Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6 46 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

The state of our roads. I know winter wreaks havoc on the roads, but are they contracting sub-par businesses or are those businesses skimping on decent material? I guess it's not in their best interest to fix the roads so that they don't have massive, car breaking potholes two weeks after they "fix" them. Is it too much to ask that they give us reasonably decent roads to drive on? I'm sure it's all about the money "everyone" is skimming for their own causes (or pockets). Two seasons in a row, I've had a bulge in my sidewall from potholes resulting in me having to buy two new tires. I put less than 10K kms a year on my car, so I'm not very happy when I have to replace a tire every season (I have a set of winters). This is why we can't have nice things. Sigh.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

People who complain when they read “political” threads in the Lounge on a hockey forum. Why do they read them and then complain afterwards, when no one is forcing them to click on that thread?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shoelace View Post
    People who complain when they read “political” threads in the Lounge on a hockey forum. Why do they read them and then complain afterwards, when no one is forcing them to click on that thread?
    Thank you, this kills me. People are so eager to jump in and police when they could simply ignore. Worry about yourselves, and if you don't like a conversation just stay out of it. Where is the harm?

Dobber Sports Master

All mods are expected to keep an eye on things. Its part of the responsibility of being a mod. The great majority of threads are just fine and I often ignore blatently stupid/ignorant comments and move on. It is not uncommon for someone to purposely post something with the express intent of pissing someone off. For the most part, I just ignore. However, some comments are more difficult than others to ignore. The ones with blatently uninformed comments with undertones of racism really get to me as a person.

This is a fantasy hockey forum. Everytime I see a political, religous or otherwise controversial thread, I know it will eventually devolve into absolute bullshit. I am going to start campaigning to get rid of the lounge or at least more leeway to just close troublesome threads. They contribute nothing and only causes problems.

I think that anyone who has been in these forums for any amount of time would agree that I am a completely reasonable person. I am a human however. I feel things and sometimes I react. Just like everyone else.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    All mods are expected to keep an eye on things. Its part of the responsibility of being a mod. The great majority of threads are just fine and I often ignore blatently stupid/ignorant comments and move on. It is not uncommon for someone to purposely post something with the express intent of pissing someone off. For the most part, I just ignore. However, some comments are more difficult than others to ignore. The ones with blatently uninformed comments with undertones of racism really get to me as a person.

This is a fantasy hockey forum. Everytime I see a political, religous or otherwise controversial thread, I know it will eventually devolve into absolute bullshit. I am going to start campaigning to get rid of the lounge or at least more leeway to just close troublesome threads. They contribute nothing and only causes problems.

I think that anyone who has been in these forums for any amount of time would agree that I am a completely reasonable person. I am a human however. I feel things and sometimes I react. Just like everyone else.
    This seems reasonable. Don’t recall seeing any posts from you specifically. It’s come up in a few threads though, people complaining about political discussions and how reading it wasted their time, and it’s like “why would someone who hates political threads take the time to read them and additionally comment on them”.....seems odd.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Bad drivers!! Probably been said over and over in this thread, but that really pushes my buttons!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    I almost like the Lounge more than any other forum. I get to know other people that post on this site. You're not wrong when a contentious subject comes up that it will eventually devolve and have to be locked, but I get so much out of the Lounge that if the price we have to pay is locking the occasional thread when it's time is up, that it's worth keeping around. People need to vent, say their piece or otherwise try to make their points to justify their viewpoints or simply to argue. For the most part, it's respectful. We all have a choice not to read a thread if we believe that it will just upset us. Plus, it's often entertaining. I don't get out much. Peace.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

I don't understand why the lounge needs mods. If people want to get ridiculous in a non-hockey thread, why not let them?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I don't understand why the lounge needs mods. If people want to get ridiculous in a non-hockey thread, why not let them?
    Mods are good, especially in the lounge. If you let people go at it without some control, it will spill over into the rest of the forums.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    most people, including myself, use the 'recent posts' option, which combines all the rooms. you see everything, regardless if you're in the lounge or not.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    most people, including myself, use the 'recent posts' option, which combines all the rooms. you see everything, regardless if you're in the lounge or not.
    You see the thread titles...

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Bad drivers!! Probably been said over and over in this thread, but that really pushes my buttons!!
    Yeah Zorro. Thats original. :wink: (thought we had a wink)

Since we're on the topic, slow drivers have to be the worst. Man, just do the speed limit AT LEAST or walk for *%&*@ sakes. (I may have mentioned this before)

Dobber Sports All-Star

When Canadians write 'check' instead of 'cheque'. It's always been 'cheque', 'not check'.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    When Canadians write 'check' instead of 'cheque'. It's always been 'cheque', 'not check'.
    So, Canadians can check that their cheque has made it to their chequing account because they have a great job at the bank as a cheque checker? Just checking.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    So, Canadians can check that their cheque has made it to their chequing account because they have a great job at the bank as a cheque checker? Just checking.
    How many cheques could a cheque checker check if a cheque checker wood check cheques?

Actually, I just find it a little checkered when Canadians write check instead of cheque because it tells me that they didn't double check their spelling with a Canadian dictionary, because if they did, it would all check out. Phew.