Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    People using their own nicknames for players, then you have to Sherlock your way To figuring out who the heck they are talking about.
    Especially when it's in the thread title.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Would you pay to visit Regina? (maybe that's a better comparison for our MB residents)
    i live in Regina and i get your point..but Wpg, sorry it aint no better
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Ninja

IT problems at work. Can't seem to find a software system that works or enough competent support staff that will answer the trouble tickets. Just brutal. We are well and truly screwed in a crisis. Just sayin'
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Wolverine

Two words that irk me the most these days:

Salesforce Lightning

Dobber Sports All-Star

Incompetence in customer service. Called Telus to delete one number and change the plan on another. It took 6 different agents and over an hour to complete this transaction.
    Another example. A collection agency called about a dilinquent bill, which i wont pay because of more incompetence. To confirm it was me, they ask to confirm my address. I give them the address then he asks me for the city. I say Toronto. He says thats a province. What city is your office at? I again say Toronto. Again he says thats a province. Again he asks what city? I say f&#$off and i hang up. I dont have much patience for these call centres to begin with.

Was going to mention Trump but thats too obvious.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Incompetence in customer service. Called Telus to delete one number and change the plan on another. It took 6 different agents and over an hour to complete this transaction.
    Another example. A collection agency called about a dilinquent bill, which i wont pay because of more incompetence. To confirm it was me, they ask to confirm my address. I give them the address then he asks me for the city. I say Toronto. He says thats a province. What city is your office at? I again say Toronto. Again he says thats a province. Again he asks what city? I say f&#$off and i hang up. I dont have much patience for these call centres to begin with.

Was going to mention Trump but thats too obvious.
    At some point, I'd be suggesting buddy check a map
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Getting stuck behind the guy at the gas station checking his loto tickets w/cashier for 4-5 minutes when I just want to pay for my sour cream and onion chips and *diet* Dr. Pepper. He saw me merge for the cash and then dashed in front of me. Have some courtesy and let others in front of you if you are going to be awhile. I almost *pew pew* tasered those tickets right out of his hand, but I knew I'd miss and hit the slushy dispenser.

Oh yeah, Covid is irking me too. And wearing a mask while already in a protective helmet is no fun. I find it hard to latch the elastic strings onto anything concrete. I've put a complaint into Vader. Viruses can't survive in deep space can they??
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Stud

IT help desks that know less than I do. I call it simply “YOYO” (You’re on your own.)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Democrats.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Democrats.
    Keep the political stuff in the political section of the forums please.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

My area has made it a bylaw to wear a mask indoors at public areas starting today. They announced it last week it would happen and seeing people in the grocery store without a mask as late as yesterday made me shake my head. Like...it's a bylaw tmo, you should likely have a mask today, why aren't you wearing it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    My area has made it a bylaw to wear a mask indoors at public areas starting today. They announced it last week it would happen and seeing people in the grocery store without a mask as late as yesterday made me shake my head. Like...it's a bylaw tmo, you should likely have a mask today, why aren't you wearing it.
    Ottawa has the same bylaw, but I must say, it was not advertised very heavily. Unless you were reading the news, I have no idea how anyone would know about it.

Fast forward a little while later, and I can't recall seeing anyone in a store without a mask on. Because individual businesses have posted the requirement for masks on signs at their entrance.

All to say, perhaps it's just a hiccup - and like Ottawa - there will be a small period of adjustment.

Dobber Sports Master

we can advise people that they have to wear a mask but they can simply say they have a medical condition and provide zero proof of it and walk in maskless . if a fellow client asks why so and so isnt wearing a mask while they have to they will soon learn about the loophole too .

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Ottawa has the same bylaw, but I must say, it was not advertised very heavily. Unless you were reading the news, I have no idea how anyone would know about it.

Fast forward a little while later, and I can't recall seeing anyone in a store without a mask on. Because individual businesses have posted the requirement for masks on signs at their entrance.

All to say, perhaps it's just a hiccup - and like Ottawa - there will be a small period of adjustment.
    I see it on instagram, I've been told by workers at a grocery store and in a golf course pro-shop, and I've been telling people and people have been telling me. So I think Burlington's approach was word of mouth, and newspaper. Nothing in regards to massive mail out info or phone calls. So I can maybe get behind the thought of, give it a day or two. But if I see anyone trying to do stuff without a mask, I will have no idea what's happening.

I know the city made exceptions like, if you're 3 or under (or cognitive comparison to a 3yr old), medical reasons (going to be abused by people), unable to put on or remove a mask by yourself, and something else. But people have made fake medical cards saying they're exempt already. Someone got a letter from a chiropractor saying she's exempt. Like I get if you have a legit reason if it's panic attacks, bad asthma or something like that, but if you are abusing that exemption, I have no respect for you.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

I see it on instagram, I've been told by workers at a grocery store and in a golf course pro-shop, and I've been telling people and people have been telling me. So I think Burlington's approach was word of mouth, and newspaper. Nothing in regards to massive mail out info or phone calls. So I can maybe get behind the thought of, give it a day or two. But if I see anyone trying to do stuff without a mask, I will have no idea what's happening.

I know the city made exceptions like, if you're 3 or under (or cognitive comparison to a 3yr old), medical reasons (going to be abused by people), unable to put on or remove a mask by yourself, and something else. But people have made fake medical cards saying they're exempt already. Someone got a letter from a chiropractor saying she's exempt. Like I get if you have a legit reason if it's panic attacks, bad asthma or something like that, but if you are abusing that exemption, I have no respect for you.
    I can honestly saw I had no idea about Ottawa's requirement until I read it on global news the night before it came into effect. (I don't use social media very much). What I can say is that a few days after the bylaw came into effect, stores started putting huge posters on the entrances - and in my opinion - this, more than anything, has made a difference. In the last 10 days or so, I've seen 1 person in a store without a mask on; it was a Starbuck's employee. Go figure.

It's also extremely common, right now, to see people pull a mask out of their pocket right before entering a store. So it's rather uncommon to see people wearing masks in the open environment (where there is no obligation to do so).