Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
The streets in Winter, Spring Northern Ontario can get very slippery. Sidewalks are barely passable. Just irks me that most people who walk on the road walk on the wrong side of it with their backs to cars coming up behind them instead of the proper way facing the oncoming traffic. No one hit yet but hard on the drivers.
Along the same vein...Winter roads..the grader comes down the street and I swear they intentionally start off NOT grading a foot from the curbs So with the 1st snowfall street starts off 2 feet narrower and gets narrower and narrower through the winter. Don't get me started on the grader always coming down my side of the street first filling my driveway leaving my neighbour and the driveways across the street with next to no snow in their driveways. Grumble, grumble
I have to watch for pedestrians that have bad habits in my neck of the woods too on the snowy mornings when they elect to walk on road verses sidewalk . Dark non-reflective clothing staring at smartphone while walking instead of being on the lookout for vehicles that may not see them . Some are walking dog who's 3 feet into the roadway .

our city put a crosswalk near the hospital but people just cross / jay walk 500 feet further east to a more convenient place (for them) to cross