Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ontario puts a sticker on your old DL, making it just a photo ID (so can still be used at the Beer Store and LCBO), but without the paper document it is not a legal driver’s license. I just keep the paper document in my car and keep my old license with the “for photo id only” sticker in my wallet

But they are obnoxiously big. They make them just too tall to fit in a regular wallet, but folding it in half makes it shorter than a wallet. Like it’s easily the dumbest dimensions for a document that will be placed in a wallet.
    Honestly this is a way better system than the Alberta (and sounds like BC) system. In Alberta they take your expiring license because they don't want you to have 2 valid licenses in your possession. So now, all you have is the piece of paper that acts as your driver's license, but no photo ID with DOB on it. For most people the only other ID you have is your passport so if you want to go out for drinks or what not and might be ID'd you have to carry your passport with you which is really ackward and annoying because nothing is worse than losing your passport.

The result is that you get a lot of people going in to renew their license with their passport and when they ask for the old one you say you lost it... I'm sure the registry hears that several times a week.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Superstar

New one that happened on Sunday: With the recent Blue Jays surge I'm been trying to catch as much as the action as possible but I had a busy Sunday, I also forgot to DVR the game. I check the schedule and see that Jaysin30 is set for 9:00pm, that's cool at least I'll see the highlights and I really like Jaysin30. So I tell my friends that I'm in the "Cone of Silence" (TM) for the day, they understand and I avoid ESPN/TSN to avoid spoilers.

I somehow manage to go all of Sunday without finding out the score, which never happens so I'm super excited! I pour myself a cold beer and sit down in front of the TV, I turn to Sportsnet at 8:58 and as Sports Central is going off the air the host says "Encarnacion hits another home run and the Jays crush the Tigers 9-2, that's it for us we're out."

DAMNIT!!!!!!!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Guru

If I could create any invention in the world, it would be a laser that shoots out of parking lot lines and damages any cars that decides to park over the lines and take up two spots. Drives me nuts, especially when I'm going to a restaurant at lunch time.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Master

the dude delivering the newspaper in my neighbourhood with his 1987 chevy pik up truck using the first three feet of my front lawn as part of his 3 point turn all summer

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Oooh... I got one.

When there are three people walking towards you taking up the entire sidewalk and they don't effing move over.

Like, seriously, nobody should have to step off the sidewalk because your self-absorbed asses can muster enough comprehension to exercise some common freaking courtesy. I used to move, now I play chicken (unless it looks like they have something contagious, that said, the street people are usually more polite than the hipsters).
    This happens to me all the time, when I was a student I began just walking through/into them, I tell you what, when you're out on the town and the 3 guys walking towards you are out to pick a fight, its not a great idea... take my advice and just go around the @$$holes.
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Sage

My cousin and the Facebook updates about her life drive me crazy! This girl socializes and goes to more events in 1 month than I do in 2 years. And she has to post pictures about every frickin' thing she does. The concerts, the baseball games, Blackhawk games, the golf outings, the weekends at the cottage, the kids' sporting events, and all the girls-night-outs. And enough of the humblebragging. You don't have to post every damn city you are traveling to for your job and how much you will miss your kids. We get it- you got a great job and are making $$$. And no more 6 AM updates about being at the gym for spin class! I know I should I unfollow her but then I couldn't complain about her.

Mothers- don't let your young boys have long hair. They are not in a rock band! Take them to the barber.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    My cousin and the Facebook updates about her life drive me crazy! This girl socializes and goes to more events in 1 month than I do in 2 years. And she has to post pictures about every frickin' thing she does. The concerts, the baseball games, Blackhawk games, the golf outings, the weekends at the cottage, the kids' sporting events, and all the girls-night-outs. And enough of the humblebragging. You don't have to post every damn city you are traveling to for your job and how much you will miss your kids. We get it- you got a great job and are making $$$. And no more 6 AM updates about being at the gym for spin class! I know I should I unfollow her but then I couldn't complain about her.
    I hear ya but lately the facebook police are more annoying than the people having all sorts of fun with it like your cousin.

