on your car, so I had to make an unscheduled pit stop at the car wash to splash and dash.

That's what irked me today.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Master

so we got a phugging blast of winter in northern ontario . dont have my snow tires on yet and the municipal road snow team avoids overtime at all costs so when theres a friday storm they dont start a good cleanup until monday 12.01 AM . Theres a certain criteria used to get them out on the weekend ; I guess 10 cm's .I think we got 9.999 .

I guess I'll take a winter storm in mid oct verses the tornado warning cottage country / barrie had at same time .

Dobber Sports Deity

I hate the fact that KFC still uses Colonel Harland Sanders as their image/mascot for advertising.

I dont know exactly when it happened, but KFC dropped calling themselves Kentucky Fried Chicken legally a few years ago yet they still use Col Sanders as their mascot. If you are going to use Col Sanders as your mascot, then call it Kentucky Fried Chicken. If you're going to change the name, then change the logo too.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I hate the fact that KFC still uses Colonel Harland Sanders as their image/mascot for advertising.

I dont know exactly when it happened, but KFC dropped calling themselves Kentucky Fried Chicken legally a few years ago yet they still use Col Sanders as their mascot. If you are going to use Col Sanders as your mascot, then call it Kentucky Fried Chicken. If you're going to change the name, then change the logo too.
    The switch from Kentucky Fried Chicken to KFC was to distance themselves from the term "fried" in the 90s. As 90s was the start of people realizing fast food was unhealthy, but places just tried to market differently instead of actually changing things.

So the whole KFC still using a southern "icon" as a mascot isn't based off of Kentucky.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Also, 'KFC' is an easier brand to market worldwide than 'Kentucky Fried Chicken.' I think it's only Quebec that has Kentucky Fried Chicken translated where elsewhere it's just KFC.

Dobber Sports Sage

With Covid cases surging in my area, restaurants will be closed to in-person dining starting today. The selfishness I read from the people living in my area is disgusting. It's probably not healthy being in some these groups on social media.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The switch from Kentucky Fried Chicken to KFC was to distance themselves from the term "fried" in the 90s. As 90s was the start of people realizing fast food was unhealthy, but places just tried to market differently instead of actually changing things.

So the whole KFC still using a southern "icon" as a mascot isn't based off of Kentucky.
    I've got no issues changing the name I get it. But change the logo from the man who put his heart and soul into that "fried" goodness. If you want to change it up then actually change it up!