Dobber Sports Genius

When Christmas adds are fed down our throats before November 11th!!! Shove it up your a$$ box stores. I don't recall a time when these adds ran before the 11th. I do remember them beginning on the 11th ~8-9pm once ceremonies have commenced. Even xm radio has the 'jingle' stations 24/7 now....

anything else irking you other there? 2 month hiatus lo, don't let it build up......
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Did I mention SLOOOOW drivers? Keep up or get off the friggin road. You are a nuisance and shouldn't be driving because you are a traffic creator. I've read that in Britain, slow drivers can receive fines of $1400. Sounds like a good idea for these oblivious beings.

Dobber Sports Master

I dont care if its hockey related. The Flyers are really, REALLY irking me. I wasn't expecting them to win the Presidents, but COME ON! This is ridiculous. Its really hard to watch. So much fail in one team should not be allowed. The goalies have been playing fairly well, but apart from that, its pretty hopeless. Consider me IRKED!

Dobber Sports Sage

When I drop my kids off at daycare in the morning some parents pull up in the spot next to you even though they can see that we are not out of the vehicle. We all have kids that are in car seats and many of us have to unbuckle our kids and gather backpacks and such. GIVE ME ROOM! I shouldn't have the added obstacle of your car 2 feet from me since you were too lazy to park in a spot a little bit farther away.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

- One thing that is hockey related, when the play is going on and people start getting up/walking up and down the aisles. I understand some people may need to go bathroom or for whatever good reason HAVE to leave right away but in most circumstances why cant they just WAIT until the whistle is blown? I know Prince George is pretty strict on this and have workers standing there and asking people to wait until the play has halted.

- When you send a trade proposal to someone and no response, not even a "no"

- NHL games getting blacked out

- When its last call and you're just getting started lol

- When Im playing poker and I get donked

- When I get Tim Hortons coffee (XL Double Double) and it tastes terrible or is on the cold side. Nothing INFURIATES me more than a luke warm cup of coffee :P

- People who are walking fast behind you. Makes you feel like you have to speed up and rush like them. Hence why I do my shopping at grocery store near closing when its quiet lol

- Drivers who pull out onto the road fast just to drive slow. I can write a book on how peoples driving pisses me off. Come to think about it...lots of things piss me off lol

- Hole in my sock

- Most of the time I like to keep to myself and you get those people at work who like nothing more than to talk your head off....I dont like to be rude but sometimes I might come off as rude when I say I just want to do my work.

- People on facebook who complain/put people on BLAST/post daily selfies/post pictures of their last meal/remind us that they are going to the GYM

Im going to stop my list at this because I can go on and on....haha

Dobber Sports Monster

When I drop my kids off at daycare in the morning some parents pull up in the spot next to you even though they can see that we are not out of the vehicle. We all have kids that are in car seats and many of us have to unbuckle our kids and gather backpacks and such. GIVE ME ROOM! I shouldn't have the added obstacle of your car 2 feet from me since you were too lazy to park in a spot a little bit farther away.
    Anytime someone parks next to me just when I want to get out I start to think "Were you sent here on a mission to troll me? Is this a conspiracy to piss me off"

lol

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Anytime someone parks next to me just when I want to get out I start to think "Were you sent here on a mission to troll me? Is this a conspiracy to piss me off"

lol
    I grant younger drivers without kids some slack on this. I don't know how observant I was of this before I had children. But at daycare every driver there has young kids right now. There is no excuse not to realize the inconvenience they place on people when they park next to them as they are unloading.

Dobber Sports Monster

Another thing that IRKS me is tv commercials. I love watching Leafs Lunch/SportsCentre/TSN Thats Hockey/HNIC/Dateline and it annoys the heck out of me when commercials go on, the loud music just gets to me. I just press mute if im not watching something on PVR.

- - - Updated - - -

I grant younger drivers without kids some slack on this. I don't know how observant I was of this before I had children. But at daycare every driver there has young kids right now. There is no excuse not to realize the inconvenience they place on people when they park next to them as they are unloading.
    I know what you mean about giving the younger drivers some slack. I look back on the stuff I use to do when I was 20 compared to now and I laugh. am 27 and 20 feels like a long time ago lol